Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSomething familiar?

124»

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed, I really like the look of them, the oblong shape is also a nice stepping stone to the TNG Enterprise bussard shape too.
  • TallguyTallguy351 Posts: 468Member
    That's beautiful, Tobias. The hull really feels real. There's a physicality to the whole thing that is just terrific. And congratulations on Arex as well. Looks like Phase II is off to a terrific new start.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Outstanding! That could easily pass for a physical model. It's all in the textures, but i know lighting plays a big part as well. Love the bussard design. I was never a big fan of TOS, but this looks pretty darn good!

JMoney
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    As I said before, I love the work done with Arex, and seeing him in motion makes it more awesome!
    The new ship also looks great, and I love the little shot where they put the nacelle pylon in place.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    I should sue you Tobias for me hurting my jaw when it hit the desk from being blown away by this! Ouch! Any, after I picked my jaw up, I watched it another couple of times and am impressed with every element of the video. Your modeling work is outstanding as always and the matching of Arex to the live action was really well done. When looking at the bridge, how much of it is actual set and how much is CG? Great little touches such as when the nacelle pylon is being attached to the secondary hull, there are little bits of debris blown out into space. Amazing attention to detail. I am looking forward to seeing much, much more of this.

Kudos...
    Al
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804603 Posts: 11,186Member
    I watched the new P2 vignette on their site earlier today. Great work, Tobias. The E looks fantastic, so does Arex. :D
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1923 CaliforniaPosts: 2,079Member
    This is so great! Thanks for posting it for us Tobias. Is it ok to post Ortho's of this ship?
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for the nice comments! I havenA’t made any orthos yet...

As for the bridge - that is a 100% real set. The only virtual set was the engine room with Scotty in it.
    The total shot of the bridge was however a bit complicated. The left section was recorded earlier, we had already sat Arex in there, but there was a different actor in the captains chair. Now with the new actor for Kirk, we didnA’t want to loose the Arex element, so the shot is basically split in half. Which wasnA’t easy because the right side was shot years before, with a different camera, lens and lighting. But we found the spot to put the camera and with some composition magic, nobody noticed.

I also had to open/close the doors when Kirk comes it, as we forgot to do that while filming. Fixing those little errors are actually quite fun.

E.g. the walls of the chapel are blue on top, but they were red on set and it should be a different setting. So I made them blue. Which is no big deal, as long as no one walks in front of it, which they of course did :)
  • doubleofivedoubleofive0 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for the nice comments! I havenA’t made any orthos yet...
    Allow me to start the chant then:

ORTHOS, ORTHOS!

;-)
    Didn't the phase II Enterprise have the "Mickey Mouse" turbolifts? (One on each side of the bridge, like TMP, only more obvious.)
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed, but then we would have to rebuild the whole bridge set, so we stayed with one lift for now. Aside from the torpedo launcher and the additional docking port, saucer and secondary hull are pretty much the same as the TOS Enterprise.
    Indeed, but then we would have to rebuild the whole bridge set, so we stayed with one lift for now.

Shockingly I didn't think of that.
    Aside from the torpedo launcher and the additional docking port, saucer and secondary hull are pretty much the same as the TOS Enterprise.

As Jeffries intended.
  • NBTrekieNBTrekie331 Posts: 0Member
    Any chance that we might get some cool wallpapers?
    I realy love that scene of the Enterprise leaving the asteroid station...Everytime I watch that scene I start drooling uncontrollably....
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    [Insert effusive praise here][/drool]
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804603 Posts: 11,186Member
    NBTrekie wrote: »
    Any chance that we might get some cool wallpapers?
    I realy love that scene of the Enterprise leaving the asteroid station...Everytime I watch that scene I start drooling uncontrollably....

I'll second that. I'd love to have a wallpaper of a shot from that sequence. :D
  • SarvekSarvek0 Posts: 0Member
    Totally amazing work. The Phase II Enterprises has always been my favorite. Fantastic work. :thumb::thumb:
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    I love it too. You could say that there are several Phase IIs. The Brick Price model we saw on SyFy (profiles in History or something)
    has a more TOS cast to it. The Endeavor is the earliest version, and the Constitution II closes. Tikopai was based on the Phase II version that almost made it into TMP and was seen on the cover of STARLOGs Spaceship Handbook. A more plain lower sensor dome, but everything else refit style. The Bridge was still Phase II.

One of the things I would like to see is a small escape hatch dome behind the Refit bridge. The turbo lifts are right behind the bridge, and the docking back right behind that--but that gives the bridge structure a sawed off look. Having a vertical escape hatch would echo back to the original turbolift emplacement and round off the back.