Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGreg's Trek Ships and Things

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Was a little worried my bridge wouldn't fit, but it seems that won't be a problem. Glad I build everything to real world scale (meters).
    Rv16007a_zpse4dcf453.png
    Roughed out how I think the torpedo launcher should work. I wanted it to largely automated with 12 preloaded torpedoes, with a belt fed system to keep the wheel loaded. The two inner rings rotate the torpedoes and also brace them against the outer two rings, which don't rotate and are only there for support (no one wants to play 52 torpedo pickup, now do we?). It does happen to cut into the deck above it, but that is not a problem.
    Rv16008a_zps690baea5.png
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice to see some internal structure stuff.
    The Renegade's new sensor dome.
    Rv16009a_zps4fb7cb49.png
    Started to think about my old Uprising story and thinking about bringing it back along with my Black Guard story. For those who don't know, Uprising takes place between "The Best of Both Worlds" and "Star Trek First Contact" and is from the perspective of a Borg drone. As you can guess writing it from the drone's perspective is a pain in the mechanical ass, especially when the only emotions come from other characters encountering the Borg.Ignore misspellings and grammar errors; I'm a little rusty.
    Uprising2013_zpsee7195d1.png
    And something slightly different:
    IMG_0199a_zps03198791.png
    Something I have been working on for a few hours. The cannon needs to be fixed, the lower left piece I pretty sure is not accurate, and the window canopy needs to be finished. I avoided doing the text on the studs as that seemed redundant.
    legopieces001a_zps69936073.png
    Got a little done, not much.
    Rv16014a_zps11da49c2.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I've got ost of those models still... :)

The saucer looks like the C57-D. ^,_,^
    My concept for the Renegade corridors. shapes are not final. Hallway is wider than I originally planned but that's okay. On another note I had to rebuild the entire saucer skeletal structure because I mucked up the measurements a bit.
    Rv16019a_zpsc5362fc2.png
    New vessel WIP.
    independence005a_zps98a5a752.png
    independence006a_zps2ac53d68.png
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like the backwash from the impulse engines is going to tag those upper pylons.

Still, pretty nifty design so far! Love the nacelles.
    More work.
    independence007a_zps1181fef4.png
    independence008a_zps6d481c66.png
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks very generic
    Please no Hellsgate-type comments. One is bad enough.
    What I have been working on when the forums were mysteriously down. Oh and watching Doctor Who.
    Needed a vessel to supplement the Independence class. Essentially a scaled down Constitution class, with a nacelle/pylon configuration reminiscent of the Ambassador. Opted to include two torpedo launchers in the neck instead of the single hidden one underneath the saucer. Windows are placed on the saucer and neck, with the secondary hull ones coming later after I finish it off.
    CarpeDiem001a_zps8056e1df.png
    CarpeDiem002a_zps0180d611.png
    CarpeDiem007a_zpsd7e51253.png
    CarpeDiem006a_zpse908cbd3.png
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Nifty design, very reminiscent of the Ambassador. And, I gotta say, I'm digging your nacelles. Very non-standard yet elegant.
    Everything to do with the Renegade saga. Areas will be revealed as the story moves along. Revealed areas I constantly talk about already. There maybe at least one more story I could add to the timeline, but I'm not sure yet.
    STRTimelineReveal_zpsf03bcfc1.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm... The bridge module looks oddly big, ven for the given time period...
    Beyond that, nice work and looking forward on the Renegade "mission-path".

Oh and Kerbals FTW! ;)
    Aresius wrote: »
    Hm... The bridge module looks oddly big, ven for the given time period...
    Beyond that, nice work and looking forward on the Renegade "mission-path".

Oh and Kerbals FTW! ;)

Maybe, but considering it is a smaller vessel than the Constitution, it helps make it look smaller in conjunction with the windows.

With the end of the year I bring you the concept 'hero' vehicle for the Black Guard novels, the prequel series to Star Trek Renegade. Influenced by the Conestoga (my favorite Enterprise vessel) this vessel incorporates Human, Andorian, and Tellarite (once I find good references on what people generally thing the Tellarite ships look like) technology.Three concepts are some directions I might go with this vessel. NOTE: Layout of stats based on whoever did the stats for the Enterprise for the series Star Trek: New Voyages/Phase II. Please comment if you know who did them so I can give them credit for that.
    DataSheet001Stovas_zpsd2e5f154.png
    good to see that the hero vehicle is not the usual saucer and nacelles shape, something about the nose reminds me of the prometheus from the alien saga. bottom of the three designs looks best though next one up not far behind. would advise avoiding the top one, nacelles look boring, plain and don't work well with the rest of the design. i look forward to seeing it complete.
    Finished the modeling on the Carpe Diem. Still tweaking textures, so that will be shown later.
    carpediembackground_zps1ce496ab.png
    good to see that the hero vehicle is not the usual saucer and nacelles shape, something about the nose reminds me of the prometheus from the alien saga. bottom of the three designs looks best though next one up not far behind. would advise avoiding the top one, nacelles look boring, plain and don't work well with the rest of the design. i look forward to seeing it complete.

Don't work? The top one was the only one that actually worked.

Major update on the Stovas.
    Stovas008a_zps7eea05fd.png
    it looks much better now than it that first render i saw of it but i still prefer the other type of nacelles.
    it looks much better now than it that first render i saw of it but i still prefer the other type of nacelles.

They don't fit the design of the ship. -_-

Somewhat update of the Stovas. Ignore the stats; they are no longer accurate.
    Stovas015a_zpscb484d6b.png
    Stovas016a_zps38415282.png
    Stovas018a_zpsdcec9545.png
    Was watching Doctor Who and figured what the hell.
    If I was a character on the show this would be my sonic screwdriver. Tried to give it a nice homely feel. Doe not extend or retract, because my character considers that a silly idea. Comes with a built in laser mechanism for welding or breaking through objects. Won't harm someone, but can be set to stun them only if their will power is above average or lower. Also comes with a auto-refilling pen.

Took 3-4 hours to create, 2-3 hours for multiple renders. Need to definitely upgrade my computer.

Doctor: "How come you have a sonic screwdriver? I'm the only one with a sonic screwdriver."
    James Carson: "Oh come on Doctor, you can't be that oblivious. You travel through time and space, intervene in history, and it didn't once occur to you that someone was going to take notes?"

GregsScrewdriver3_zps815cc6ef.png
    Back view.
    GregsScrewdriver4a_zps99ed1977.png
    Spent a few hours today working on the texture for the saucer. And yes I rebuilt the bridge and Deck 2. They ended up being twice the size than originally intended. Adding details around the ship and also rebuilding the secondary hull.
    CarpeDiem017a_zpsd4eb1846.png
    CarpeDiem018a_zps0944cce1.png
    is your "black guard hero ship" finished then?
    Yet to disable the shadows on the bussard fans so ignore those.