Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Oppenhiemer (Trinity class)

VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
This one is going to take Awhile! (hence new thread)

trying my hand at the trinity class that i found ( and if you see a bow, aft or underside view... Please let me know.. only have the top and side to go off of!!)

Now the quandary.. upon researching the plans.. There based off the Ingram class instead of the excelsior.. So my problem is do I redo it based on the excelsior, or stick with the ingram? or a combo of both? I do like the Ingram.. don't know!

since i dont have the front,back or under... kinda up to me.. but i'll use the ingrams forward view as a base for now...

For now ( unless ya'll change my mind.. very openminded on this one) i'll do a combo package.. base it off the plans, but insert excellsior/refit details that i like over the ingram's

comes with a story that says it was built between the excelsior and the Ent B refit excelsior.. with parts tested and brought over to the B... we'll see!

So, no starter picks just yet... just blueprints of what i'm building ..still in the planing stage atm.. so Alot more latter

Thanks!
Post edited by VALKYRIE013 on
Tagged:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Intresting Design. Looks very large, what is it a carrier?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Interesting design. I had never seen it before. May I ask where you got the plans?

I'd recommend you make the model based on that plans as they are. The ship is distinct enough and it does incorporate elements that are part of th upgraded Excelsior-class (ie, the warp engines).
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/web.php

already doing a combo.. so we'll see :)
    Cool. Thanks for the web site!
    some starter images, got the saucer and impulse deck blocked out

taking some stuff from my defunct excelsior build, the saucer and the naccelles, though i'll have to rebuild the nacelles...

the eng hull is going to be a beast to block out and get right... darn referances!!

and using the excelsior saucer, slightly modified for this build, don't like the ingram saucer to too much...

.. Pictures!!
    well some more place holders, and some trys to see how it looks based of the refs... and ... need to redo it over again.. just doens't look right.. .. .. but we'll see mainly its the neck part, and the upper shuttle bay.. need to find a way to merge them nicely... without it looking tacked on!!

owell

Pictures!!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    This is cool!

..but somehow it lacks some of the elegance of the excelsior or rather the ingram :/
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    You shaped the sec hull very nice.:)
    it'll look better soon.. always loved the compacted ships like the reliant and nebula class... was hoping to realize that here.. just not yet :)
    okay, I sorted it out, and i think i'm good ( unless ya'll see something i've missed!!)

added the torpedo tubes in the front and back. some more detail on the top of the saucer on top of the impulse deck..

so it has 2 shuttle bays and a cargo bay ( in the middle, look at the aft shot)

so going well, and do more this week

till then

Pictures!!
    She is coming along very nicely...
    I believe the impulse engines are to much "thin". They need to be more "tall". :D excuse me the bad english...
    Thanks TrekMD!

yeah, kind of small.. not much bigger on the real excelsior model.. but, easy to do Starship, will fix before the next render.. Thanks!

far from finished modeling, so plenty to do :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Starship wrote: »
    I believe the impulse engines are to much "thin". They need to be more "tall". :D excuse me the bad english...
    I kinda like the thin impulse deck in that it merges well with the nacelles supports and forms a continous line...
    It flows well.

You might want to do an Ingram. Jayru has been feeling ill and only recently has done work on his uprated ingram class ships--so a one off Ingram witht he flat saucer and the wide lower dome--even wider than on Jayrus, might be a good addition to this project.
    okay, Thanks Publiusr, but don't have any interest in the Ingram class, and Jayru is doing a bang up job!!
    I increased the height, just a bit, not much on the impulse vents.. all i'm doing to that!!

Using Buckaroo hawk's shuttle bays as a reference for the upper and lower bays, can't use them full on becasue the conversion process converted all the quads to Triangles, and blew up the poly count, so rebuilding those and adding detail to make it more in line with the excellsior than the connie, :) don't want u to think i'm stealing them without credit!!

i'll work on it more tonight, after i do some airbrushing on my plastic models... ( gotta keep a good medium... don't want to burn out!)

rebuilt the lower hanger, do some textureing for the floor latter, and maybe some panels, more inline with tng, some girders.. to make it look like a work shop.. need to make the back doors bigger so they can stuff a shuttle in there for an elevator ride up to the upper bay.. which i'll work on latter as well!

i know, kind of a tangent, while the rest of the ship is still in blocks.. but i do whats interesting at the moment!!

an yeah, work on the cargo bay (middle door) tonight as well!

till then
    Pictures!!
    To much good!
    She will have weapons over the bay (like the ones at the end of ExcelsiorA’s sec hull), or youA’ll add other bay there?
    well if you look closely, there are aft torpedo tubes below the 2nd bay, close to the bottom... though, thinking of adding something there above the cargo bay... we'll see !! Thanks!
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice ship you have there, can't wait to see her finished. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Quetzal!

well some new renders!!

Cargo bay put in, bout all i did last night!

more tonight!
    You have a winner here!
    The secondary bay looks dammed nice!
    don't know why.. keep on doing detail bits when there's plenty of other things to do.. think i'm getting burnt out a bit...

owell
    not to much, some windows and docking ports on the eng section, and some windows on the saucer and inpulse deck top part...

more tomorow.. maybe
    some work done last night, redone the naccelle, and naccelle pylons, added some thrusters and vents to the pylons, and redone the top and cap of the naccelle to look closer to the plans/ Ent B refit cap.. still a few details to do, panel lines ( which i have no idea on how to do a curved line without the original geometry going in that direction!! , i'll figure it out!)

more work tonight!!
    A mix between the Excelsior, Ent-B and a few touchs of the Ingram, looks good for the new nacele.
    About the curved lines, can you explain where you planning to add it? By the way, the only way I know is to draw a spline "floating" over the object, just to use it as a guide. After that, cut manually the grid. Yes, itA’s painfull!! :)
    on the naccelle cap.. a panel line following the curve on the front. though the cut was booleaned and the geometry doesn't flow that way.. yeah gonna have to manually do it... GRRRRRRR!
    more naccelle work! and the under saucer lights and textures, not to much..

more work latter tonight!!

Thanks all!
    on the naccelle cap.. a panel line following the curve on the front. though the cut was booleaned and the geometry doesn't flow that way.. yeah gonna have to manually do it... GRRRRRRR!
    Forget one thing: Maya donA’t have a slice tool, like Max has? If so, you can select the pollys and slice all of them together. The slice will flow the geometry. Aftter that, youA’ll just need to select the edges and do what you want. Manual cuts are just for lines that donA’t flow the geometry. ;)

Good start on textures and lights.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking pretty awesome!
    She is "growing up" very nicely. ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks nice. :)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good there VALKYRIE013:thumb: