Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Freat & Darkone.

I should have a new update in the next couple of days. you'll be glade to know Meph I'm working on the Flight pods:D
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    I think this ship's gonna be something to look at when she's done.

note to self, save $30 dollars, and pay to have poster of this ship printed up after she's done.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Yup, I'm curious to see this develop further. For me it's the hexagonal thing at the front that got me hooked...

By the way, XRaiderV1.7, Your signature, it has a name: Murphy's Law ;) :thumb: and sad, but very, very true...
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Athena is ... how to say my feelings? Say it is just nice is nonsence... Athena is extreme pure beautiful battlestar! Im doing Pegasus, but Athena is nicer, very nicer...
    Meph, if the shoe fits, then, gotta wear it, lol.

ice dragon, nice work.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    I whole whole heartedly agree with the post it just fantastic what your doing keep it up!
    Meph, if the shoe fits, then, gotta wear it, lol.

ice dragon, nice work.

LOL, yeah, Murphy's becoming my best friend... My ship 'Olympic' (see wip *plug*plug*) is becomeing so heavy that even with 4GB of ram it's gettign difficult even rendering it. If you're familiar with .max file sieze... mine's getting close to 120MB...

Murphy's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks XRaiderV1.7, Dr.Sleep, Darkone & Meph.

@XRaiderV1.7 - $30 dollars for a poster when it's done, $50 more like and you might be waiting a long time:lol:

@Meph - Why has the hexagonal thing got you hooked?

There is an update coming but I have been a bit busy at work and not had much time to spend modeling.
    For those who want to know the poly count is now 68,011 poly's and the file size in blender is 12.6mb as Athena stands now.
    Well, the hexagonal thing sets it apart from the rest of the battlestars. It's an intriguing addition to the design. :thumb:
    I asked, theres only so big they can go when printing, so, using archival quality paper, decent inks, and lamenating, actually works out to be about $30-$35 dollars, not counting taxes(tax sucks!)
    Time for an update

I have been spending a lot of time trying to get things right on the flight pods.

here is a pic
    BattlestarAthenanew11.jpg

there are still some things to sort out like some of the ribs seem to be a little out of place and the Viper launch tubes to be put in place and the panels might not stay the way they are but only time will tell.

Please Keep Your Comments and Suggestions Coming They are aways welcome:thumb:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I-D you done a great job on this so far, keep it up mate! :thumb:
    Thanks Freak:thumb:
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    Coor' Cracking Good Job Mate :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • DerekDRPDerekDRP0 Posts: 0Member
    Ice-drangon, That's an awesome model you got there.
    very nice.
    Thanks kenny, DerekDRP & XRaiderV1.7.

A little update No pic tho:(

I have sorted out the problems with the flight pods ribs and they are now looking a lot better. I have also redone the armor panels on the lower part of the head and they are looking 100% better then they did.

I'll post up a new pic soon:D

I have been thinking about what ship to start after I finish modeling this one Hmmm something on the Clyon side I think:D
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    Can't wait to see it when you are finished with it. Looking forward to seeing several pictures so I can use for my desktop. Keep up the good work!
    Maybe Ice; a Cylon Basestar Old or New ?
    Thanks nova1701dms.

Here is a updated pic for you all:D
    BattlestarAthenanew12.jpg

@ Kenny - I am going to go back and redo my Ragnar Anchorage Depot and as for the Cylon ship........ a new baseship might be on the cards;)
    Ok Cool - Ice.
    Your model keeps getting better and better ICE!
    she going to look great when Textuered.
    yup
    Hey Ice Dragon I love all your work and finally read everything you posted about all your model ( again great work) and need to ask a question: does your gunstar land on Battlestars like colonial 1 did?
    Maybe I should I.M you instead of bothering these nice people so please I do that in future!
    Thanks guys.
    Freak wrote: »
    she going to look great when Textuered.
    Something I still have to learn:(

@Darkone - in regards to the size of the Gunstar she is a little shorter then the flight pods on the Athena and uses the same main guns as well.

Here is a comparison pic for you:D
    Newcompshot.jpg
  • So pweety....
    I though she was a little bit smaller than that.
    the main guns on the Gunstar look bigger than the ones you have on the battlestar.
    But they both are looking great!
    yes, indeed, shes looking sweet.
    Thanks Guys.

@Freak - those guns are the same size, must just be the fact that there more noticeable on the Gunstar because of her size:D

Progress is a little slow at the moment but as soon as I have something to post up I will:p