Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dmy own battlestar

• Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    nice ship.

i dont know if i missed it or if it was not mentioned but what 3d program are you using?

how big is the sip ie dimensions?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    BolianAdmiral: thank you!

black campbell: thank you!

Puddle_Jumper: thank you! i'm using 3ds max 2008 x64
    the dimension ship are:
    length: 1414 meters
    width: 555 meters
    height: 177 meters

little update:
    testtxtnew2ek8.jpg
    i have changed paneled texture for simple textures, i think it's better.

i have done big optimisations on the lower part.

and here a little drawing of the battlestar Phobos, i will model it in 3ds for my short film project:
    bs75xg6.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I think you overdid the bloom in the render but it does look good anyway. Nice drawing too :thumb: Can't wait to see more !
    wow shes a big ship

now that's the battlestar galactica class right
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    Nice to see updates on your Galactica model, it should be more than amazing when finished. And I like the concept of the Phobos, maybe by the size of the engines it may get to be a quick ship, with maybe enough armaments to strike fast and hard. Looking forward to see it modelled too :thumb:.
    thank you all! you're right somacruz, i've set the glow at the lower level size, reduce the intensity and i had an exposure control to have a very bright part and a darker part to have more contrast:

testxffqc6.jpg

for the phobos, i think i will start it in june, it will be smaller than a battlestar but as chiletrek said, it will be a quick ship, for speed assaults.
    Hello:
    Wow, if you are going to start the Phobos in june, well that sure gives you plenty of time for you to work on your Galactica model and maybe other things and ideas you may come up too.
    Keep it up!, maybe someday you'll also want to make your own Battlestar Pegasus too :D.
    hey!

thank you Chiletrek! The pegasus is also on my projects:D
    with some other bsg ships of course!

today, no updates on the galactica, just a speed start on the colonial movers:
    colonialmoverstest01fr3.jpg

colonialmoverstest2xz3.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work
    Yup looks like you're off to a great start. Can't wait to see if you can make the fleet as big as Ice-Dragon's :D
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Awesome!
    I would like to learn a bit from you. :D Could you post some wires, please? IA’m curious: did you started de head as a box and refined it until she got the actual shape, or started with spline cage? IA’m assuming that ribs and plates are separated objects, IA’m right?
    In advance, thanks !
    Hello:
    So you started making a rag-tag fleet of ships?.:eek!:
    That will look awesome, maybe too awesome because if I were a Cylon Raider I may get nagged because I wouldn't like to destroy that Movers ship.
    :shiner: <-- Chiletrek nagged back in the Basestar.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Holy God... if your Galactica looks this perfect... man... I can't wait to see the other ships... I'd love to see your version of the Pan-Galactic/Olympic Carrier, if you ever do that one.
    Thank you all!

so today lots of updates!

starship: explanation of my modeling method:

so starship said, i use box and refine it with edges and verticles:

for example, the lower part
    step 1: making the global form in low poly:
    firststepux1.jpg
    step 2: symmetry
    2ndsteprf8.jpg
    step 3: adding meshsmooth:
    3rdstepam7.jpg
    step 4: converting meshsmooth to edit poly and doing optimisation:
    step4qw3.jpg
    finaly the wire of this part:
    wirexh7.jpg
    and the entire galactica in wireframe:
    fullwireaf6.jpg

today i also decided to reveal the story of my battlestar animation:
    sorry for my very,very,very bad english!

"Episode 1:

Gemeni, 40th anniversary of the armistice between the cylons and the humans:

Repair station site of gemenon:

