Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DVarious Star Trek Things

• darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Goodness gracious... Loving the sleek lines of this Ambassador reboot. Feels even more of a mix of Enterprise(s) that came before it, especially that impulse deck. Only thing really missing is one of those impulse deflection crystals.

Would love to see this as a 3D model. And to borrow an expression from another universe: Love those ample nacelles :)
    Hunter Gpubliusr
  • caveat_imperatorcaveat_imperator7 Posts: 11Member
    Very nice! I was always partial to Probert's design compared to what ended up on screen. This is a great mix of the two.
    Hunter G
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    edited April 2022 #244
    These just keep getting better and better. You are creating a consistent look across multiple eras of ships and evolving those designs based on where the "look" would fall along the technological timeline which is just...fantastic.

I think this Ambassador redux might be my favorite that you've done. Stunning and so well balanced.

Something I've found missing a bit with Trek is a consistent stylistic look for the universe. With, say, Star Wars, you see design for it and it's almost immediately identifiable. Not a knock to Eaves or any other design lead. I understand Trek is a very different franchise and covers much more time (both physical and fictional) so I'm not pushing on it too hard, just giving that as an example.

I'd love to see what you would do for like...all starship classes to apply a similar look. Intrepid, Defiant, Centaur, Steamrunner, Nova...hell even Sovereign?

In any case! Your work just blows me away. Keep up the good stuff!
    Post edited by adjunct37beta on
    lennier1Rory1707Hunter G
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I would LOVE to see your take on the Nebula-Class… 😉😉😉
    Loopholeadjunct37betaHunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Beautiful take on the Ambassador class. Adds a touch of angularity in all the right places.
    adjunct37betaHunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    Holy moly! You have outdone yourself once again. These have to be kitted.

Hopefully someday! Especially since 3D printing keeps getting better and cheaper
    These just keep getting better and better. You are creating a consistent look across multiple eras of ships and evolving those designs based on where the "look" would fall along the technological timeline which is just...fantastic.

I think this Ambassador redux might be my favorite that you've done. Stunning and so well balanced.

Something I've found missing a bit with Trek is a consistent stylistic look for the universe. With, say, Star Wars, you see design for it and it's almost immediately identifiable. Not a knock to Eaves or any other design lead. I understand Trek is a very different franchise and covers much more time (both physical and fictional) so I'm not pushing on it too hard, just giving that as an example.

I'd love to see what you would do for like...all starship classes to apply a similar look. Intrepid, Defiant, Centaur, Steamrunner, Nova...hell even Sovereign?

In any case! Your work just blows me away. Keep up the good stuff!

I appreciate that! That is the point of this never ending project, so I'm glad it's working. And not to worry, I'll get to them all eventually, no ship is safe, not even the A!

I would LOVE to see your take on the Nebula-Class… 😉😉😉
    Soon....

Ael'sadjunct37betaBolianAdmiral
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Very nice. I agree with all that has been said.
    publiusrHunter G
    From a request, here's some orthos of the Ambassador (study model I did to help with the sketch)
    OcQXzIo.png
    ashleytingerRory1707trekkiLoopholeadjunct37betadarkthunderJayruwibbleBolianAdmiralrojrenand 13 others.
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Beautiful work, I love the style of these. The Ambassador looks amazing.
    Hunter G
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looks great. Nice and clean as well.
    Hunter G
    This Ambassador redesign looks fresh enough to be a retro/tribute/homage to the original but from possibly a century or two down the road.
    LoopholeHunter G
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice!
    Hunter G
    The Yaeger class won a poll on what to redesign next, I wonder why :o
    yGbHL8U.jpg
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralrojrenRekkertRory1707StarCruiserAel'sLizzy777LoopholeMadKoiFishand 7 others.
    WOW… as a huge fan of the Yeager, this is sexy AF.
    Hunter G
  • Ael'sAel's87 FrancePosts: 69Member
    I'm sold, I will take a 1000 of those !
    Hunter G
    AW Fanon Wiki — — — DeviantArt — — — AW Discord (EN)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Normally I'm not a fan of the hard edge Starfleet designs, but I do like that Yeager. Probably helps that it's a smaller ship so the sharper edges make sense. I can see that ship having a stealth mode... and also maybe even be the test ship for the armour plating that Voyager brought back from the future.
    Hunter G
    My only critique would be to reverse the direction the pylons are pointing, so it’s more like the original Yeager.
    Hunter G
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    I wonder how it would look with the pylons swept upwards instead of downwards. Good work as always.
    Hunter G
    Standing among giants
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Saw this on the Insta's....lovely redesign! Look forward to the modeling
    Hunter G
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Nice. I'm getting a Klingon vibe from it, especially that front view.
    Hunter G
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Love this ship, love to see it with upward swept back nacelles too
    Hunter G
    My only critique would be to reverse the direction the pylons are pointing, so it’s more like the original Yeager.

