Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• ecritterecritter0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers Guys !! .... Sorry for the lack of updates, .. been a tad busy with RL .... but something for the weekend, .. A few renders showing the top detail and got the Gunner Turret done, .... Just need to have the Storm Bolter attached to it, ... Which will be seen with the Gunner probably for the next update ....

Jas

40klandraiderwip010.th.jpg
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Do you want your hatch not being seated properly like that? The kit only looks like that because of shoddy build quality and lack of proper preparation by the kit builder.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    The lighting setup on the inserts looks awesome.
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman, The images you post are they put together in photoshop?
    I have always liked the way you portray the images.
    @ DCB:

Not sure what you mean ? .... I have quite alot of REFS for the Land Raider, not just one source, .... The Hatches are accurate to how they appear on the Kit (from many sources), .. so you can rule out lack of preparation by just one individual kit builder, .... Can you be more specific with the problem you see ?

@ Armondikov:

Cheers mate ! ... Glad you like them ...

@ Knight-Templar:

Thanks Simon ! .... Yep, all my WIP pics are put together in Photoshop ...

Jas
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats pretty fraking awesome
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean ?
    Sorry, my bad. It seems I was mistaken if this picture is anything to go by. Looks like the hatch is indeed purposely set proud of the hull.
    67853.jpg
    @ StarSlayer:

Thanks Mate !

@ DCB:

Ahh, glad that was cleared up, ... Wasn't sure what you were talking about at first, ...Yeah the Gunner turret does have clearance at the base along with that detail, which is also on mine, you just can't see it at the angles seen so far, .. Though that particular Ref is a different turret base, but the underside detail is similar for the one on the Prometheus ...

Jas
    Some work being done to the Gunner, .... I've hidden his Arms until he's rigged which will show him using the Storm Bolter, ... Also Improved the Helmet some more, ...

Jas

*EDIT* Re-Posted Image (couple of adjustments done)

Pq1qrS5J.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing progress as usual mate.

I never stopped wondering how a marine can actually get out or in of that hatch without Stipping off some armour and then dislocating both both shoulders... it's been that way since the very first Rhino.
    You do get two options, one where the marine's head is just poking out, obviously from inside. The other has quite a bit of their body out so looks like you get in the turret from the outside... If I was being really fanboyish, I'd say that marines were created in the 31st millenium to be 7-8ft tall while all the tanks are STC patterns from the Dark Age of Technology where they didn't have genetic superhumans that size, so of course the marine's can't really fit in. Maybe they're just more flexible than they look?

And of course, totally awesome progress, Binkerman.
    @ Meph:

Cheers Mate ! Yeah there's no way a Marine can get in or out through the Hatch without first removing those Shoulder Pads, ... I'm sure alot of people have thought the same thing, but that's the way Forgeworld / GW designed it, ....

I just assume the Gunner with full armour, would climb in from the top to man the Storm Bolter, and would imagine there's some quick release system for the Shoulder Pads that he activates if things Start getting a tad hectic, so he can drop down inside to secure the Hatch ....

@ Armondikov:

Thanks mate !, .. Ive seen Refs where there's a Marine without his Helmet & Shoulder Pads sticking his head out the Hatch, .... with other Refs showing No Helmet but wearing shoulder Pads manning the Storm Bolter, then there's the Techmarine in full armour, which I liked the best, ... so went with that ...

Jas
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome work there m8!
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    and would imagine there's some quick release system for the Shoulder Pads that he activates if things Start getting a tad hectic, so he can drop down inside to secure the Hatch ....
    No, he just stays out and keep fighting until he dies for the emperor
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    Wonderful work, Jas... the Techmarine looks great!!!
    The other interesting thing about the hatches, aside from their comical size, is what they are (or aren't) connected to on the inside of the hull. There isn't even enough room in a Land Raider for 5 Terminators with nothing on the inside. There would be even less space if the internals approached anything like a real world IFV/APC or tank.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Dr. Jones wrote: »

Very close, but more likely he gets out and keeps fighting until all the impure tainted or slightly different are dead, then may choose to wince at his wounds before continuing the good fight. Heh heh. Guess it depends which anecdote you are reading. Two space wolves beating ten thousand guard for example. Heh....

Techmarine model looks awesome!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Jas, you truely are the master of your craft. Way back when I saw your AT-AT for the first time I remember saying to myself. "Good Lord".

I dont know how you do it....but you do it so well.

Travis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Oh it is good very good!
    DCB wrote: »
    The other interesting thing about the hatches, aside from their comical size, is what they are (or aren't) connected to on the inside of the hull. There isn't even enough room in a Land Raider for 5 Terminators with nothing on the inside. There would be even less space if the internals approached anything like a real world IFV/APC or tank.

*ahem* The vehicles are certainly on a different scale to the people. If they were "true" scale, then the Rhino would be the size of a Land Raider. The Raider and Baneblade, for example, are supposed to be the size of houses or something.

EDIT: Similarly, the Epic titans are also on a different scale to the other vehicles (according to a firend who used to work at GW, of course), the Emperor Titan model should be an inch or two taller to match the fluff.
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    Well, it is very well known that gw failed their "all models to exactly the same scale" exam spectacularly. not that i hate it, but they could have done better. on that vein, i just realised - i don't have the MkI space marine vehicles, but hasn't anyone noticed that they changed the size altogether? and still didn't get the scale right?
    Hmmm. I do remember seeing a photo somewhere of a MK1 Land Raider sitting next to the new model. The new model is not as tall, about half an inch, but it's a little bit wider and longer, both around a half inch also I think.

Yeah, not that it ever really bothered me that the bodies don't fit in the vehicles as small mini's are always a bit abstractly scaled. But from time to time it does make me frown. In some artwork and DOW cutscenes the proportions are more realistic and that's always a whole other look & feel altogether, not necessary a better thing. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

@Bikerman: Just out of sheer curiosity, would you feel like doing a little experiment and scale up the land raider untill a marine can actually squeeze through the hatches and doors. Most likely the Land raider will be a good deal bigger but it might me interesting to see how that looks, no? :D

Edit, found one!

LandRaiderOldandNewSchool.jpg
    Thanks for the feedback guys !!, .. Been a bit hectic with RL lately, ... so progress is moving a tad slow atm .... but here's an update with more done to the Techmarine ....

@ Captain Shrike:

Thanks !
    Dr. Jones wrote: »

@ Dr Jones:

Depends what's outside, .... If it's a Bloodthirster, .. I'd say, .. Bugger the Emperor :D ...

@ alpha_omega:

Cheers mate !

@ DCB:

I think GW & FW use 'Tardis Technology' to what can fit inside their vehicles, ....
    Dannage wrote: »
    but more likely he gets out and keeps fighting until all the impure tainted or slightly different are dead

@ Dannage:

Yep, That Includes Traffic Wardens ....

@ Road Warrior:

Thanks for the kind words Travis, that's a nice compliment ... Cheers !!

@Balu99:

Thanks !

@ Meph:

Don't know who 'Bikerman' is ? :D ....

Thanks Everyone :thumb: !!

Jas

PqkSX0.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    This is a great piece of work, finally I've found a W40K master :)
    LOL, my bad :D
    Stop cheating by just taking photos of the actual minatures!
  • Enigma XEnigma X331 Posts: 0Member
    hahaha, MAN i ain't getting anywhere with my dreadnought...

Keep these coming, they give me a reason to actually get off my lazy arse and keep at it.
  • AnalyzerAnalyzer0 Posts: 0Member
    This is awsome stuff you did here! Great job m8!
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    This is really coming out great Jas!