Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVipers !

• alfludalflud0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work L2K :thumb: I love it. That's some imagination you've got and the modeling is top notch - as usual.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    It's like Voyager's ablative armor... on a VIPER! xD Awsommmeeeeee
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i dont like the decritive nose plate
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    The Falke from Maschinen Krieger has an armored cockpit canopy(No glass, just metal), and the pilot has a VR display in his/her helmet.
    Here's a link to one of Lin.K's Falke builds. The cockpit hatch is open, showing the pilot's VR helmet.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the input folk :)

i did this.
    i think its the global idea of what i want.
    fully armored canopy, with optical instruments welded on the side, and some kind of tank periscope on top.
    but meanwhile, its still not what i want. strange feeling...

and i redid the front part

yep, its heavily inspired from macross, but i dont want all the fancy technology. i want galactica tech.
    i like the full opaque canopy you showed me, bar, but i'm against VR helmet.

well, tell me what you think
    :)

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    nice design, though it reminds me of wh40k in some aspects.
    WH40k ?

interesting. in what aspect ?
    i've never really been into warhammer, so im curious...
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    proberly in the nose mostly and what i feel is the uglyness of the ship, no insults intended just looks ugly to me.
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah thats frakking cool mate. I love the "Viper-Mod's" ..esspicially te yellow one from your showreel !!
    Hope to see some more ... and, btw., i guess i had to do some too :))
    Cheers
    :) thx

I redid the front and the canopy. less electronic-digital and more periscope-optical.

and less train bumper on front. i like train bumpers like that, but i have to admitt it doesnt fit the ship style.
    but now it cant ram into cylon raiders and rip them off :(

also, it wont have armor on the tail wing. dont really matters if they shoot the tail, we're in space. too expensive to forge to protect a so useless item.

15.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Really impressive work! nicely done! :)
    If i can offer a small crit, it's that you DON'T need all the bells and whistles of periscopes and cameras on the canopy armour.
    Just make it thick armour plate, and explain the pilot's vision by some HUD displays or screens bolted to the inside which relay SENSOR information. You don't need all the periscopes and such. The armour itself tells all the story, and the Viper runs extensive sensors anyway.
    got out all the fancy stuff on the cockpit shell. i just kept the periscope tower.

looks empty now...

I made some landing gear sliding pannels and minors adds (mostly bolts and welding strips)

what do you think, folks ?

20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Man that looks tough.... wouldn't like to go up against a squad of these guys....
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    It's like the bastard love child of a viper and a WWII tank. Awesome.
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    That looks like you took a cylon raider and intergrated it with the Viper thing has personality makes me think if that was flying @ me i would Eject and let space kill me first
  • That is just down right awesome!!! I love it!!
    :D yep, its the love child of a tank and a viper.
    but its still a pack. you can put that on any viper you want. its just some thick extra metal plates bolted on the viper hull

IG, i dont know where you find it to be a cylon raider look...

here i put bolts and screws everywhere :

24.jpg
    25.jpg
    26.jpg

i think its pretty much done.
    or maybe i forgot something ?
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    You might want to consider adding some sort of TADS to your armor package. A couple of tank periscopes probably isn't going to cut it for dogfighting where situational awareness is a top priority.

tads2.jpg
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    I see the Raider in it could be the color but basicly its the edges and style it just has that feel to me raiders always too me looked very armored and very inorganic but a viper on the other hand had elegant Curves and flowed but the Cylon had sharper edges and more Vicious curves if that makes sense
    i uved the armor.
    i'll watch that helicopter camera pod tomorrow
    for the fun of it, i just applyed the viper map to the armor pack :D
    that looks weird

27.jpg
    28.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    what tha f........... one hell of a beast great work
    Excellent!
    And it looks WAAAY better without the periscopes! That armour looks SOOO tough now!
    And don't worry about not having a visible contemporary TADS/FLIR system. The Viper would already have something that could accomplish that.
    The best thing would be for the pilot to have a HUD in their helmet which would give an indirect vision view of what was outside, despite having no glass.
  • c'est plus une vipere c'est un tank! sinon je verais bien une version peinture facon couteau suisse!

great job as always!
    :D oui, c'est l'idee ;)

a typical squadron would be constituted of 8 fastpacks, 6 armorpacks, 4 single-seat, 3 twoseater and 1 twoseater ELINT.

the armorpack contains :

extensive thick armor leaving very few vulnerable spots.
    2x 15mm guns + 15rounds each.
    48 small caliber rockets stocked between the wing shells.
    2x vectorial thrusters.
    2x brake thrusters.
    set of cameras stocked in the nose domes.
    additional hardpoints for extra weaponery (nukes :D)

here's the vigilantis paint.

29.jpg
    30.jpg
    31.jpg
    what always lacked to a viper: a short range ftl drive.

with this, they can shoot and jump.

just placing the global shape for now. i still dont know if i'm going to show the inside or not.

ftl01.jpg
    ftl02.jpg
    ftl03.jpg
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Reminds me a lot of the strap-on jump drive from Macross Plus.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    Reminds me a lot of the strap-on jump drive from Macross Plus.

That just sounds dirty. :devil:
    hehe, lol pals :)

i put the jump pack on hold and made a real landing gear.
    i never liked those kind of skis the vipers had. very unpractical to land on some flat battlestar flightdeck.
    so here are real wheels.

gear01.jpg
    gear02.jpg
    gear03.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that's really awesome ! :thumb: I can't even express how much I hated the skids - they are virtually impossible to control :lol: The wheels seem much more beliveable and practical in use. Modelling-wise they are really solid too :D