Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work! The klingon is looking great :)
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Yeah it is...WoooHoo it looks great!
  • PheonPheon0 Posts: 0Member
    Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm working on texturing the Trip body right now. So far so good, so hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by tomorrow.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks people :) Before Pheon brings us some renders of Trip's textures, here's a bit of more Klingon ! Not much but I'm working on a lot of other stuff and beginnings are always hard (you know ...)

th_klingonbop1.jpg
    More Klingon :D

th_klingonbop2.jpg
  • seanrseanr1139 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    That bridge set is impressive. Even when I was doing my sets back in the day, I was way too lazy to make all those damned buttons. ;-)
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    As i think you've stated that you are going for the more animated clone wars style of look does that mean that you will be hand painting textures like they did for that style as they have done in many other movies or are you going to find a way to sort of convert real photos into that cartoon stlye??
    seanr wrote: »
    That bridge set is impressive. Even when I was doing my sets back in the day, I was way too lazy to make all those damned buttons. ;-)

Haha I know the feeling :D At first Pheon wanted them textured but once we moved to clone wars style I decided to model panels individually with buttons. It takes some time but I do them in a separate file and then place them in the bridge. That way it will be easy to do new bridges that share similar details (Federation ships , Klingon ships etc) and variations of them.
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    As i think you've stated that you are going for the more animated clone wars style of look does that mean that you will be hand painting textures like they did for that style as they have done in many other movies or are you going to find a way to sort of convert real photos into that cartoon stlye??

I will draw all of the textures for the ships and make them a bit more cartoony (to get that clone wars feeling) - contrast will be surely pumped up a bit as well as saturation of colors.
    Since we're talking about textures, I figure it's about time I posted an update on my progress.

I don't have much experience with textures, so I've being experimenting quite a bit to see how I should fit the UVW map together. Suffice to say, it's being a labourous process and unfortunately, it's still far from done.
    83172.gif
    I'm happy to report I've had a good session with the UVW map tonight. The texture is still very early stages or course, but I thought it'd be nice to show you guys something new.
    83210.jpg
    Something from me as well :)

th_klingond5.jpg
    th_klingond4.jpg
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    The uniform looks good, nice work! That Klingon ship? Badass!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Uniforms colour stripe looks a bit edgy....

I like the ship.
    Thanks guys, and as for the unform, better textures are already in production :D I can say that Joe is most certainly doing a great job with the characters from what I have seen today !
    Small update from me, the Klingon Bird of Prey, approximately 1 hour worth of updates :

th_klingonbop3.jpg
    th_klingonbop4.jpg
    Coming along nicely :thumb:

When's it time for the Augment BOP, again, though? :D
    Melak wrote: »
    Coming along nicely :thumb:

When's it time for the Augment BOP, again, though? :D

Hey don't give me any ideas there Leon ! :mad:

Here's a texture for you :D

th_klingond6.jpg
    Finished some work on the hair. I was planning on adding some hair strands on the left side, but looking at it now I don't think it'll be necessary. What do you think?
    83324.jpg83325.jpg83326.jpg83327.jpg
    He's looking like a blonde Matrix Agent Smith...
    Hugo Weaving has a much rounder face, and nose :p
    Order on the forums or no one gets new screenshots ! :mad: :flippy:

th_klingonbop6.jpg
    th_klingond7.jpg
    Textures for the shuttlepod ! Columbia variant first :

th_spod4.jpg
    Nice work. Though the blue streak reminds me more to some totally different branch. Medics, News service, or whatever...
    Sorry for the late reply :) Changed the paint job to orange-ish :D

th_spod5.jpg

Also updated the BoP:

th_klingonbop7.jpg
    Started NX class shuttlepod bay. Images aren't perfect but I am still messing around with the lighting - it's a bit tricky to get it look good and render fast ...

th_hangar4.jpg
    th_hangar5.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    The orange painting for the shuttle is looking good, but waht do you think about bronze?
    Fine work at all Adam!
    Thanks Cassio and yeah, I will try out many color variants and see which one works the best.
    Started Tpo's quarters today. Didn't do much but it's better than nothing :D

th_tpolqtr1.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    How did you do the cel shading in those renders?
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Well the new images don't have cel shading applied so I guess you're refering to the earlier images when we still were aiming for cartoon. The effect was done by a standard ink n' paint material found in 3ds max. Nothing fancy :)

Update on Tpol's room :

th_tpolqtr2.jpg
    th_tpolqtr3.jpg
    With the bright colours and overall white-ish look it could#ve passed as TOS quarters :)
    Nice work. If you don't look right to the small thumbnail, it looks like an image from the TOS series...