Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10501 Posts: 5,420Member
    Tubes pipes and a new I dunno, cowling? Whatever it is forward armor etc. Cant really be a bussard bit as I made the matter collectors those pod things to explain them away. I guess they coulda been handwaviumed into massive gravity generators for the impulse systems but meh.

kling-pretos-vray-192.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-193.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-194.jpg

and yeah I have yet to yank off all the odd markings on the front end. Still unsure if I will keep the modeled in junk on the top and bottom of the cowling (the stuff in front and near the dome features) There is a lot of green in the coil housing so I might change the glow on the "injector/pipes feeding the coils into some other color or add something to break up those green rings. I also might go in and manually cut in some of the rear panels in as you can sort of tell when the interlocked plates become modeled details. Bit unhappy with that as I liked the stuck on look as if it was just glued onto the hull vs a properly fitter hull plate or panel. Real truth is probably wont see any of it at any full ship render just in these 4k in your face shots.
    ashleytingerLizzy777StarCruiserrojrenRory1707BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180wibbleBrandenbergHilk_v001
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804824 Posts: 11,337Member
    I think the markings look cool, so I hope you keep them.
    Brandenberg
    Toned down the decals and added a few bits here and there think I should be able to clone this off to the main ship soon.

kling-pretos-vray-196.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-197.jpg
    rojrenStarCruiserBrandenbergwibbleevil_genius_180Rory1707Lizzy777Hilk_v001
    Some renders with the new bits updated to the ship. Doesnt look that much different than before pfft.

kling-pretos-vray-198.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-199.jpgkling-pretos-vray-200.jpgkling-pretos-vray-201.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserashleytingerBrandenbergcaveat_imperatorRory1707Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68Hilk_v001wibbleand 1 other.
    Ok, this render shows I have some theme redos to do. . . oops. .

kling-pretos-vray-203.jpg

aft view for no real reason
    kling-pretos-vray-202.jpg

StarCruiserrojrenashleytingerBrandenbergcaveat_imperatorRory1707evil_genius_180Lizzy777Hilk_v001wibbleand 2 others.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg2176 CaliforniaPosts: 2,300Member
    Can't be said enough. I love this ship.
    Small tiny update, mostly replacing older clunky plates. (things inboard from the disruptors flanking the torps) There was some other stuff but I didnt save the preview renders.

kling-pretos-vray-205.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-206.jpg

rojrenStarCruiserevil_genius_180Mustang13Camaro68Hilk_v001ashleytingerBrandenbergRory1707Lizzy777wibbleand 2 others.
  • Hilk_v001Hilk_v001139 Posts: 57Member
    just..wow
    The next part to get junked,
    kling-pretos-vray-207.jpg

Sorta rough-in of the new part, not much change in layout I guess. Just a bit less thin and a bit more lumpy I guess.
    kling-pretos-vray-209.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-210.jpg
    Brandenbergevil_genius_180rojrenStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    That's my kinda ship. =)
    Despite you saying it's not much of a change, I actually like the look of the new part a lot more. I think it flows with the surrounding shapes better.
    edited August 6 #3613
    Roughing out the interior, ignore the stand in figs stole them and the chair out of one of the SOTL project files. Bumped them up some for the larger Klingon frame, I think the figs are near 6'5". Lighting inside is all blown out as I made the light objects a bit to large for the rooms not to mention the interior is all white right now. Original plan was to make it a paired seating with some workstations behind but those side windows causes me to widen the front pit way too much and even with as wide as it is the windows are still kinda useless. LIT gonna have to lean on the consoles to see out.

kling-pretos-vray-212.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-213.jpg
    ok f it taking too long to render but it is clear enough to see what I am doing in here.
    kling-pretos-vray-214.jpg

erm maybe that alcove is a bit tall. . . . heh bloody tu7be arms on them people. . . dunno wtf happened there Probably rushing them to get them bent without re-rigging the mesh as they are from like max 9. Someday I will replace these things and model proper crew for my ships. That or rip more genshin/game chars. lol

another edit, I do plan to replace or mod the chairs, they need rotatable bases and finer lines as these were modeled to be seen through a tinted window so I made em extra clunky.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    edited August 6 #3614
    Did you say what this rear room is intended to be. Not the bridge right? Alternate / battle bridge? Tactical room? Control room for rear weapons? I'm not saying it needs a purpose, I'm just curious if you had one in mind or whether it is just left to our collective imagination.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann845 Posts: 1,399Member
    edited August 6 #3615
    I love that rear compartment... I just love all the deets you throw in these ships. Not sure what the room could be but my mind thinks "the wayback." If it didn't need to be a command room, it could be their feast hall, their version of Ten Forward or the Briefing Room. Just a big party space. It's gotta be far from the bridge so they can't stumble drunk onto the bridge and do something stupid. Also closer to their quarters so they can hit they hay more easily.

Actually, that bigger window at the back feels more grand. Maybe the one at the end of the neck is "dome duty." "That's all we do, we sit here and look at the dome." "it's important to take care of the dome, if it's damaged, the whole ship goes up." "Yeah, but if it gets damaged, it'll explode right in our faces!"

Kind of looks like a landing pad between the window and the dome, but no hatch. So maybe that's the original intention but they took that out when they finally built the ship but the control room remains.
    Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    hah yeah I was gonna do another lounge or layabout room but got all obsessed with making a control compartment that was tight around the vrew but ended up with what I had and a way too high ceiling. ( I mean I went from 2 crew to 4 in the pod. But I will see how much it fills in once I get the consoles modeled in and how much of it is really viewable from outside.

