Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMadMan's STXI Enterprise, Version 6

124»

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Looks like she jumped right off Abrams screen.
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Look VERY good Madman. Can't wait to see the blend. :D

Brian
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Thanks, guys. :)

Finally got it finished... took me just a couple of hours, today. :)

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_001.jpg

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_002.jpg

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_005.jpg

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_006.jpg

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_003.jpg

SYXI_ENT6_FRWEB_004.jpg

I should have it ready for a full release soon... maybe even tomorrow. :) I want to update my website a bit, first, before I get it up there, though.

What do you guys think the first wallpaper should be? I've got a few ideas, but what would you guys like to see?

:)
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    Truly Amazing work!
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    Really awesome! Really captured everything about the model.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    :o
    Awesome!
    Eyegasm!
    Can't wait to animate with this...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Truly expert work on this project, madman. She looks great and, in your hands, worthy of the name Enterprise. I have one note and one request for you, if you don't mind.

Note: There's a photo of the ship in the book "Star Trek: The Art of the Film" where it looks like they added some extra vertical frames to the windows on the ship, possibly in an attempt to address the change in the ship's scale. I don't have a scanner and I haven't been able to find the photo online, but I wanted to let you know about it in case you wanted to do some research and consider adding this alteration to your model as well.

Request: If at all possible, when you decide to release this baby to the world, could you make a .3ds version available? I use MAX 8 and I've not been able to successfully import your previous versions of this ship into my system because I think you're using a more recent MAX release (9 or above, I'm guessing). If you can't it's no big deal, but I had to ask because I'd love to play with this great toy you've built!

Thanks for listening and, once again, great work!
    Thanks, guys. :) I just released the Blender version this afternoon... go get it. :)

Buckaroohawk... I'll definitely see if Knightrider can put out a .3ds as well... worst case, e-mail me, and I'll get you a .obj that you can import, for sure.

What page is that picture on, in the art book? I've got it right here, but I can't think of the image you're talking about.

Later... :)
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome model man!!! My compliments thanx indeed!!!

Bye
    Thanks, guys. :) I just released the Blender version this afternoon... go get it. :)

I went to your website, and I see the update, but not the model in the downloads page...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That's weird... I've only got the Blender version, so far, up there. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxlpd1trlc77bil/MM_STXI_EnterpriseV6.zip
    That's weird... I've only got the Blender version, so far, up there. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxlpd1trlc77bil/MM_STXI_EnterpriseV6.zip

Thanks, well, I'm gonna try to convert it, of course, KnightRider, tends to convert things much better than me, I don't know what he does, or how he converts models so much better.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    That's because Dave is a master converter lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Yeah, he always does a great job. :)
    Yeah, he always does a great job. :)

Of course, knowing me, I'll prolly redo the lighting, after he converts it to Max, and other stuff, like I always do on almost every model I get, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    It shouldn't be long, now... he sent me this:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/319/a/4/madman__s_enterprise_v6_by_davemetlesits-d32x8ik.jpg

It shouldn't be long before I get it hosted at my site. Are you going to do some animations with it? I'd love to see some flybys and stuff... I'm just too lazy to do it, these days. :)
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    What page is that picture on, in the art book? I've got it right here, but I can't think of the image you're talking about.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. An obssessive project has been diverting my attention. The picture is on pages 157 and 158, the last picture in the book. If you look closely at the saucer windows on the page 157 side of the image (I used a maginfying glass just to make sure I wasn't just imagining things), you'll see the long, oval shaped windows have smaller panes slightly inset, dividing them into sets of four. They aren't easy to see, and you never get a good enough look in the movie to see them, but they are there. Like I said before, since the Enterprise was supersized sometime during the film's production, this looks to me like an attempt to adjust the scale of the model to match the new size. I don't know if you want to bother adding these to your model or not, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of them.