Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Relativity - Version2

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
I keep forgetting to post stuff here, (I'm still waiting for IRML to whap me for it) Anyhow I started to redo my Relativity mesh, and with some encouraging input from it's original designer, i've decided to continue along ;)
95325.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    the bay cutouts for the Aeon's bay (Future's end) according to Mr Sternbach, the Aeon docks and there are some kind of doors that rez in and out allowing the Aeon to take flight, it is in that respect the Shuttlecraft for the Relativity.
    95326.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very good organic look, of course, as it's an organic shaped vessel, lol, you've replicated it well... do you use a NURBS equivalent in LW or something else?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Are you referring to the thingies on the side or the "navigational deflector"? 'cause that really is a navigational deflector according to this image...

I'd take a look into the rest of the schematics if I were you. I can't seem to find a shuttlebay anywhere :(
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Are you referring to the thingies on the side or the "navigational deflector"? 'cause that really is a navigational deflector according to this image...

I'd take a look into the rest of the schematics if I were you. I can't seem to find a shuttlebay anywhere :(

Here's the thing about the shuttlebay form Mr Sternbach himself who has been kind enough to offer input on this project.
    Rick Sternbach: Issue of a shuttlebay never came up, but I suspect that in the 29th century areas of the hull can morph open and closed. My vote would be for little craft like the Aeon to come and go from the ventral side of the Relativity.

So... there is one, it was in his head at the time, and never realized in the series. Hence why it's not in anyone's made schematics (which are so inaccurate it's not funny) It's also why my bridge doesn't match and there are extra bits around it, and around the temporal core, the sensor palette in progress etc. It's been kinda fun remaking this, and getting input from the designer, so far it's all been positive.

@Chris2005: Gracias.... I did the primary modeling in SubD mode (which is like NURBS) and froze it to start the detailing. The really hard part is next, integrating what's behind the glass areas so you can see it in closeups. like the bridge through the front glass.
    Da Bridge being worked on.
    95347.jpg
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    lookin nice!
    Thanks Nano :P

slowly going front to back.. I hate detailing things really..
    95437.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I never really cared for this ship as a Star Trek ship, but I do like the design (yes, I know it's supposed to be from the 29th century.) Your model is looking fantastic so far. :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Great colors.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    ugh spam
    I never really cared for this ship as a Star Trek ship, but I do like the design (yes, I know it's supposed to be from the 29th century.) Your model is looking fantastic so far. :)

Thankee.. :)
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet. I always loved it when we saw designs that were Federation but didn't look like current designs in the series.
    Have you got orthos of your work so far?
    I'd love to see all the views.
    @Bar: havent' rendered out full orthos yet, I will :)

Haven't had a chance to even work on this for a bit due to RL stuff but I've updated it a bit... finally
    96198.jpg96199.jpg
    Sweet!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Will this be done in an iridescent color scheme?
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really good. Just makes me wonder what kind of polycounts they had to play with for such fluid designs back when the original was made. That was a good... 15 years ago?
    Pearse wrote: »
    Looks really good. Just makes me wonder what kind of polycounts they had to play with for such fluid designs back when the original was made. That was a good... 15 years ago?

I've seen the original, and it was quite lightweight and a lot of the detailing was done with mapping and bumping..

Apologies for not posting more, i got caught up in some rl hell...
    97345.jpg
    rel5.jpg 267.9K
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    gotta admit this looks more like something from batman rather than star trek - certainly has nothing that says starfleet to me but the mesh looks good
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    gotta admit this looks more like something from batman rather than star trek - certainly has nothing that says starfleet to me but the mesh looks good

Keep in mind it's 29th century technology.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    i still dont see them going batman styling in 29th centuary - but i grant that the disk nacelle approach might have changed - besides its fiction so think they should have kept the design basics for starfleet ships
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    i still dont see them going batman styling in 29th centuary - but i grant that the disk nacelle approach might have changed - besides its fiction so think they should have kept the design basics for starfleet ships

500 years a long time. Perhars the time travel nature of the ship dictates a specific shape?
    In any case, it's Star Trek Canon whether you like it or not, lol.
    I know I have been very remiss on posting updates here, but aside from a few small details, primary modeling has finished on this thing.. As I put on FB, I thank Rick Sternbach profusely and humbly for all of his assistance along the way, now on to texturing it...
    98247.png
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Worth the wait
    Interesting, the right-of-way lights are reversed on the Relativity...

Model looks good, from that viewport shot, flawless.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Did I reverse them? Thanks for catching that... I hadn't noticed.. :)
    Yea, red should be port, green should be starboard.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Really curious to know what the underside of the ship looks like.
    The bottom is really just the Aeon hangar and Nav Deflector nothing major to see.

Playin around a little with textures, I'm not sure i like this look though..
    98278.jpg
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    The bottom is really just the Aeon hangar and Nav Deflector nothing major to see.

Playin around a little with textures, I'm not sure i like this look though..

Byatch! Byatch! Byatch! :devil:
    I haven't updated this in a while and while you may not be able to tell, the entire ship was remodeled recently, and the original version I was working on scrapped.. Rick (the designer) and Brandon MacDougall who made the version used on Voyager, have been helping every step of the way to make this ship come alive.. Brandon's been great with some neat looks at the original ship, and how he made it, also with some tricks and tips on the subD process he used.. Rick has been letting me know what works aesthetically as well as within his design, and basically has said to reinvent the ship, so that's what's being done.
    102162.png