Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars - The Millennium Falcon

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    madmatt wrote: »
    It'll be the best model of falcon I've ever seen !!!
    I'll second that:D
    Outstanding work there Chris can't wait to see more
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Hi,

thank you all for your comments.

Herre is an update:

mf_039.jpg

mf_040.jpg

I hope you like it.

More soon :)

Chris
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    HE'S ALIIIIVVEEEEEE!!!! ooops! i mean wow, that looks awesome chris! :D
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice detail, this is comming along very well.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    u should have a crack at hte buado class star yacht
    Hi ... here comes the next one :)

mf_041.jpg

mf_042.jpg

more soon :)

Chris
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    I love it! :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    It's just too good :D You make the wait unbearable !
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    u should have a crack at hte buado class star yacht

Hey now...one "master piece":lol: at a time.
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Faaaaannnnnn-tastic!
    heya :)

again ... thank you all for your kind words and your patience :)

here comes an update:

mf_043.jpg

mf_044.jpg

mf_045.jpg

I hope you like it ... more soon.

Chris :)
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking really good, great attention to detail! I'm not sure if its appropriate/relevant but some of those pipes look like they could use some securing brackets.
    dwl wrote: »
    This is looking really good, great attention to detail! I'm not sure if its appropriate/relevant but some of those pipes look like they could use some securing brackets.

yes, true ... but they are not in the original model ... :) This should be a 1/1 replica to the 5ft Falcon ... as good as possible ;)

Chris
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    You're right! I just thought I'd mention it :)
    Looking great as always Chris ! :thumb: I think you just made me design and model a Corellian freighter ... even though I'm sure mine won't be even half as cool :D
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work so far Chris ! :thumb: ...

Jas
    dwl wrote: »
    You're right! I just thought I'd mention it :)

;)
    Looking great as always Chris ! :thumb: I think you just made me design and model a Corellian freighter ... even though I'm sure mine won't be even half as cool :D

cool idea ... it will look great I'm sure. There is no secret with all this here, its just all quads, cylinders and a lot of patience :)

here is my object manager for the falcon:
    http://www.awakeningofthesith.com/2010/falcon/!_object_manager.png
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Excellent work so far Chris ! :thumb: ...

Jas

Wow that's quite a list ! I don't recall having more than 50 separate objects in a scene - I usually merge everything :D I don't know when will I start my model so in the meantime I will look at yours because it's shaping up to be a masterpiece. BTW the NURBS/splines are the pipes, right ?
    Wow that's quite a list ! I don't recall having more than 50 separate objects in a scene - I usually merge everything :D I don't know when will I start my model so in the meantime I will look at yours because it's shaping up to be a masterpiece. BTW the NURBS/splines are the pipes, right ?

I'll merge the obects too but first I complete the whole model. After that I clean the mesh and make my goups for UV mapping.

yes, the NURBS/splines are the pipes :)

Chris
    Heya ... here is a new update.

I have added some more details:

mf_046.jpg

mf_047.jpg

mf_048.jpg

I hope you like it ... more soon.

Chris
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice detaling going on there. As for me I am a complete newbie at 3d stuff. I quite often see extremely detailed models here and find it rather intimidating for me as I am a noob. One of the nice things about seeing how this develops is how you started off with the basic shape of the ship. Then slowly added detail from part to part of the ship. It gives me a good idea of how you methodically start and approach a model. I love your work by the way. :)
    @kippa:

thanks for the kind words :)

Here is the next update. I've added some more Details.

mf_049.jpg

mf_050.jpg

mf_051.jpg

Hope you like it ... more soon.

Chris
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Hey chris, nice job! So, has Jas been making cartoons for your obsession as well? :)
    If you're planning on making the whole ship as detailed as this one then you might give it to the guys that made the Cross-sections book so that they can add some details to their paintings :p (The book is awesome BTW) Oh and I guess I didn't say how much I love the render style you are using - it makes the details stand out just perfectly :thumb:
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work mate, its coming together very nicely! :)
  • tsne16487tsne1648761 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking well saucy, tis truly a thing of beauty.
    Hey chris, nice job! So, has Jas been making cartoons for your obsession as well? :)

*looks left* *looks right*

hmmmm

no ... not yet I think ;)

btw ... I'm not obsessed ... I'm insane :lol:
  • mvertamverta171 Posts: 0Member
    Chris-

Sorry I didn't check in on this sooner. What are you using for ref's? I have about a billion photos I took of the original; might be able to help you here and there if you're not already married to where you're going. But it seems early enough yet?

_Mike
    mverta wrote: »
    Chris-

Sorry I didn't check in on this sooner. What are you using for ref's? I have about a billion photos I took of the original; might be able to help you here and there if you're not already married to where you're going. But it seems early enough yet?

_Mike

Hi Mike ... yes you are early enough. For now I'm using Ref Photos I found in the net, like them from modelersmagic.com or from Jedilaw. The bad thing is most of the are all them same angel so most of my work is guessing :)

So if you really want to send me your ref photos ... I'll take them all if its ok (I'm not only insane ... I'm a obsessed collector too) :D

most needed are Photos from the bottom of the falcon ... that are very rar and that what is out there has no good quality.

I have a FTP host where you can put them :)

man ... I'm sooo excited ... thank you very much :D

Chris
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    btw ... I'm not obsessed ... I'm insane :lol:

That's OK Chris, ... Shady Acres Mental Asylum has a reservation for you !! ... Mike & Wiz are already there ... They get 30 minutes a day on the Asylum Laptop, ... Otherwise you wouldn't hear from them at all ....

Jas