Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DJJPrise again.

• mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Beauty of a release Nightfever.
    Came into Lightwave pretty straight forward. Just a few small things to straighten out.
    Thanks again.
  • Beda of BorgBeda of Borg0 Posts: 0Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Looks better than I could do, what Max version is it in?

IA’m using Max-9, but i think it will take a while to finish her for release. not much time currently :(
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    IA’m using Max-9, but i think it will take a while to finish her for release. not much time currently :(

Awesome, I wanted to make sure, I have the right version, as I still use Max 9.

From what I can see, it's coming along nicely, no rush.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    so, this is it, what i got so far:

http://img4.immage.de/1212109jjaktuell1.jpg
    http://img3.immage.de/1212f463jjaktuell2.jpg
    http://img6.immage.de/12124bjjaktuell3.jpg

most of the textures are very basic, the nacelles for example, so i still have much to do. but i added some minor bumps at the saucer and finished the bussard-collectors.
    i think sheA’s coming alonge nicely :)
  • 3d2473d2470 Posts: 0Member
    Been thinking about this for a bit, and don't know if it's been covered here or in another topic.
    We have the JJPrise, which is supposed to be the new version of the first, 'oldest' TOS ship (that it seems like it should be a lot larger than the original is beside the point).

Based on the new TOS ship design, where would the STMP design direction go? STNG?

If I wasn't so wrapped up in what I'm working on now (look for postings soon), I'd take a crack at it...
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    3d247 wrote: »
    Been thinking about this for a bit, and don't know if it's been covered here or in another topic.
    We have the JJPrise, which is supposed to be the new version of the first, 'oldest' TOS ship (that it seems like it should be a lot larger than the original is beside the point).

Based on the new TOS ship design, where would the STMP design direction go? STNG?

If I wasn't so wrapped up in what I'm working on now (look for postings soon), I'd take a crack at it...

Someone has done a JJ-Prise Refit already....no one has done a TNG yet.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • 3d2473d2470 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Someone has done a JJ-Prise Refit already....no one has done a TNG yet.

missed it, did a google search, but haven't seen anything here. anyone have a link?
    missed it, did a google search, but haven't seen anything here. anyone have a link?

It's on Bridge Commander filefront I believe
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Based on the new TOS ship design, where would the STMP design direction go? STNG?.

Interesting question, even though I believe the new timeline is still too fresh to think about a retro-TNG. Further I think I do not want to see a JJ-fication of that beauty of a Galaxy class.
    In the 2D WIP board there is one or two great ideas of a JJ-fied Excelsior.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Baz1701_JJTmp_Pak;116861 There's a few images. Looks kind of bland, to be honest.
    gerb200 wrote: »
    http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Baz1701_JJTmp_Pak;116861 There's a few images. Looks kind of bland, to be honest.

Well yea, they are under 20,000 polys. That's how much the game can handle before taking a dump.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Star_Trek_XI_PrimeAlternate_Hybrid_Pack;106579

I've wanted to see this for a long time.

Credit To BlackRock32 for this amazing retexture of the JJprise with TOS textures.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I would be curious to see, how different 24th Century Starships would look in the JJ Universe
  • OmeronOmeron0 Posts: 0Member
    I created some good pictures with this beautiful model:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/album.php?albumid=210

Enterprise was rendered in Cinema4D.
  • watchtowerwatchtower0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work, amazing detail! I'm trying to model this myself, been at it for about a month and not got much to show for it, can't get my head around the engineering section,any chance of a tutorial?
  • sebasvideosebasvideo0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello, I just found this model and I wanted to do a composite with it, to make it look like it's flying over my city's downtown area. I'm very new to all things 3D, and the only program I know how to use is Modo, of which I have versions 601 and 701. I tried two options, to import all three OBJs into a new file, and some of the textures show more or less, but nothing anywhere as impressive as the render in the first post. Then I tried another project file and importing the three FBX files into it, and all I get is white over the whole ship. Even though in the shader tree (Modo's panel where all the textures and render items are shown) has all the textures listed, the ship shows as white in the viewport and when rendering. Any clues as to why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Sebastian
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Star_Trek_XI_PrimeAlternate_Hybrid_Pack;106579

I've wanted to see this for a long time.

Credit To BlackRock32 for this amazing retexture of the JJprise with TOS textures.

Liked that more than I thought I would. I still hate the design of the JJ Enterprise, but that TOS paint job on it makes the thing look better than the one we did get in the movie.
    sebasvideo wrote: »
    Hello, I just found this model and I wanted to do a composite with it, to make it look like it's flying over my city's downtown area. I'm very new to all things 3D, and the only program I know how to use is Modo, of which I have versions 601 and 701. I tried two options, to import all three OBJs into a new file, and some of the textures show more or less, but nothing anywhere as impressive as the render in the first post. Then I tried another project file and importing the three FBX files into it, and all I get is white over the whole ship. Even though in the shader tree (Modo's panel where all the textures and render items are shown) has all the textures listed, the ship shows as white in the viewport and when rendering. Any clues as to why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Sorry man, there is Modo trial for download at the moment. As soon as it is, I'll check it out.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    The LW port I did loads into Modo without too much issue. It'll need some resurfacing to make use of the different surfacing options in Modo (I also did one which uses nodalised surfaces in LW extensively).
  • nromicknromick0 Posts: 0Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    You're welcome.
    Btw. the FBX and texture archives are on this server now, too:
    FBX.rar
    TEXTURES.rar

I'm having issues opening the .rar files in both Windows and Mac... Any idea why?
    nromick wrote: »
    I'm having issues opening the .rar files in both Windows and Mac... Any idea why?

I haven't updated the files, they are still the first ones.
    Do you you get an error message? Did you download them again? Most unzip bugs are due to download errors.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hi,

I downloaded the FBX files and two of them crash my C4D r11. Any chance of getting the original C4D files?

Thanks...
    Al
    So after i donA’t know how much time, i finished the conversin into MAX 9! :D
    Here are some Pics :)
    Credits will be included for sure :D

1_zps42254af0.jpg

2_zpse88f14e2.jpeg

3_zps285e36bf.jpg

4_zps9d1430a5.jpg

5_zps571c2e0b.jpg

6_zps44d4002d.jpg

7_zps75445bce.jpg

8_zps22415f6f.jpg

Permission to set her online for download? :D

German:
    So, nach einer endlosen Zeit hab ich es endlich (!) geschafft sie mehr oder minder fertig zu stellen! Einige Bereiche sind noch verbesserungswA?rdig, aber ich bin sehr zufrieden damit! :)
    Darf ich das so online stellen? Freilich mit nem vermerk auf den natA?rlichen erbauer :))
    101303.jpg101304.jpeg101305.jpg101306.jpg101307.jpg101308.jpg101309.jpg101310.jpg
    /PUSH

Permission to set her online for download???
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Awesome, I kinda slacked on my attempt, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    /PUSH

Of course. Good work!!
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    I should probably finish the light rig for the LW one.
    nightfever wrote: »
    Most unzip bugs are due to download errors.

Yep. That was it... I downloaded it a few times, but on the third attempt, all worked perfectly. Thanks!!
    /PUSH

I would love to see this, too! DL link? :)