Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother Enterprise F

• DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Ent_F_Wip_18.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_19.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_20.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I'm kinda curious to see just the saucer section with its own nav deflector and the nacelles in the "up/overhead" position.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious to see just the saucer section with its own nav deflector and the nacelles in the "up/overhead" position.

nah i like what hes got going right now
    ur design now has a very domnion feel to it i like it
    I did a little yesterday but got annoyed with all the tiny mesh errors and thinking I should really build higher poly components for all the bits!

But Colb is right, in that the nacelles don't move. That's been done before. These Nacelles split, and both sections therefore have warp power.

In theory as it has a slightly flatter, bulkier belly, this should allow the ship to land on planets, or at least maybe the drive section (which as alluded to earlier is habitation, rather than the saucer section.) the ship is a fir amount bigger than voyager though voyager had bits that looked like they should fall off on a planet once you turned the engines (and thus strucutral integrity) off...
  • ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice design! I'd like it if it had Klingon or Romulan bits included in the detailing.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    IsnA’t the sec hull a bit "fat"? :D
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    You've come a long way from those first sketches, and I rather like it!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like where this is going.
    Love the way the pylons spring from the hull!
    Dannage wrote: »
    These Nacelles split, and both sections therefore have warp power.

Show me. :cool:
    u can see where they spilt in his frontal render
    Starship wrote: »
    IsnA’t the sec hull a bit "fat"? :D

Yeah, like I said in the previous post. :p Totally deliberate... Totally not as a result of starting with a cylinder rather than a sphere and just seeing where it went. :)
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    You've come a long way from those first sketches, and I rather like it!

Thanks. My initial sketches are always about a very high level concept of what bits go where. I try and keep them deliberately child-like so as not to distract me with details. I often draw enterprises as a little circle with three rectangles, just to keep my eye on the 'feel' of the ship, I guess. Details and fleshy bits always get added on later. I guess that kind of approach is helpful for seeing potential in models, like I did with the Keltoi. I turned a universally hated design into a liked (though not brilliantly modelled) design.
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Show me. :cool:

There's post 16 on page 2/3, though thats the old nacelle. The new cuts are along the same lines, so the bottom nacelle is also about half the length of the top one. I'm just considering building more detail into the new nacelle before I cut it again, or wondering whether to just cut this one up, then detail, then build a brand new one sans mesh errors and then build a nice fluid looking version of the ship from scratch. :)
    Ent_F_Wip_21.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_22.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_23.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_24.jpg
    Ent_F_Wip_25.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_26.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_27.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_28.jpg
    Ent_F_Wip_29.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_30.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_31.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_32.jpg
    The separation is pretty cool; not what I was envisioning at all. Still like it better without the radial elements, but I'm willing to hang around and see how those develop.
    If I'm honest, I wasn't that keen adding the sensor ring either, but I'll make it a separate component then, like any sensor pallette, it could always be removed. :)
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    That's actually pretty cool. The bottom piece that separates could use some refining.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    pink? really lol
    colbmista wrote: »
    pink? really lol

Looks purple to me.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like the details here, but the pink nacelles, combined with the overall shape, makes it look more like a new Jem'Hadar ship.
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Every time you update that secondary hull, it looks ever more dynamic in the rear screencaps.

Are you gonna keep the long thin warp grill strips or add in bussard collectors? (or have i missed a post where you explained that.. if so, my bad!) :)
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771390 PNWPosts: 761Member
    I like the evolution of your design with these details. The latest renders are starting to look like a resin cast model as well.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    Interesting design you have there Dannage. I want to see more!!!
    The purple probably looks more pink because of the amount of lights. I'm sure once the skylight is off and we put her in a space environment, the textures will be refined to look more in line with how she should be.

Unfortunately I spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to refine the new secondary hull (after deleting several different new versions) and I don't think I'm going to be able to get her perfect (An STL check on the command module revealed 55 errors and I've no idea how to fix em)... Well, we will see how she goes after she's had some details, gets some weapons and so on, and see if she gets to look more Starfleety...

Ent_F_Wip_33.jpg

Started on greebles for the utility sections. Details inspired by a picture I've got of one of Medjai's models.

Ent_F_Wip_34.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_35.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_36.jpg

I'm content to find out she has 39 decks. Whilst that's less decks than the galaxy, because of her shape, she'll have plenty more internal space for computer cores, research labs and science facilities, as opposed to marine barracks, supernova cannons and multi-modal attack craft launch bays... Afraid my USS Fanboy is a science ship. :)
    Ent_F_Wip_37.jpg

Ent_F_Wip_38.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, very awesome!

The bottom part looks like it wants to go the other way though :D
    Yeah, heh heh, I was originally thinking of just having two flipped over command sections. :)
    The Enterprise-F, Andromeda-class :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    ^,_,^ Looks like the Andromeda indeed.... Well, for the most part...