Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Specter of the Past

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    looks good
  • 3D Master3D Master171 Posts: 0Member
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    By the way, I just finished uploading another piece of the film:

YouTube - Specter v9 Pt4

This is Scene 7, the first crew briefing, in its entirety. I'm still refining the very last shot when they all get up to leave, but the rest I think is pretty close to the final form, if not finalized already.

Mostly good stuff. The asteroid belt still grates, though.

Also, Braden/Graden?'s resume seems a little minimal, in Star Trek he would also have "subspace physics" under his belt, and if he have to assume he's truly brilliant, then, as Wormholes tunnel through hyperspace in ST, he probably has degrees in a more encompassing Hyper-dimensional Physics (which would include subspace physics, fitted into a grander multi-hyperspacial model) as well.
  • tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    3D Master wrote: »
    Braden/Graden?'s

Quoth Mr. Reyf: "His name is Dr. Braiyon Garr" :-)
    3D Master wrote: »
    ...in Star Trek he would also have "subspace physics" under his belt, and if he have to assume he's truly brilliant, then, as Wormholes tunnel through hyperspace in ST, he probably has degrees in a more encompassing Hyper-dimensional Physics (which would include subspace physics, fitted into a grander multi-hyperspacial model) as well.

I figured all that would be a given, I was trying to convey the notion that this is a smart guy with knowledge beyond your everyday Starfleet officer, and that in his hands that knowledge is extremely dangerous. :)
    Some things you guys might want to check out:

YouTube - Specter v9 Pt 1 Hi Res
    YouTube - Specter v9 Pt 2 Hi Res

The first one is a higher-res copy of the first ten minutes, basically unchanged from the other Part 1. The hi-res Part 2, however, is a full ten minutes long without interruption, and has a bunch of the holes filled--and has an almost entirely revamped launch sequence; Part 2 is definitely worth checking out. I'm especially interested in what you guys think of Reyf's reaction after he signs off with Chellik (that's been changed), and of course the new launch sequence.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I love your film. Will it be available as a full-length feature upon its completion (hopefully soon)? DVD / VHS? Or perhaps on a large screen at a Film Festival?
    "What do you say we try to get him working first, and then worry about personal grooming?"
    -Ensign Harry Kim, "Message in a Bottle"

In truth I haven't even thought that far ahead...I do know it's going to be some time before this project is completed, at least one more year, so for now thinking about a more formal release is a luxury.

We'll definitely discuss that when it's done though :-)
    YouTube - Specter v9 Pt 3 Hi Res

Another high-res clip up. This one brings us up to and past the end of Clip 6, including having one missing background plate of the main bridge. Enjoy and comment :-)
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    this is awesome, cant wait for the next part.
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    OOoo!!! Please more mini-episodes! I can't wait to see what this dude's got up his sleeve. What's so critical that he'd be willing to go up against the entire Federation/Starfleet with stolen gear.
    Rest assured, I haven't forgotten about you guys :-) I'm taking a short hiatus from production to tweak the script a little (in some places the dialogue between Garr and Reyf gets to be a little TOO corny, and I don't feel like the special guest stars get enough face time). Just bear with me a little longer--the story's about to get VERY interesting!

In the meantime, have a look at the three hi-res clips I uploaded, each of which has a running text commentary available and which also has "holes" from the six mini-segments filled in, and in some cases completely new material.

Also, have a look at this and see what you think:

attachment.php?attachmentid=72974&stc=1&d=1253316807

The ISS Voyager is getting ever closer to making its appearance, and while watching "Reboot" this afternoon I started to wonder--what if the ISS Voyager had a more dramatic color scheme? I got to thinking that the colors on the primary villain, Megabyte, might look good on this ship (actually I started thinking about the metallic blue on the ship's hull, since it's described as being armored, but you can't change the hull color without affecting everything else), but I figured it was worth it to ask what you guys thought first. I think it would be a good way to differentiate it from its Starfleet counterpart, but that's just me.
    72974.JPG
    SWEET! But why would this uber-genius want to help the Terran Empire bring across a Nightmare Voyager from the other side?
    That's a good question Hellsgate :) The meaning isn't covered in dialogue but this isn't a mirror-universe vessel. "ISS" here means "Independent Star Ship." Garr says later on that he built it himself. That's one of several backstories for the ISS Voyager that I toyed with. The other two were:

-in the original script, Garr's disappearance only lasted for two years instead of five; in that version, Garr was said to have stolen a newly-constructed Intrepid-class starship and spent the two years making modifications to it to facilitate his plan; that was dropped because it would've made Garr an instant fugitive (no matter how you work it, somehow they'd know who was responsible)

-an early draft held that Garr built the ISS Voyager in secret but with someone else helping him (a friend who stepped out of Main Engineering just prior to the ship's launch from the secret shipyard). In that brief scene, Garr was to have shown satisfaction with the ship, and then immediately turned a phaser on his accomplice. That was dropped for multiple reasons--one, it portrayed Garr as too much of a stereotypical pirate rather than a mad scientist; two, it was too similar to a storyline from the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" storyline (in "Get Shredder," it's disclosed that Krang had help from an alien named Drakus when designing and building his fearsome Technodrome, but that at some point afterwards Krang stole the Technodrome and "blasted me out of Dimension X," in Drakus' words).