I did try that, and it didn't look right for this particular design

edited January 2023 #264
    I'm experimenting with a Curry class redesign (as requested by this poll)

I'm thinking that the body underneath can be an attachment. The class itself can be used mostly as a cargo tug, but other mission attachments can be added as needed. What would be seen in DS9 could be some kind of carrier/supply ship.

Post edited by Hunter G on
    Rory1707Ael'sLizzy777LoopholeJESBolianAdmiralStarCruiserRekkertsrspicer
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    So she's basically a TLE Ptolemy descendent... That's actually rather brilliant IMHO.

Come to think of it, there could be other more combat-oriented pods, similar to the later fan designs for the Ptolemy and MacPherson classes. I could see Starfleet designing combat-oriented pods brimming with torpedo tubes and phaser turrets/arrays, and then strapping them on to members of this class. They might not last long against swarms of attack ships, but they would hardly like lots of torpedoes and phaser bolts to their face (then again, it's the Jem'Hadar that we're talking about, so they'd probably die happy. The Cardassians on the other hand would NOT be happy about losing ships to cargo tugs though!)

Not sure about the industrial-like angled deflector housing. At first, I was going to say that she should have a deflector housing similar to the Balmung, since gentle curves are more endemic to that era. Then I thought about it some more, and come to think of it, the more industrial designs (cargo ships) IRL are typically lacking in curves anyways. Only long-ranged deep space and civilian pleasure vessels would probably have those gentle curves.

I was going to say that I think she should also have Ambassador/Balmung/Excelsior-type nacelles, being a newer design, but I can understand if you want to stick close to the original design (while also making it look space-worthy, and NOT look like a friggin' kitbash!). But damn it! The more that I see the design from different angles, the more that it works for me!

And those nacelles! Sure they don't match the aesthetics of any of the canon designs from TLE (well, beyond the Constellation. But those were likely commissioned in the late 23rd Century, with production slowing down in 2300. And the Miranda class was only because they didn't have the budget to make/film a modern light cruiser like the Saber at the time), but damn, they look cool all the same! I could easily see those being produced by the same company that would end up designing the nacelles for the Sovereign class (and her mostly non-canon ilk, after about 40-50 years of evolution)! Come to think of it, the Merian and Vesta class's nacelle units look a little like the TMP refit nacelle units...

And the Yeager looks brilliant. She also has those utilitarian lines similar the Saber class, which would have been perfect for mass fabrication, which in turn would have been vital to the Dominion War effort. In my mind, she'd have a registry more like NCC-73674, since she'd be brand new at the time.

Actually, she reminds me of the USS Goodson, but more angular and completely untethered from the Galaxy design ethos, particularly the forward hull!
    Hunter G
    I love that Curry design!
    Hunter G
    Lovely Curry class idea.
    Never a fan of the original, out of scale kitbash of Connie refit/Reliant nacelles and Excelsior hull bits. Please develop this and help right the past wrongs of others.
    Hunter G
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    The Curry looks great!!
    Hunter G
    Here's the Curry concept
    CVAyU7z.jpg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkertrojrenStarCruiserRory1707BolianAdmiralsrspicerLizzy777wibbleashleytingerand 7 others.
    I love it!
    Hunter G
    I love it!

Very good taste in starship design is being demonstrated here.
    Hunter G