Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DJJPrise again.

• PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Looking cool. If you need orthographic renders, these appear to be pretty accurate. Hope this helps.

Star Trek LCARS Blueprint Database - Star Trek Blueprints: Star Trek New Enterprise Color Schematics
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Hi everyone,
    just wanted to tell that this project ist still alive an on going.
    I suffered some setbacks because of the highly organic shape of the engineering section. I restarted this section 3 times and now I feel happy enough with the result.
    Having the DVD out, I will detail it now.
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    awsome :D
    Nightfever, if you look over the schematics I posted above, they may be helpful for modeling. I too am trying to model this ship, but you are doing better than I am. Would you mind posting wireframes of your secondary hull before and after smoothing? I am trying to figure out the polygon flow.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Here is a site a a lot of HD-screen-caps of the film. Should be helpful with the detailing :)

Ariane's Star Trek Gallery | Reboot
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Nice! Looking forward for more.:D
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    @PixelMagic: Yeah thanks, Im keep with those orthos and those from TheLightWorks.

@ST-One, thanky for the link. The screencaps make it easier.

Thanks Rekkert and MarkyD.

Now, wires...
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Go get the BluRay Special Edition! It has an excellent pan around the ship where you can see tons of detail. Not sure if I adapt my version, as there are really a lot of tiny details that IA’d love to add or correct.
    nightfever wrote: »
    @PixelMagic: Yeah thanks, Im keep with those orthos and those from TheLightWorks.

No offense to Tobias, but I would not use TheLightWorks model as reference. His is pretty close but not perfect in dimensions or detail compared to the ILM model. I'm not saying anything about his skill, because he modeled his based a side view and a view of the toy originally. It's amazing that he got as close as he did!

Those schematics are based off a side blueprint from Bad Robot, and are therefore closer to accurate. I'd say they are 90% correct. Use them for major proportions, and then reference the movie to check your work, and you'll have quite a good looking ship.

Perhaps I will post my WIP soon, but that secondary hull is really giving me a headache. You and Tobias have me beat in that regard. Thank you very much for the wireframes!
    nightfever, looking at those wireframe-shots of your model I noticed that the area around the shuttle-bay isn't quite correct.
    The lower edge of the fantail should be much sharper (not as rounded as you modelled it) and it should lead directly into the edge of the pylons...

But having said that, I know that my wireframes would never look as clean as yours do if I were bold enough to try and model that ship myself.
    You are doing a very good job :)
    St-One, I just realized you followed me here from Trekbbs. Don't bring up the mesh error on ILM's model or they will crucify you! :D:p
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    St-One, I just realized you followed me here from Trekbbs. Don't bring up the mesh error on ILM's model or they will crucify you! :D:p

Oh, I didn't follow you 'I was always here' ;)

But now that you mentioned the error anyway... :D :D :devil:
    ST-One, you are right about the transition of the shuttle bay tail and the pylon.
    I wasn't sure if the print of cygnus-x1 was correct about that untill the DVD came out. I have to rework that over the weekend.

Thanks Tobias for the hint on the Bluray. Bought it yesterday, but didn't take a look into it yet.
    ...I wasn't sure if the print of cygnus-x1 was correct...

Nightfever, I can tell you that the Cygnus ones are pretty damn accurate. 100%? No. However, they are based off official blueprints from Bad Robot, and I'd say they are at least 90-95% accurate. Especially in proportions. They are about 100% dead on.

The bridge module is slightly inaccurate in size.

Here is a link to the official Bad Robot blueprint...

Rc4vU.jpg

If you line up the Cygnus side view, you will see that his are based off the official one, because they line up perfectly in photohop.
    Okay, that's clear. I think I'm on the right way thanks to your help.
    That's looking fantastic around the shuttlebay. The neck however, is inaccurate.

new-enterprise-production-05.jpg
    Okay, that's clear. I think I'm on the right way thanks to your help.

Yes, this looks much better.
    I've started with building the shuttlebay.
    Hey, when you finish the secondary hull, you want to just give me yours so I don't have to model it? :p
    nightfever, can you post wireframes of the fins at the back of your nacelles, before smoothing? I have tried 6 times to model them, and I just can't do it.
    Here you go, hope they help.
    For my part, I will rebuild them completely, because they came out too small and the mesh flow isn't quite good.
    Rebuild:
    Thanks nightfever, I think that will be helpful. Could I see the back side wireframe of your rebuild?
    It is just the same pattern as on the front. But I can post a wire, of course, But you have to wait some hours.
    I'll try to figure it out. I'll be trying to model these for the 7th time tonight. :p I think I was just overthinking it.
    I show you how I did it. It' s not as complicated, just extruding polys an pushing points:
    Sorry for the lack of updates.
    Did a lot of things, I think it's comming up nicely, see yourself:
    This looks very nice. :)
    Update with more details.
    Modeling of the saucer and the nacelles have been done.
    Engineering section nearly done, just the windows, the hatches (I think it's one each side) and some smaller details.