Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVipers !

• MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Awsome work ;)
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Those wheels are GREAT!!!!
    I am making a model of the MKVII, and i intended to put wheels on one of the copies, so i could do a contemporary aircraft paintscheme. So the wheels make perfect sense to me.
    Good job!
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Wheels would make more sense if it was operated in an atmosphere and landing on a runway. In space, you don't have airflow over wings so you can't make a relatively smooth landing, so you need a substantial landing gear. Skids have a larger area to create friction, more so than wheels and are not subject to bursting or wear.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    andy, a battlestar landing deck is a runway...
    you dont need friction to stop a plane. it uses its inverted thrust to slow down.

here are 2 maintenance carts
    dont ask me what it could possibly be.
    i'd say one is a power generator and electric tool / spare box, and the other is something to refill hydraulics or pneumatic systems...

cart01.jpg
    cart02.jpg
    cart03.jpg
    cart04.jpg

a few others are on the way :)
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    They look great, whatever they are. ;) Planning a landing deck animation then?
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that's just brilliant ! :thumb: The texture work is extremely well done. Did you do the maps by yourself ?
    :) thanks

yep, i want a full hangar deck... i want a viper to aproach, land, go down through the elevator to the hangar deck, and go park itself on its spot.
    would be cool.

textures are easy to make. these are 1024 maps. its made to be background objects.
    basicly, its a solid (yellow paint and text markers) color with a layer mask (keyword : dirtmap) , above a grey noisy layer
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Your carts look good.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Love the carts and the attention to detail.
    Yeah. Those carts are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    I am going to use those as reference to build a few of my own!
    :) thanks guys :)

heres todays work.
    a cart tank and a few boxes

cart06.jpg
    cart07.jpg
    cart08.jpg
    cart09.jpg
    some mood

cart10.jpg
    VERY nice!
    I love the tank! What do you envision they would have in there?
    in the tank, its fuel.
    from the quantum company. (under the logo it says fuel and trylium solutions)
    and the front plate says KTM industries TANK FILLER w/ octane purifier
    L2K wrote: »
    in the tank, its fuel.
    from the quantum company. (under the logo it says fuel and trylium solutions)
    and the front plate says KTM industries TANK FILLER w/ octane purifier

Okay. Fair enough.
    I was thinking they would have fuel ports all over the deck, to connect pipes to.
    But i do like the visual.
    i started a cylon raider to play with.

raider01.jpg
    raider02.jpg
    raider03.jpg
    raider04.jpg
    raider05.jpg
  • lukanoskilukanoski0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks great. And only 8-10 hours, that is really great. I wish I had the experience to make a mesh like this in that time.
    What I would do, is try to make it a little more solid, because it is kind of wobbly. Great work anyway, and keep it up.
    Very nice raider so far... I can see where lukanoski is coming from about giving it some harder, more defined edges, but I kinda like this silky smooth look.
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work

On the tanks it looks like the yellow paint is on top of the graphics, as if you textured the tank with a base metal with the graphics and used a blend to add the yellow paint. There are 2 layers there, and you should use 3, first the base metal, the yellow paint over it and then the graphics on top.

The cylon raider looks really good. I also agree with lukanoski, but I'm sure it's just because you are just starting with it.
    the graphics are colapsed on the yellow paint layer, and i used a blending mask to mix it all with the pure metal layer.
    youre right i should have used 3 layers instead of 2, as the graphics should be painted on top of the yellow paint. i'll check that later, when i'll have time (hoping i have a spare layer of graphics :S )

i dont catch what you mean about the raider looking soft. in which parts ?
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    I think what lukanoski meant with "wobbly" is that it seams at some points that the mesh doesn't flow correctly and you get some dark areas, like shadows. It's a minor detail and I don't think it will be noticeable once you texture it. Or it might just be your render settings. You can try using a material with a high specular value and rotating the model around, if you notice that the highlight is not even is because your mesh flow is not right.
    But other than that, I think it looks great! :thumb:
    update !

its almost finished. its not 100% accurate, but for what i want to do with it, its good enough.

raider06.jpg
    raider07.jpg
    raider08.jpg
    raider09.jpg

thruster effect.
    mov h264. 350kb
    http://www.nicepixel.eu/preview/flighth264.mov
    Awww, man...
    That looks AMAZING!!!!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, it looks like the real thing ! :thumb: Nice modelling and awesome texture too.
    Very nice job indeed! Not sure about the smoke signals, though. ;)
    the smoke signals are indeed too much. i lost them.

2 new carts !
    a toolbox, and a computer diagnostic cart (snail computer system. must be real fast :) )
    about 3 or 4 more and i think it'll be good.

i also started a new pilot, but its too soon to post it.

and on a side note, i'm just back from my 1st tango class. my back hurts.

cart12.jpg
    cart13.jpg
    cart11.jpg
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I hope that you will release these props
  • astropiritastropirit0 Posts: 0Member
    beautiful!! i hope you release these and/or make a tutorial on how you made those engine fires i am looking into making a small animation and am a newbie.

Thanks!
    thanks

here's the pilot
    far from finished, but at least it looks like a pilot.
    3800 tris, and a few normal maps.
    pilot01.jpg

i already made a small tutorial about how to do engine flames like this. scroll down the tut section, its there.
    Looks very good so far! :thumb: