Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnuba Class Strike Frigate

• sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Here's an update..forgive the background image..it was too low rez to use as a global..but it gave me some cool lighting..
    83444.jpg
  • Looking really good, the hull looks particularly metallic the 62 is almost neon, is a material with self-illumination? The texturing is looking good at that distance, if you cropped to the brifge and motion blurred it slightly then it'd be a screen cap from a special effects reel, sweet work overall. I'm only saying this because you failed to mention it all (sarcasm) but a higher res background would payoff dividends :devil:
    Thanks man! Yeah the number is just a plain self illuminated flat blue. I decided to light the hull number internally like on US aircraft carriers vs using spot lights to light it up.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking very good, and very original!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Been awhile since I last looked at this thread. some very cool work.
    Thanks guys...I still have quite a bit to do with this model..
    Continuing to tweak the textures and add detail..Apart from some texture fine tuning and fixes some skin creases I'm just about ready to move onto finishing up the next hull section..I'll be working on the SQCD nacelle next..

See first thread post for update
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    I really do love that brushed steel texture for the hull!
    The rest of it's downright snazzy too!

And, yeah, I said it. Snazzaaay!
  • The pic looks good, the model details are excellent and the texturing is okay, it doesn't quite stand up as much as it did in the last pic but the camera is very much closer, I still think tweaking the specular or the lighting is going to be important to sell the ship as more real but that's my personal preference when it comes to highlights, nice work.
  • ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work :P
    I almost hate to put this image up just becuase it could be so much better with a model that was actually done..But I just can't help myself..The compleated model would have additional hull lighting, some illuminated windows on the backside of the superstructure..a few more nav/anti-collision light etc...

I was playing around with Gimp and I just wanted to put up something on this project..
    84079.jpg
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice composiiton. It's not obvious the ship isn't finished, those thruster exhausts have enough detail to imply the rest. Red ambient light would help the ship blend into the sun and planet a bit more. The black shadows stand out against the background.
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really goood to me. I like this model. It reminds me of robotech.
    Actually I don't want the ship to blend in more..I like how the shadows make it stand out..That was intentional but I really appreciate the compliments and suggestions.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like it, and I agree it doesn't look unfinished...but I find the grainy "sapcescape" a bit disconcerting :/
    Actually, it's not a grainy effect..Those are stars. This system is near the galactic core where star density is so thick the backdrop of space appears to be a grainy haze. The Planet is Nephedia Azar. I didn't do the background art but it fit the image I was going for perfectly.

Here is a link to an actual Hubble photo of the core region: Core photo

I think the artist captured the look and feel of this part of the galaxy perfectly.
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    brilliant
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I really like this pic and what the background image looks like after it was worked on. Downloaded the original from your link. Beautiful :)
    I think you misunderstood. The Hubble pic was just a comparison to explain why the background art looks the way it does.
    gottcha, went back and reread. I mentaly replaced "an" with "the" :o
    The Anuba model is still a WIP, but I thought I'd have some fun..:

A“USTO Starship this is the Aquellan Defense Force Vessel Inauru. You are ordered to come to a full stop and prepare to be boarded!A”

A“Inauru, this is Captain Torren Meritas of the USTO Navy starship TNSS Athena. The Umbra star system is well within the borders of the United Suns treaty zone. I do not recognize your authority over this vessel. I require you to maintain a minimum distance of 10,000 metras from this ship. If you close beyond that distance I will have no choice but to assume you have aggressive intentions and take appropriate action.A”

The Aquellan captain immediately turned to his weapons officer and spoke the words that would be the foreshadowing to war.

A“ Well Mr. Haratu, it seems our USTO friends are under the impression our directive was merely a polite suggestion. I want a main shot right over their backs! Lock on target offset Z plus 50 meters and fire!A”
    84605.jpg
    Dang..Up 48hrs is no comment...Does the new image suck that bad?
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Well, if the shoe fits...J/K :)

I hadn't seen this, but I love it. Every time I see this ship I wanna say it should be facing the other way and that uniqueness adds to the awesomeness.

Good work!
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I'm so confuesed...which is the front end? Nice pic btw.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Just got back on after a bit of a break so I didn't see the new pic. I like it, except that the ship firing should be almost invisible to the naked eye. Yeah, I know, "Where is the drama if you can't see anything" :lol:

It's been close to a year since I posted any ship pics. I'm completely rusty with SU now. But after taking another look at your awesome ships, I really need to kick start myself again and get back to it :)
    Why would it be invisible? They are not that far apart and the scene takes place in a star system with plenty of light from the local star.
    Just that Captain Torren Meritas said "I require you to maintain a minimum distance of 10,000 metras from this ship" which I took to mean that the Aquellan Defense Force Vessel Inauru was greater than 10,000 metras away at the time Captain Meritas told the Inauru to come no closer than 10,000 metras.

The ships are big but not so big that at 10,000 metras they appear as big as they are in the picture. As soon as they crossed the minimum distance Meritas demanded and the Inauru opened fire, unless the Inauru was all ready travelling at a much greater delta V than the TNSS Athena which had just entered the system and was luckily very close to the area and going in the right direction so was able to "get the jump" on the TNSS Athena (so to speak) It would probably be closer to 9,000 metras (depending on actual velocity) by the time the commander ordered the shot over the bow (just WAG'ing here).

Space is big,dark, ships are relatively small, and there is a fair distance between them and that makes me think that the Inauru would just be a dark spot in the distance to the naked eye if visible at all. The Athena's instruments would have no problem seeing the Inauru though.

So that is why I wrote what I wrote. However, not actually being party to your thinking on the subject it's all hot air from me :lol:
    cavebear wrote: »
    So that is why I wrote what I wrote. However, not actually being party to your thinking on the subject it's all hot air from me :lol:

LOL. Indeed! :p
    yep :)
    Been a while since I've worked on anything. I have really wanted to finish this model so here is an update..

The model is currently at 1.2 million polys...And Sketchup is still alive!
    89238.jpg89242.jpg89243.jpg