Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars - The Millennium Falcon

ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
edited November 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all,

there was another thread for this topic here but no posts there for a while. So I thought I start mine here :)

I was asked by a good "star Wars" friend of mine to help out in a Fan Project (its secret right now maybe I can talk about it later). He asked me for a digital copy of the 5ft falcon. I said OK and stoped my other projects and started this baby ...

mf_001.jpg

mf_002.jpg

mf_003.jpg

mf_004.jpg

mf_005.jpg

Thats what I have so far ...

... hope you like it :)

Greets

Chris :)
86209.jpg
Post edited by ChrisGFX on
Tagged:

• solariesolarie0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start I love the details you have made so far, looking forward to more pictures as you create more things.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    You should end this post with "like it, thank you :)" Why do you "hope" ? The detailed part looks mind-blowing :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The detail is jaw dropping. I cannot WAIT for the final result of this.

One thing bugs me though.... YT 1300 Frighter? is that freighter or fighter... maybe im going insane.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    ooops ... my bad ... its freighter! ;)
    will change it with next images, I promise :)

Thank you all for commenting, I really appreciate it.

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Chris, as ever the modeling is sublime, are you taking this through to a final texture pass?

Is that you in the profile pic, as you remind me of someone and it is driving me insane as to who :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    YAY!! youre BAAAACK!!!
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Awesome, more Star Wars!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more in what will be another fine addition to your growing collection. :)
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I'll be looking forward to watching this one. Excellent work so far, I love the amount of detail in it already.
    thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it.
    Wiz wrote: »
    Hey Chris, as ever the modeling is sublime, are you taking this through to a final texture pass?

Is that you in the profile pic, as you remind me of someone and it is driving me insane as to who :)

yep, thats me in the Avatar :)

and yes ... this will be textured! :D my 2nd project is still running - the Lambda Shuttle ... it will get a "clean" imperial texture first.

I hope I will have more this weekend

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    'bookmarks thread' :)
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start keep to post...

Bye
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hi Chris,

Your Falcon is going great! The level of detail you are striving for is pretty amazing. Look forward to seeing more on this project.

And, yup, that was my Falcon in the other thread. I had found this site Forbidden Plastic which had a lot of great closeup photos of the 5ft studio model. Made me realize how much my detail was off. Then I got sidetracked on the Jupiter 2. Hope to return to the Falcon at some point.

Al

BTW, your avatar picture reminds me of Burton Cummings from The Guess Who.
    Hi all ... update time :)

here is some progress ... the Falcon can shot now! ;)

mf_006.jpg

mf_007.jpg

[IMG]hhttp://www.wwseo.de/2010/mf_008.jpg[/IMG]

mf_009.jpg

mf_010.jpg

You like it! ... I hope :)

Hey Tralfaz ... I think I have every single ref pic available in the net :) but thank you for the link.

More updates coming ... :)

Greets

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That is too good now :D
    Awesome work as always Chris ! will you be doing some simple interiors for it by any chance ? Even a seat or two for the cockpit and gunner's station would work fine.
    Thanks for the kind words :)

Yes, I will do a kind of "simple" Cockpit but I'm not sure about the Gunner-Station. We will see :)

That is too good now :D
    Awesome work as always Chris ! will you be doing some simple interiors for it by any chance ? Even a seat or two for the cockpit and gunner's station would work fine.
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Ah, another yummy yummy thread :)
    This will be fun watching the baby grow ;) !!
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    Ho ****, Chris is taking his shot at the falcon, that's going to be interesting
    Thank you all for your comments, I really apprecisate it :)

here is a bit more: I have started with the Escape Pods ...

mf_011.jpg

These are very tricky ... more soon I hope :)

Hi all ...

I have finished the Escape Pod so far. Some minor details are missing but they are different to both sides :)

mf_012.jpg

More soon :)

Greets

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    oooh very nice, ChrisGFX the detail king! :)
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Good Luck with the Falcon Chris ! ... Off to a great start ! :thumb:

Jas
    Wiz wrote: »
    oooh very nice, ChrisGFX the detail king! :)

The deatis are there so I have to put them in! ;)
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Good Luck with the Falcon Chris ! ... Off to a great start ! :thumb:

Jas

Thank you!

I'm done with the right Pod / Hatch or whatever it is :)

mf_013.jpg

mf_014.jpg

mf_015.jpg

More updates soon :)

Chris
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that is some heavily detailed updates, good job :D
  • BureidoBureido0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    That...is....freaking....COOL! I love it!
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Lovely work, Chris.

Incidentally, do you already have the reference photos I took of the 5 foot model? EDIT: Here they are as hosted on 3DSciFi. Some of the links to the other pages appear to be broken, but the page for the Falcon looks like it's working fine.
    Thank you all for your positive feedback ... I really appreciate it!
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    Lovely work, Chris.

Incidentally, do you already have the reference photos I took of the 5 foot model? EDIT: Here they are as hosted on 3DSciFi. Some of the links to the other pages appear to be broken, but the page for the Falcon looks like it's working fine.

Thank you :) BTW ... welcome back!

Yes I have the images you have posted over at 3dscifi ... they are one of the best ref images all over the net. To bad that most of the other links are dead now but if you need someone to post the other maybe I can help you :)

I'm just working on the detail of that tight "tunnel". Maybe I have something to show very soon.

PS: how is your Stardestroyer coming along ... I hope you are still working in it. It was such an amazing model.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    I haven't been doing 3D for the last 18-24 months, but I'm starting to feel the itch again. If/when I do get back into modeling, the ISD will be the project, because I want to see that sucker finished.

But for the record, no, I haven't worked for four years on one model. :) Even I don't procrastinate that much. I spent the last two years working on a couple of hundred song ideas, some of which don't suck.

Good to back in the neighborhood, so to speak.
    I really hope you don't scratch when its itching ;) ... but if you don't want to go back to 3D ... let me finish that "sucker" for you :)