Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DChrisGFX' 3D Star Wars Stuff

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    kippa wrote: »
    Good to see you back! Did you ever finish off the Flacon? If so have you got any linkies?

The Falcon is not finished yet. There are too much errors in it so I need to overwork it completely.
  • bobc4dbobc4d171 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice models great detail and lines, I look forward to seeing more, following this and to seeing the fanfilm.
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    I'm a big fan of your work Chris! Really enjoyed having a look at your foray into the Star Wars universe. It would be amazing to see some re-imagined Star Wars scenes like you're doing with the Trek stuff. Maybe even give Adywan enough footage for his remastered edits of the movies XD
    gm2378 wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of your work Chris! Really enjoyed having a look at your foray into the Star Wars universe. It would be amazing to see some re-imagined Star Wars scenes like you're doing with the Trek stuff. Maybe even give Adywan enough footage for his remastered edits of the movies XD

Hey gm2378,

I'm sorry I'm not the Chris your looking for. I never did Star Trek stuff :)

The one you mean is Chris2005. He is doing great Trek stuff.

But anyway, thanks for the kind words and sure it would be a pleasure for me to help Adywan with his remastering.

Chris
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    How embarrassing, I follow both you guys and this teaches me not to post when I've been drinking.

Anyways, my point is, both you Chris's are great and I think your work holds up to anything they did with the CGI from the movies :D
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Hi Chris. Since I log into Scifi-Meshes not as often as I would like, I managed to completely miss all your stuff in this thread.

Your models look amazing, and I can't wait to see more of them finished. And good luck with the fan film! Might take time to pull it off, but it'll certainly be worth it.

About overworking the Falcon completely… Well, you could always leave that mesh as a different YT-1300 with similar but slightly different modifications, since they were very common in the galaxy… ;)

Cheers!
    Hey everybody,

thank you all for the positive feedback I really appreciate it.

Here comes a bit more progress on the X-Wing. Except a cockpit its all done. While I'm modeling a cockpit my friend Wiz is makeing a UV map so I can texture it later.

x-wing-2013-final-001.jpg

x-wing-2013-final-002.jpg

x-wing-2013-final-003.jpg

I hope you like it

More soon.

Chris
    102388.jpg102389.jpg102390.jpg
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Yay Chris is back!

Looks great, as always!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Yep looking forward seeing this puppy textured! :)
    Outstanding model, that X-Wing :thumb:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    very well modelled x-wing and great detail. i think there are some asymmetry problems with the rear of the engines though, the "afterburners" seem to come from the top right of both upper engines despite them being on opposite sides. or maybe it's just the angle of viewing? great greebling/etc around the engines and wing roots, landing gear legs look a little bit too thin.
    p.s. are you going to fit wing tip thrusters on this, that way you would never have "he's on my tail" problems.
    very well modelled x-wing and great detail. i think there are some asymmetry problems with the rear of the engines though, the "afterburners" seem to come from the top right of both upper engines despite them being on opposite sides. or maybe it's just the angle of viewing? great greebling/etc around the engines and wing roots, landing gear legs look a little bit too thin.
    p.s. are you going to fit wing tip thrusters on this, that way you would never have "he's on my tail" problems.

thanks for your feedback :)

The X-Wing is about 99% accurate to the 24" HERO model (a big thank you to Mike Verta!). Everything is right on its place :) It was made from 3D replicas of the original parts used for it. I keep this 3D model as a 3D replica of the used filming prop.

Landing gear too thin? Who cares ;) It stands savely on the ground ;)

The only thing that will not be accurate is the cockpit. That will be a mix of all Cockpits used in the movies :)

I have some updates soon :)

Chris
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    Landing gear too thin? Who cares ;) It stands savely on the ground ;)

For some reason, spacefighter always replies to Star Wars posts as if they used only Earth-like engineering and technology. Every single time :D
    But of course, that landing gear would be made of durasteel or some other material, making it just as thin as it needs to be ;)

The cockpit will be interesting to see! I guess it would depend on the time in the chronology when the X-Wing would be used. If it's very close in time to A New Hope, I'd use a cockpit similar to those because they got the prototypes from Incom very recently and such. I guess they started applying many more modifications later and hence the discrepancies. Or maybe they just tried to adjust the ships as needed with the components they had available, whenever in the timeline. So do as you please :)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks absolutely spot on Chris, awesome work.
    thank you all for your nice feedback.

here is a little bit progress on the cockpit

x-wing-2013-final-004.jpg

Hope you like it.

More to come soon.

Chris
    102540.jpg
    Awesome, looking great… :thumb:
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Superb detail,well done mate.
    again thanks for the kind words :)

here is a little update. I've finished the front cocpit parts. Now working on the "main" parts :)

x-wing-2013-final-005.jpg

Hope you like it. More soon :)

Chris
    102551.jpg
    Veeery nice :)

Since you're doing a detailed interior of the cockpit, there's one thing I wanted to comment on. In a couple of the Rogue Squadron novels they mentioned that the switch to lock the S-foils in attack position is located overhead, and in fact you can see Wedge reaching up in the Battle of Endor to do it (probably where the author got it from). Are you planning on adding a switch there? I'm not sure it's featured in any of the models or the cockpits they used to make the films, but it would make me happy to see it :)
    Veeery nice :)

Since you're doing a detailed interior of the cockpit, there's one thing I wanted to comment on. In a couple of the Rogue Squadron novels they mentioned that the switch to lock the S-foils in attack position is located overhead, and in fact you can see Wedge reaching up in the Battle of Endor to do it (probably where the author got it from). Are you planning on adding a switch there? I'm not sure it's featured in any of the models or the cockpits they used to make the films, but it would make me happy to see it :)

you mean this scene? :)

s-foils.jpg

I think I will have some space to make a switch for it :)

Chris
    102582.jpg
    Yes, that one : D

EDIT: Shouldn't be a very complicated thing, in one of the books an X-wing suffered an impact or something, and the little box with the switch detached from its place, dangling from the cables it was connected to and hitting the pilot's helmet repeatedly with every movement :P
    Hi everyone

I have a small update. The heat wave that we have here makes it difficult to me to work on it. I have to take much attention on my circulation because I had a circleroundbreakdown the other day.

Here is what I have so far:

x-wing-2013-final-006.jpg

x-wing-2013-final-007.jpg

I hope you like it. More soon :)

Chris

Edit: I hope you understand my german accent :)
    102752.jpg102753.jpg
    Looking awesome. Very cool! :thumb:
    Hi everyone,

I have finished the X-Wing. My friend WIZ will make some UVMapping for it and then I can make some textures.

Here are some images:

x-wing-2013-final-014.jpg

I hope you like it.

Chris
    103138.jpg103139.jpg103140.jpg103141.jpg103142.jpg103143.jpg103144.jpg103145.jpg103146.jpg103147.jpg
    Gorgeous! I love it! :thumb:

Although I don't see the switch for the S-Foils nor the targeting computer :( Hehe…
    Gorgeous! I love it! :thumb:

Although I don't see the switch for the S-Foils nor the targeting computer :( Hehe…

ahh yes I remember ... I'll put it in later :)
    great work, very high detail. even before texturing it looks great. how many megabytes is the file at the moment?
    great work, very high detail. even before texturing it looks great. how many megabytes is the file at the moment?

the file is 110MB ... 1.45 MIO Polygones :)
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    the file is 110MB ... 1.45 MIO Polygones :)

ouch!!!
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    1.45mil polys not bad rather low :P