"Nightmare Voyager" has a nice ring to it, I may actually try to work that in somehow. (Script consultant credit, anyone?)
    O_o Ummm...Ok. "Independant Starship"? Garr's trying to resurrect a variation of The Maquis? (or I've missed something here.) Why?
    Nothing to miss yet :) No Maquis though, I can say that much at least. Garr's acting very much alone. The ship's registry isn't an integral part of the story and doesn't really carry a bigger meaning, though. (The "real world" reason I named it ISS was so that people wouldn't immediately think Janeway's Voyager had gone renegade or something).

I'm liking the "viral" version more and more though so I think I'm going to go with that version instead of the silver-hulled one I made before.
    Nothing to miss yet :) No Maquis though, I can say that much at least. Garr's acting very much alone and that his plan is something much more nefarious than resurrecting the Maquis. What's that plan, you ask? Stay tuned 8-)

The ship's registry isn't an integral part of the story and doesn't really carry a bigger meaning, though. (The "real world" reason I named it ISS was so that people wouldn't immediately think Janeway's Voyager had gone renegade or something)
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    I almost wished it was a Imperial Intrepid ship from the Mirrorverse :(
    Don't worry, the storyline to come is just about as exciting as if it were :)

By the way I officially resumed production today, right where I left off with the away team entering Garr's hidden laboratory. I'm still fixing some minor dialogue issues in later scenes but in the meantime I think it's good enough to redirect primary focus back to getting this thing actually made :-D
    I've added/embedded your last (Youtube) video clip to my website, T. I SO can't wait for the next installment!

STAR TREK: NEW WORLDS (Star Trek Fan Fiction Anthology)
    Just thought I'd offer a tease for what's coming up:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73235&stc=1&d=1254085259

Doesn't the purple ISS Voyager just look cool next to the Fitzgerald?
    73235.JPG
    Also thought y'all might enjoy seeing this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73242&stc=1&d=1254090959

"Love is timeless. So is evil." I love it! And now you know why I wanted to play the villain: I get to look really cool on the poster.

I didn't think it was going to look good but that purple-hulled ISS Voyager has definitely grown on me. I may change the shade so it's less purple and more blue, but still, this is definitely a better look for it than the standard Starfleet silver.

And a note about Kristie Aris Vensen there on the right--this poster is unique both for what it does and does not show. (Remember: with Braiyon Garr, things aren't always what they seem)
    73242.JPG
    YouTube - Specter v9 Pt 4 Hi Res

Two more minutes are up!
  • BERmaestroBERmaestro2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work, but it wil be logical that woman with rifle will go first :-) but i like it :-)
    You know what they say, 'tis a strange universe we live in :-)
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Looking really good! Are you planning english subtitles too? If so, I can do a translation to portuguese. :D
    "What do you say we get him working first, and then we can worry about personal grooming?"
    -ENS Harry Kim, "Message in a Bottle" (VOY)

Hadn't thought about subtitles :)
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Great work! i love it making me think i accauly need to make an animation lol
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I watched the segments you've uploaded to YouTube so far. This seems a very intriguing mystery. Not sure if you need other voice actors or not, but if you do let me know. I'm no great actor but I'm willing to give it a try if you need the assistance.
    Yeah, it looks cool. But I could see two ships (the Fitzgerald and an un-named Prometheus-Class,) appointed to confronting an upgraded Intrepid-Class as Starfleet Command's unclear about Garr's specific intentions toward either the Federation/The Alpha Quadrant Alliance (or whomever Garr was assigned to dealling with,) before making the decision to steal classified materiel and then go rogue.

Maybe a joint mission with Klingons, Romulans & Cardassians as a message to Garr that "You've made your own bed, Garr. You're on your own. If these guys kick your butt, -- Too bad, so sad."

If it were me writing this, I'd consider including a small contigent of Generals/Diplomatic Representatives on the Fitzgerald's bridge to prove to their respective Militaries/Governments that the Federation hasn't decided to initiate an "Act Of War" & (thereby nullifying The A.Q. Alliance / Gamma Quadrant Peaceful Exploration Treaty,) by willfully/knowingly releasing restricted/quarentined technology to "The Traitor Known As Dr. Garr".

My reasoning is that Starfleet trusted Garr too much. With psionically-gifted counselors/security personnel within arm's reach of Garr..(Vulcans, Betazoids, et al.) someone should have picked-up on Garr's anger and/or general psychological instability & filed the appropriate complaints to his handlers and/or Starfleet Medical to have Garr interviewed and/or removed from access to his project(s).

Regardless of Reyf's possible personal/professional embarrassment that a past "love triangle/rivalry" may or may not be Garr's motive for causing the Federation itself this much of a diplomatic/military toothache, I'd be scared that this mission might attract undue attention from a curious Cardassian Gul or Romulan D'Shara-Class warbird.

Then again, you may be able to explain who dropped the ball in each of these areas in the next few Youtube installments (with english subtitles, please.)
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Just one thing... glasses, really?
    haha you're not the only one to notice (and comment on) that fact. I'll elucidate :)

My main excuse for giving Garr glasses is because I wear glasses, and Garr's character is modeled after me :) (the cover comes from Star Trek II, as Kirk chats with McCoy about his allergy to Rednax-5 and therefore needing spectacles). Also, it's something meant to make Garr look unique and cast him as being slightly out of step with the "Starfleet norm."

You can get away with things like that when you're a mad scientist ya know :)