Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise NCC1701 Deck by Deck..

• Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    good stuff as usual :)
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • wibblewibble1257 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 563Member
    Amazing work with the red shirt. For how long will she survive?
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Ah, the most important part of the ship!

(and it's the uncanny valley, btw).
  • Havoc92Havoc920 Posts: 0Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    I think we're in the creep valley.
    I didn't think you were doing people Havoc.

Wasn't going to; but, had an idea for a while and can't do it unless I can do people; so...
    Okay, more toys. Been a while; but, ...

progress_121414_00_zps8ba9ae46.jpg
    progress_121414_01_zps0f8c880c.jpg
    progress_121414_02_zps8f80df5d.jpg
    progress_121414_03_zps7b6d8eef.jpg
    progress_121414_04_zpsa123c2a9.jpg
    progress_121414_05_zps1c6f7df4.jpg
    progress_121414_06_zps8dc5ab1a.jpg
    progress_121414_07_zps9f9aad91.jpg
    progress_121414_08_zpscccc3c7a.jpg

..The Torpedo room is coming along nicely. Still have to build storage racks and some props for managing
    the torpedos. The rig for the telescope is obviously in process of being built. I cleared most of the models in
    scene as max was beginning to bog down rather badly. May have to reimport the models when the final work is
    finished on Deck 3. But that should be in a matter of days at this point. Been working pretty solidly for the last
    two weeks designing, cleaning, doing touchups, etc. More to come.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    That's really cool. Since we never saw the torpedo room, you had a nice bit of creative freedom with it. I like how you blended Enterprise-era, TOS-era and TMP-era ideas into one nice looking design. :)
    That's really cool. Since we never saw the torpedo room, you had a nice bit of creative freedom with it. I like how you blended Enterprise-era, TOS-era and TMP-era ideas into one nice looking design. :)

That really was the most difficult part of it - it never was seen. Thank you, btw. So, yeah it gave me some real freedom
    to work. But it also meant designing working machines that function both under automation and without automation while
    still retaining the feel of the tech of the show as well as the artistic theme. That's a very long description of a headache. lol.
  • Ronson2kRonson2k0 Posts: 0Member
    There is the Phaser Control room in 'Balance of Terror' while not torpedos I'm thinking the control structure would be quite similar.
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phaser_control_room
    Ronson2k wrote: »
    There is the Phaser Control room in 'Balance of Terror' while not torpedos I'm thinking the control structure would be quite similar.
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phaser_control_room

Yep. And I've already built the fire control consol from down there ;)
    progress_121514_00_zps50c57c60.jpg
    progress_121514_01_zps705e7ef0.jpg
    progress_121514_02_zpse34c56f4.jpg

Still working on building the rest of the framing for the Telescope. Thinking I need to add a large screen
    back there as well; but, that should be relatively simple.

The last image is a look at the rack design I'm working on for the torpedos. Don't know if I like it just yet;
    but the gears are moving.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Once again, I am in awe of your dedication and madness for taking this on.

I'm not sure about the torpedo rack, either. The elements between the torpedoes seem too high... if you're just looking for a place to shelve torpedoes where they're accessible to the loaders, do they really need that much separation?
    How the heck did I miss that update?

I think the rack is supposed to be automated. The telescope is looking great.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    I think the rack is supposed to be automated.

Giggity. :p

This is a really cool project. Interesting that you've gone for physical torpedoes, though understandable of course.
    Jenny wrote: »
    Once again, I am in awe of your dedication and madness for taking this on.

I'm not sure about the torpedo rack, either. The elements between the torpedoes seem too high... if you're just looking for a place to shelve torpedoes where they're accessible to the loaders, do they really need that much separation?

My thinking is that the center post sticking out which holds the up/down braces will pivot on axis and hinge
    at the wall joint so that it can fold away when not in use in the latter case and in the former case it can be
    used to maintain grip on the torpedo below even after the one above has been pulled for use. Really want
    something that doesn't just store them; but, which fastens them in place so they don't go flying in case of
    turbulance, an incursion, etc. It's a start; but, still not real happy with them yet. The hieght derives from
    wanting a spring release handle on the front so that the clamp moves in toward the center pivot on release.
    Probably easier to illustrate than say.
    How the heck did I miss that update?

I think the rack is supposed to be automated. The telescope is looking great.

Thank you!
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Giggity. :p

This is a really cool project. Interesting that you've gone for physical torpedoes, though understandable of course.

Yeah, had that discussion over on trekbbs after posting. It just makes more science sense and practical sense to me. The
    casings can be used for multiple purposes such as geo probes, atmospheric probes, etc. And though the photorp is said to
    be a pure energy weapon, that really doesn't square with something that has sensor/nav capability and should need IFF so
    we don't blow up our friends, etc. And whatever the use, you gotta have a power source. Trek is more reality based; so, we
    don't get all that stuff from faeries and reindeer. ;)
    Damn. Now I wish I hadn't ordered that Reindeer. :p

The physical weapons do make more practical sense. I'd take the energy version to be the equivalent of Klingon disruptors, maybe with a tad more power and focus but they would definitely be a point and shoot in a straight line thing.
    progress_122114_00_zps915491e6.jpg
    progress_122114_01_zps8016d582.jpg
    progress_122114_02_zpsfac211f8.jpg

Here's the rework on the clamps in progress. Still not quite there; but, getting there finally.
    progress_122214_00_zps3341c92d.jpg
    progress_122214_01_zps169513e2.jpg
    progress_122214_02_zpsad5eba50.jpg
    progress_122214_03_zps8af4286a.jpg

Starting to look like a torpedo room.
    It looks good. :)
    At the minute it looks like they have to be loaded manually. Is there going to be an automated system?
    At the minute it looks like they have to be loaded manually. Is there going to be an automated system?

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm working on designs for now.
    At the minute it looks like they have to be loaded manually.

I guess that explains why it always takes so long for your torpedoes to "recharge" between shots in games. :lol:
    progress_082415_01_zps5uxo6ojl.jpg
    progress_082415_02_zpsuoebk9bf.jpg

Finished the supports for the telescope mounts and the maintenance
    gangway.
    Great stuff. :thumb:
    Just to let you guys know, I've been waiting patiently for contract talks to end. Now that they are past, I've upgraded to max 2016; so, as soon as I can get it installed.. the possibilities are endless.
  • RaftermanRafterman331 Posts: 0Member
    Crazy. But So effin Awesome.
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy Cow!!! I can only imagine the poly count on this project.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Havoc I think this is turning into your Five year mission. (more or less)
    Great stuff.
    Saquist wrote: »
    Havoc I think this is turning into your Five year mission. (more or less)
    Great stuff.

Thank you, sir. As always, a lot going on; but, Max2016 is installed and I'm back doing mountains of fixes
    due to the update. Thought I was going to bypass that with some earlier prelim work; but, nope. Loving
    2016 btw.

Doing research on downtime at work to get the next batch of props together. Starting on Deck 4.