Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Relativity - Version2

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    While this is not necessarily my favorite Star Trek ship design, it's definitely well modeled. You do very nice work. :)
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Will the darker duck-nose return in this version? I think it to be very pleasing aesthetically! I also hope that some changes will be made to the bussard collectors, as quity frankly they really seem out of place when compared to the flowing lines of the rest of the ship. I didn't mind them not being visible during the episode...
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    if you are thinking the glow on the wingfronts are the Bussards, they aren't.. Rick stated that it was something else, I have to go back and check but he would like it to remain.. as for the nose, yes it will be a darker color, right now it's not set..
    I had read somewhere on the web that they were supposed to be bussard collectors, but then got scrapped or looked over by the 3D department. Unfortunately, seeing as my prime source of information is offline (C'mon Doug... pretty please?) I can't find this kind of tidbit info anymore :/
    BorgMan wrote: »
    I had read somewhere on the web that they were supposed to be bussard collectors, but then got scrapped or looked over by the 3D department. Unfortunately, seeing as my prime source of information is offline (C'mon Doug... pretty please?) I can't find this kind of tidbit info anymore :/

I dunno, Doug kinda likes where she's heading as well, he was messaging this morning on it, so... I'm considering that the designer (Rick) wants it left, and Brandon thinks it looks good, and well Doug's kinda diggin it so ;) As for Drexfiles, it's offline for a while at least.. if it's back it will be in much different form..
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Aztec Blue, now that's something to conjure with Jen
    John: the hull on this is no longer an aztec, it's a carbon fiber type material.. (per Rick Sternbach)
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    I personally love the iridescent look the Relativity was given.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    I personally love the iridescent look the Relativity was given.
    that comes later :) it's really not that hard to get..
    102188.png
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    that comes later :) it's really not that hard to get..

Yup. :D Even without textures and materials, etc. it's coming along nicely, Relativity has a very organic shape.

Not sure how you do it in Lightwave, but I saw a tutorial for 3ds max on how one can use the Shellac material... but finalRender comes with a material to create the effect without much work, it's called "fR-CD."
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris: In LW it's a trick using a surface shader, takes about 5 seconds to set up :)
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on this.

And to say a ship from the 29th century dosnt look like a starfleet ship, is like saying Kirk's enterprise can't be a ship, because it dosn't look like this.

64870-103_0371.JPG
    102213.JPG
    After talking with Rick, and Brandon, this is where I'mleaving it for tonight, all the weapons are in and placed..
    102226.png
    For some reason or another, that spoiler on top doesn't look half bad... Perhaps move those wing disruptors to the front and back? They look a bit ungainly on top IMHO.
    BorgMan wrote: »
    For some reason or another, that spoiler on top doesn't look half bad... Perhaps move those wing disruptors to the front and back? They look a bit ungainly on top IMHO.

Without trying to sound nasty... Rick approved this look, and unfortunately there's a reason for everything... there are no "wing Disruptors" the stuff on the wings themselves are part of the ship's sensor and propulsion.. the main phaser banks are in the ship itself. I guess without sounding like a total "B" I'm not soliciting ideas of where to put this and that.. that's all being done with the designer...
  • aomtealfoxaomtealfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks very cool! Will be really nice to see it finally rendered!
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Very nice Jen, still think aztec panels in shades of blue would look great but what do i know :):)
    John: unfortunately, I am constrained by Rick's thoughts on the matter that the Hull is no longer made of aztecing panels, but of a one piece carbon fiber shell sort of thing, trust me I've been working on the look and it does look pretty cool.. esp with the iridescent reflections.
    It looks good, but these screenies are killing me. Howzabout, next time you're waiting for approval on something, you pop that bad boy into Layout and do some renders. ;)
    It looks good, but these screenies are killing me. Howzabout, next time you're waiting for approval on something, you pop that bad boy into Layout and do some renders. ;)

Test Render :)
    102253.jpg
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I've never really been a fan of this design (maybe i don't feel like the hull looks detailed enough?) but this is definitely a great model. Props!
    VK08 wrote: »
    Test Render :)

Cool. It's definitely looking great. Sure, modeler lets you see things in solid render mode, but things like transparency and the cool glows don't show up like they do rendered out in Layout. :) I really like the large glowing thing in the center towards the back, that looks really neat.