Fourty years without war, fourty years without any news of the cylons. A memorable Day on the repair station of geminon, the sun shines all over the station, reflects on the huge battlestars in reparation.
    We can listen the colonial music coming farther to our ears, we can see the battlestar Phobos being repaired like the battlestar Zeus,Orion and also the colosseus and the aurora. A raptor is approaching the battlestar phobos, it fly through the station, we can listen the colonial music better. In the cockpit, we can notice that the music comes from the radio, Suddenly, the music stops, the radio seems to be out, now a new sound can be heard, a chaotic music, the sound stops, suddenly the pilot says "cylon contact!" we can heard a missile alert, the raptor is destroyed just before entering the battlestar Phobos.
    Now lots of old cylon raiders appears over the station, some old basestars farther, the old basestars launch missiles over the battlestars and the station. The vipers take fly,they concentrate their fire on the cylon raiders.
    The station's cannons lock the old basestars and destroy them. the vipers kill the lasts old cylon raiders. Suddenly, new generation basestars appears with few waves of new cylon raiders. The vipers are overwelmed by the cylon
    raiders, their numbers fall down, the battlestars are removing their ties with the station, some civilians ships are destroyed by the basestars. the battlestars call all the vipers back. the basestars lauch missiles again, the battlestar phobos jumps just in time with a colonial movers, a mining ship and three olympic carriers class, the battlestar colloseus is destroyed, the basestars fire again, The aurora jumps with the Orion and 2 freighters, a botanical cruiser and a colonial one class, the battlestar zeus is destroyed just before jumping, the station is fully destroyed by the basestars.

Now the survival ships are reunited, all the battlestars are very damaged...Another fleet survives.....
    To Be Continued..."

so the list of the ship i will model for this:

battlestar colosseus,Aurora (galactica class) 50% done
    battlestar Phobos (custom!) 5% done (all turrets, cannons, grids and nurnies form from the galactica)
    battlestar zeus, Orion (pegasus class) 5% done (same)
    colonial movers: 25% done
    olympic carrier class 0% done
    freighter: 0% done
    colonial one class: 0% done
    botanical cruiser: 0% done
    viper: 0% done (old mesh very very bad)
    raptor: 0% done
    cylon raider: 15% done!
    old cylon raider: 0% done!!
    old cylon basestar: 0% done!!!
    cylon basestar: 0% done!!!!!
    and of course, the repair station of gemenon: 1% done (like the phobos)

i'm crazy! no? :fishslap:
    But it will be very instructive for me and maybe for others!:p
    I think i will kill my computer with my project!

so now a little update on the colonial movers:
    colonialmoverstest4ns1.jpg
    :p
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Your Battlestar is looking great as is the start of your colonial movers model:thumb:
    it's good to see I'm not the only one that will be making a large part of the rag tag fleet:D
    if you need any ref's for some of the ships let me know
    very interesting i have to say.:cool: i look forward to seeing the video :thumb::cool:
    hope your computer makes it thought it

got an question being an lot of BSG people are coming here do anyone know where i can find or who has a Galacitica class Battlestar? ie one that is fairly accurate

thanks
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    I cannot believe the detail on that Colonial Movers engine assembly... just insane.

I'm happy to see the Olympic Carrier is on your list. :) I love that ship design.

Eagerly awaiting the next update!
    thank you all!
    BolianAdmiral: it will be very nice to model the olympic carrier!;)

Puddle jumper: i understand what do you want but sorry i haven't got the answer.

Ice dragon: thank you, maybe when i would start others ship i would need some of your refs!;)

colonialmoverswip1xs6.jpg

colonialmoverswip3jg4.jpg

colonialmoverswip2bu9.jpg

edit: little bug with imageshack, it's better when the link is wright
    !

comments and critics are welcome as always!;)
    Just continue :D This is really getting interesting ! :thumb:
    ok that is no prob on the one ship thing, i am going to post an tread and see if i get any hits
    Hello!

thanks

today, little update on galactica's materials:

testtx5fmd1.jpg

testtxt6zs5.jpg

testtxt8oz6.jpg

testtxt7fx7.jpg

testtxt9es0.jpg
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Well done...
    Man, it looks really amazing ! You don't make the wait for new updates easy ! :mad:
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    This is an amazing looking batter your making:thumb:

What is the poly count up to now?
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    nilianth wrote: »
    ...starship: explanation of my modeling method:

so starship said, i use box and refine it with edges and verticles:

today i also decided to reveal the story of my battlestar animation:
    sorry for my ver
    sorry for my very,very,very bad english!

