Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVir Inter Astrum Reboot

• bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Here is an update, started detailing. Got to say, this seems like a snap next to the last one. Really thinking about doing a bright color with a high visibility pattern rather than the usual airline logo. Think I've got a bit of a Bell X-1 vibe going on with the color and cockpit windows here. Going to change the winglets, see if I can't get them flowing out of the lifting body.
    shuttle1.png
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Stonecold wrote: »
    Dont know, if something like this is good. The bird was supposed to fly with nuclear thrusters. In atmosphere... Spaceport would look like Chernobyl zone, I guess :)
    oh! that would be alright if they were nuclear lightbulb systems where the almost all the radiation is contained within the reactor and the reaction is just used to heat passing liquid or gas so it expands rapidly to provide thrust. if it is more like a nuclear pulse drive such as the orion drive proposal then there would be problems even if everything functioned perfectly. as it is i cannot read russian so i did not realise this proposed vehicle was nuclear powered..

bbzwbbzw, great work how do you manage to make those panel lines look so good. colouring is strange but i can see the bell x-1 inspiration, wing tips seem too thick. very nice forward fuselage and overall shape. how did you render in sketchup in such a way that there is visible reflection and specularity on the surfaces?
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    oh! that would be alright if they were nuclear lightbulb systems where the almost all the radiation is contained within the reactor and the reaction is just used to heat passing liquid or gas so it expands rapidly to provide thrust. if it is more like a nuclear pulse drive such as the orion drive proposal then there would be problems even if everything functioned perfectly. as it is i cannot read russian so i did not realise this proposed vehicle was nuclear powered..
    My guess, it had to be a nuclear thermal rocket. IIRC, that was the only type of thruster, that was in testing stages, both in US and USSR at that time.
    Started on the engines and continuing surface details. Redid the tails too. Seeing how yellow looks for the overall color. Probably last update until next week.
    shuttle1.png
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,400Member
    I really like this design! Love the yellow on this, its bold and beautiful!
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i liked the orange better
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    very nice spacecraft, great orbital liner
    bbzwbbzw wrote: »
    Started on the engines and continuing surface details. Redid the tails too. Seeing how yellow looks for the overall color. Probably last update until next week.
    shuttle1.png
    wicked!! prefer yellow to orange, think old fins looked slightly better though. more perfect details on he surface.
    The future was never as bright as it was in the late 70's. That makes a convenient segue to an update! Since I can't decide between yellow and orange I'm doing both. And resurrecting that bastion of 70's kitch, Braniff.
    shuttle1b.png
    Wow... I can`t decide wich angle looks better... From bellow, we loose top details. From top - we loose awesome intakes...
    Thanks Stonecold. I think I'm going to do an angle that shows the intakes. But I have an idea, just for fun, of doing a couple different livieries and use them on mocked up inflight magazine covers.
    Wow I am loving it
  • TomboTombo0 Posts: 0Member
    doing a couple different livieries and use them on mocked up inflight magazine covers.

Now that's an interesting idea, certainly more interesting than a sheet with just profile shots on it. The design itself looks great.
  • TomboTombo0 Posts: 0Member
    Stooopid compooter
    more great work, looking very good. maybe round of the windows more to avoid the problems suffered by the dehaviland comet. also perhaps less windows, a few for passengers to walk/drag themselves by way of hand rails up to and stare through but no need for the rest as they would cause structural weakneses.
    Thanks guys. The shuttle should be done by the weekend, all the heavy lifting is done and I just have to put it all together and do the text. Should have it done by the end of the week. So I started on the next civilian ship. This one is going to be a transport for low gravity worlds and asteroids. The back section is the passenger compartment, holds about 8, and is unpressurized. The back of it is open. I'm going to try and make this as bug-like as possible.
    moonhopper.png
    Doing this as the scheme for the inflight magazine cover. Best viewed while listening to Strauss.
    shuttle1panam.png
  • PanPan1 Posts: 0Member
    Doing this as the scheme for the inflight magazine cover. Best viewed while listening to Strauss.
    shuttle1panam.png

model is excellent. In my opinion there is a similarity with the russian aerospaceplane MiG-2000
    http://astrotek.ru/mig-2000-nash-otvet-zengeram/
    http://astrotek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mig2000_1.jpg
    I would like to ask. Will it be on account of Russian transport and passenger ships (RUSSR and HRE)? Or is this shuttle will be used by Aeroflot?
    By the way .. I would like to make a small clarification ... Sukhoi design bureau (Su) and Mikoyan-Gurevich (MiG) specialize in front-line fighter and bomber aircraft Tupolev (Tu) on bombers and transport/passenger aircraft, Ilyushin (IL) - for transport and passenger aircraft.
    Although all offices are participating in the development of spaceplans of different purposes .... Also, do not forget bureau of Yakovlev (Yak) and the Lavochkin (La), which now though and do not develop combat aircraft, but the aircraft are participating in the development of various applications
    Yep, I'll be doing a russian transport on the next go around.
    Yep, I'll be doing a russian transport on the next go around.

Passenger? Or the cargo?
    Pan wrote: »
    Also, do not forget bureau of Yakovlev (Yak) and the Lavochkin (La), which now though and do not develop combat aircraft, but the aircraft are participating in the development of various applications
    Don`t touch Lavochkin! Lavochkin`s KB is responsible for development of space-only fighters, small shuttles and boost modules for HRE.
    shuttle1panam.png

very nice, lets see some more views of it. i would say that the relatively high nose section protruding from a wing with engine intakes below reminds me of a mig 29 or a sukhoi su27.
    Thanks guys. The shuttle should be done by the weekend, all the heavy lifting is done and I just have to put it all together and do the text. Should have it done by the end of the week. So I started on the next civilian ship. This one is going to be a transport for low gravity worlds and asteroids. The back section is the passenger compartment, holds about 8, and is unpressurized. The back of it is open. I'm going to try and make this as bug-like as possible.
    moonhopper.png

Wait, wait, the passenger compartment is unpressureized? So this is a truck for transporting zero-atm workers?
    Yep, that's the concept.
    Here is an update. I was thinking about doing a folding landing gear but it really is unnecessary.
    moonhopper.png
    nice, are you going to go with Apollo LEM style landing legs?
    Stonecold wrote: »
    Don`t touch Lavochkin! Lavochkin`s KB is responsible for development of space-only fighters, small shuttles and boost modules for HRE.

Sorry, Nikita. Remind. To the RUSSR include MiG and Tu and HRE to Su and La. Ilyushin and Yakovlev then how to divide?
    Pan wrote: »
    Passenger? Or the cargo?
    Well, since I'm doing passenger on this round the next will be cargo. Maybe an An-255 in space...
    Knight26 wrote: »
    nice, are you going to go with Apollo LEM style landing legs?
    Yessir!
    moonhopper.png
    Just realized because of the humongous front windows I'm going to have to do a full interior. :argh:
    Well, since I'm doing passenger on this round the next will be cargo. Maybe an An-255 in space...
    Yessir!
    moonhopper.png
    Just realized because of the humongous front windows I'm going to have to do a full interior. :argh:

At the moment, there are AN-225 Mriya .... Not a small number?
    Bbzw2 ment An-225 as example, I think. As for dividing Il and An KB`s, I think Il is purely HRE`s property, and Antonov - mixed firm of both HRE and R-USSR (just like it is mixed KB between Russia and Ukrain now.)

And yes, "moonbug" looks really plausable. You can try to add few radiators - I think they will add nice details to rear section.