Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars - The Millennium Falcon

• JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    I think Fractalsponge would do bad things to me if I gave my ISD to anyone other than him to finish. ;) After all, it was his uber-mesh that inspired me to want to do one myself, and since he had already knocked the artist-interpretation ISD out of the park, all that was left was to try for greeble-for-greeble accuracy. Emphasis on try, of course.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Ansels ISD is a great piece of work, that for sure! Good enough for Lucasarts to "steel" his work ...

I always try to hold the accuracy level as high as possible on my models ... as you do. So I hope you will finish your ISD by yourself :)
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Great work on the Falcon so far - you're going to have the entire Star Wars catalog done soon!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Jedilaw, WB. Accuracy is fine; suicide is not! :lol: I liked seeing you load guns on that beasty (seriously - 18-24 months?? it hasnt been that long! Has it???)
    BTW, hows it down there in NO? the news makes it sound pretty horrible...

@Chris: Awesome^2!!!
    stonky wrote: »
    Great work on the Falcon so far - you're going to have the entire Star Wars catalog done soon!

yep! :D

@Homer:

ok ... here comes a bit more greeble stuff :D I don't have much time to make 3D models last time cuz of real life issues ... but I'm working on it every free minute :)

mf_016.jpg

mf_017.jpg

mf_018.jpg

mf_019.jpg

Hope you like it.

More soon :)

Greets

Chris :)
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Some very intimidating work! Just stunning detail...a seriously patient man you are. Bravo!! :thumb:
    again ... thanks for the comments :)

here is an update:

mf_020.jpg

mf_021.jpg

mf_022.jpg

mf_023.jpg

Hope you like it

More soon :)

Chris
    Without any slight to other SFMers who have attempted this beast, I'd say you are likely to wind up with the most accurate fan-made CG model of the Falcon, if only because you are focusing specifically on one of the two versions and not combining their details. The hybrid approach is certainly valid, but it doesn't lead to greeble-for-greeble accuracy by its very nature.
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    Without any slight to other SFMers who have attempted this beast, I'd say you are likely to wind up with the most accurate fan-made CG model of the Falcon, if only because you are focusing specifically on one of the two versions and not combining their details. The hybrid approach is certainly valid, but it doesn't lead to greeble-for-greeble accuracy by its very nature.

Thanks for the kind words. For sure I will not mix the falcons. I only have ref material from the 5feeter. Exspecially yours is very helpfull! Thank you for them.

I think I will have some more progress over the weekend :)

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Looking forward to Monday :)

What scale are you working too?
    I'm sorry ... what do you mean with scale? I'm using the 5ft Falcon as reference ...

At the end it should look like the "lifesize" Falcon.
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words. For sure I will not mix the falcons. I only have ref material from the 5feeter. Exspecially yours is very helpfull! Thank you for them.

I think I will have some more progress over the weekend :)

As always, glad to help. If you were so inclined, I think I might have some refs for the 32" ESB Falcon, not shots I took (I've never seen her in person) but images from here and there online. Personally, I prefer the details on the 5-footer, though of course the ESB version is frickin' sweet, too.

I actually started roughing out a Falcon of my own shortly after taking those reference shots, but never felt satisfied with the basic proportions.
    as far as I know ILM did some modifications on the ANH Falcon. In the "old" videos you can see that the front landing gear boxes are not there. They added them on the ESB (5ft and 32") Falcon. The ROTJ 5ft Falcon is the same as from ESB AFAIK. No modifications were made. But who knows :)

I'm doing my 5ft Falcon as good as possible so I don't need ref material for the 32" falcon. :)
    Hey Chris, I was referring to what you are modelling too, is it a 1:1 scale re: the 5 foot model :)
    Wiz wrote: »
    Hey Chris, I was referring to what you are modelling too, is it a 1:1 scale re: the 5 foot model :)

ok ok ... sometimes my english is really bad to understand it :)

here is a little update:

mf_024.jpg

the front part details of the left tunnel are done.

more soon

Chris
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    great job .... I can not wait to see his work mapping and textures
    Nell 3D wrote: »
    great job .... I can not wait to see his work mapping and textures

Here is an update. The left docking ringis done:

mf_025.jpg

mf_026.jpg

mf_027.jpg

mf_028.jpg

Hope you like it.

More soon

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Me likes and Me Wants! :p
    next Update ...

right tunnel is done. The bad thing is that I can't work on the left bottom part of the tunnel, because there is no ref material for it yet. So if someone has some more ref material, please post :)

mf_029.jpg

Working more on the top of the Falcon now. More soon :)

Chris
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Wow - great work. Another icon taking shape!
    Wow - great work. Another icon taking shape!

Danke Tobias ... ich habs leider immer noch nicht auf die Reihe gebracht Euch mal zu besuchen ... zu viel zu tun hier (will mich ja nicht beschwehren). Im Sommer wird es etwas ruhiger hier, dann komme ich mal bei euch vorbei :)

Here is a little update ... not much - not much time last week to work on the falcon. Left back Armor Plates are done ... without details ...

mf_030.jpg

more soon :)

Greets

PS: For all my US Friends ... Happy 4th July!
    hi all ... next update:

right back armor plates are done.

mf_031.jpg

More soon.

Hi all,

here comes the next update.

I've started with details

mf_032.jpg

I hope you like it.

More soon

Two iconic ships now taking great shape, yours and Derelicts :)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks fantastic I can't wait to see this finished ( No need to rush :D )
    Hi all,

thanks again for the nice comments.

Here is something new to show. I'm done with left back details.

mf_033.jpg

mf_034.jpg

Now starting with the right side.

Hope you like it. More soon.

• ctaylorctaylor0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work. There's so much rich detailing in the original, really looking forward to see how you progress with your version. Top job.
    Hi all,

after some time I'm back on this baby :)

here is a 'lil update:

mf_035.jpg

mf_036.jpg

I have started with the Engine section now ... looks like fun ;)

more soon.

and another Update ... I'm fast, HUH? ;)

mf_037.jpg

mf_038.jpg

Hope you like it.

More soon!

• madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    It'll be the best model of falcon I've ever seen !!!

Keep to post...

Bye