As for purpose li8kely the observe the dome crew, one step above scrubbing the loo and the bloodworm bins, oh and feeding the targ. But realistically I guess it could be a bussard control room and upper engineering area as the fusion core would be in this upper area of the ship. It is what I was thinking the dome could be, similar to the ktinga having a dome on the belly.

I do have a larger room at the head of the ship. The command staff is all housed in the head while crew and lower ranks are down the neck in bunks. Not so bad as the novels that depict them sleeping in nooks in the hallways.

for the hell of it the view out those windows. Super grain filled as there was too little for the smoother thus it was mud but Im not willing to wait an hour for it lol. Boy it is a fat file too.

kling-pretos-vray-216.jpg
    Rory1707evil_genius_180trekkiLizzy777wibbleExcalibor
    edited August 7 #3617
    That's a cool view.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    edited August 7 #3618
    tubes and pipes and changes to the consoles.

kling-pretos-vray-220.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-221.jpg

Well changes to what I had but didn't upload as well lol. That area with the slit window is really useless now heh. Figured I would stick junk there to relate to external details vs any sort of wrap console that you need to get up out of the chair to use.

oh and some silly strut braces to bang your head on for no real reason.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777Rory1707ashleytingerwibble
    Defining the consoles more and other bits here and there. Renders take forever for this simple junk (2hrs) but whole ship maybe 2 min ffff

The desk displays are probably too laid back though so I might alter those in some way or other maybe tilt em with a hood sticking out of the surface.

kling-pretos-vray-224.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-225.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707ashleytingerwibbleBrandenbergLizzy777Excaliborcaveat_imperator
    Some more small changes in here not that any of it can be seen outside but well W/E lol.

kling-pretos-vray-227.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-228.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-229.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707wibbleLizzy777
    Just a quickie start on the replacement chair. All in Klingon desired pink. . . .

Still not sure about the blocky base. Original idea was to have a mess of stepped cylinders instead but shrug. I do plan for a head rest but havent cut that into it yet. Again these wont be super detailed, or that is the uh PLAN.

kling-pretos-vray-230.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707BrandenbergwibbleLizzy777
    lumpy heavy chair kinda done. Prolly drop the subdiv on the cushions some more or just manually smooth them as something super low poly.

kling-pretos-vray-232.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707ashleytingerBrandenbergwibbleLizzy777caveat_imperatorsrspicer
    I like the chair, it definitely looks Klingon, yet you could easily use it for other civilizations as well.
    Brandenberg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann845 Posts: 1,399Member
    Definitely feels like a prop that Trek would be reusing forever.
    Brandenberg
    Yeah, really looking Klingon on the inside just as it does on the outside.
    Interior render i let bake overnight and a close up of the side console. Ended up detaching it so it is easier to work with.
    kling-pretos-vray-233.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-234.jpg
    Rory1707StarCruiserevil_genius_180BrandenbergwibbleLizzy777ashleytingerExcaliborcaveat_imperator
    misc updates etc.

kling-pretos-vray-235.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-236.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-237.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-238.jpg
    Rory1707wibblerojrenStarCruiserpubliusrBrandenbergLizzy777evil_genius_180caveat_imperatorsrspicer
    Decided to have a go at making the dusty material on the main mat of the ship. Sadly the AO shader or "dirt" shader is of the older version lacking a lot of controls you will see on the chaos website. Same goes for a lot of the other shaders like contour and edge ( use it to render wires or round corners)

Results are eh soso I guess. Some places it gathers nicely others it looks horrible so probably ditch it and try again later and just make a new material from scratch and do so with a file that isnt all this waiting while I make changes. I change any setting I have to sit and wait while the software does it's thing. So something that should take a few seconds takes me 20min. It has to be some horrible bug in materials introduced past max2010? Dunno I think it started doing this shit when they introduced that flowchart crap to the system.

ANYHOW the renders. . .

kling-pretos-vray-239.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-240.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-241.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-242.jpg

StarCruiserBrandenbergLizzy777Rory1707evil_genius_180wibblecaveat_imperatorsrspicerExcalibor
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1227 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,650Member
    I’m loving that Klingon bridge interior.
    oh forgot to do the curvature shader to show how that looks. Got 2 of them with different settings in a noise shader as the mix shader for black and the lighter color in a composite set to screen in diffuse. Only issue with this is it only catches convex surfaces really and doesn't really collect like I want into the cracks. BUT if I can sharpen the edges of the mix of the 2 say celluar vs mix I cou7ld create a more jagged corner and could use this to reveal a metallic surface under the green paint. (or whatever the green is) What I find funny is how it applies itself to the copula roof next to the large disruptor cannons in the wing.
    kling-pretos-vray-246.jpg
    Anyhow I might use this to create a edge wear or darkening and maybe shove it into the glossy slot to boost gloss on the edges. Just gotta muck about to see if I can "crisp" up the transition zone.

kling-pretos-vray-247.jpg
    Final render here is a rounder on the contour diffuse and contour on the gloss with a altered base gloss map. (got it toned down) ATM it is only on the green base hull. I would guess on things like the chrome or copper bits it would make a visual mess exp that rounder tool. Only stink is this angle prior the hull was super reflective. You can see how high the original kick was on those darker comb bits on the wing. OK oooof had to kill it mid way taking way too long lol.
    BrandenbergStarCruiserRory1707evil_genius_180wibblecaveat_imperator
    oof OK maybe I might have to give up on this. Second time max crashed while doing a full render of the ship.