Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRapier-class Ship (Trek)

1789101113»

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Thanks! This has definitely been an exercise in patience. I'm hoping that I have made it over the biggest hurdles with the gear although I'm not looking forward to building the brackets and hinges for the gear doors. My goal is to make everything line up without having to re-rig the motion of the doors or change any pivot points. We shall see I s'pose.

After this I'm almost looking forward to texturing (gasp!) that mess of a hull. O_o
    Going through a rebuild again...

This time I'm tackling this more from an engineering perspective. Here's a bit I've had a chance to do.
    112413.png
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972332 Posts: 1,210Member
    Always loved this design. Always like to see full build outs. It'll be interesting to watch this progress.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Exited to see this one take shape again. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    The original idea for the framing wasn't jiving very well with what the exterior is suppose to be. I decided to build the outer hull skin and use that as a reference for the frame. Since I'm basing the bridge module on an existing design I want to make sure it's relatively accurate, but I've got a game plan now so it should be smooth(ish) sailing for a while. :)
    112464.png112465.png