"Episode 1:

G"Episode 1:

Gemeni, 40th anniversary of the armistice between the cylons and the humans:

Repair station site of gemenon:

Fourty years without war, fourty years without any news of the cylons. A memorable Day on the repair station of geminon, the sun shines all over the station, reflects on the huge battlestars in reparation.
    We can listen the colonial music coming farther to our ears, we can see the battlestar Phobos being repaired like the battlestar Zeus,Orion and also the colosseus and the aurora. A raptor is approaching the battlestar phobos, it fly through the station, we can listen the colonial music better. In the cockpit, we can notice that the music comes from the radio, Suddenly, the music stops, the radio seems to be out, now a new sound can be heard, a chaotic music, the sound stops, suddenly the pilot says "cylon contact!" we can heard a missile alert, the raptor is destroyed just before entering the battlestar Phobos.
    Now lots of old cylon raiders appears over the station, some old basestars farther, the old basestars launch missiles over the battlestars and the station. The vipers take fly,they concentrate their fire on the cylon raiders.
    The station's cannons lock the old basestars and destroy them. the vipers kill the lasts old cylon raiders. Suddenly, new generation basestars appears with few waves of new cylon raiders. The vipers are overwelmed by the cylon
    raiders, their numbers fall down, the battlestars are removing their ties with the station, some civilians ships are destroyed by the basestars. the battlestars call all the vipers back. the basestars lauch missiles again, the battlestar phobos jumps just in time with a colonial movers, a mining ship and three olympic carriers class, the battlestar colloseus is destroyed, the basestars fire again, The aurora jumps with the Orion and 2 freighters, a botanical cruiser and a colonial one class, the battlestar zeus is destroyed just before jumping, the station is fully destroyed by the basestars.

Now the survival ships are reunited, all the battlestars are very damaged...Another fleet survives.....
    To Be Continued..."

so the list of the ship i will model for this:

battlestar colosseus,Aurora (galactica class) 50% done
    battlestar Phobos (custom!) 5% done (all turrets, cannons, grids and nurnies form from the galactica)
    battlestar zeus, Orion (pegasus class) 5% done (same)
    colonial movers: 25% done
    olympic carrier class 0% done
    freighter: 0% done
    colonial one class: 0% done
    botanical cruiser: 0% done
    viper: 0% done (old mesh very very bad)
    raptor: 0% done
    cylon raider: 15% done!
    old cylon raider: 0% done!!
    old cylon basestar: 0% done!!!
    cylon basestar: 0% done!!!!!
    and of course, the repair station of gemenon: 1% done (like the phobos)

i'm crazy! no? :fishslap:
    But it will be very instructive for me and maybe for others!:p
    I think i will kill my computer with my project!
    Thank you for explaining how you built the hull. :)

About your project and the background history, looks pretty cool. IA’ll be watching this wip with interest. ;)

The textures looks dammed cool my friend!
    thank you all! that's very encouraging!
    it looks really amazing ! You don't make the wait for new updates easy ! :mad:
    :D

now the polycount is 800 472 poly

testtxt10ad1.jpg

testtxt11ug8.jpg

testtxt12rr1.jpg

test12ez1.jpg
    Hello:
    Wow, you really have the talent to make someone to drool, I just need to stop doing that before I need a new keyboard:lol:.
    The Colonial Seal looks very good and very clean, and it is very nice to see the ship's name there too.
    Keep up the amazing job!:thumb:.
    Yeah you have what most people with powerful PCs lack - the talent :D I can't even do anything remotely good as you because my machine gets hickups at 1/3rd of the polys :lol:
    That makes looking at your model even more pleasurable :thumb:
  • shame urself dude XD u understand what i meant... XD
    and add the latest pic that we talked... its better from all of them
  • Thank you all!
    shame urself dude XD u understand what i meant... XD
    and add the latest pic that we talked... its better from all of them
    :D :runs: :D

yep i understand!:D

so return to mental ray, with advices from sislisokak:

testf2xa9.jpg

testcopieot7.jpg

testcopiepm2.jpg

and again, thank you for your advices sislisokak!:thumb:;)