Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I have the same problem myslef. :(
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1125 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,580Member
    and add some gerbels to it

Just had a mental image of the Cybertronian fighter with Gerbils stuck all over it. It was funny.

Anyway... :D
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    wow, very, uh, succinct, and to the point.

gerbals you say, how odd.

I do believe you meant greebals.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi guys,

Here is a render of my Cylon Raider MKII
    CylonRaidernew8.jpg
    I haven't really done anything to my model but the render looks good so I thought I'd post it up.
    Looks like you done a great job with it.
    Thanks Freak.
    very cool.
    Thanks XRaiderV1.7
    I'm a born battlestar nut, lol, you're more than welcome.
    Hi, I have been updating and rebuilding me Colonial Mover model for the last few days now and I thought it was about time I showed you what I have done.

Here a render of the front.
    th_ColonialMoversnew4.jpg

and one of the back.
    th_ColonialMoversnew5.jpg

Your Comments and Suggestions are aways welcome:thumb:
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Very good!
    Thanks biotech.
    Looks alot better, Your modelling skill have improved, over this thread.
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the reflection beneath the ship, very cool.
  • gaiusgaius0 Posts: 0Member
    In space, nothing reflects your ship.:D
    Thanks Kenny
    Freak wrote: »
    Looks a lot better, Your modelling skill have improved, over this thread.

Thanks Freak lets just hope they keep improving:lol:
    gaius wrote: »
    In space, nothing reflects your ship.:D

That is true. but it's like in "space no one can hear you scream" but people still do it:p
    Hi Guys

I have been updating my flattop & Celestra models.

The Flattop model has not had much work done to it, Just some smoothing out in some parts.

Here is a couple of renders of Flattop.
    th_flattopnew2.jpgth_flattopnew1.jpg

The Celestra has had a couple of minor updates her and there but nothing really to shout home about.

Here is a couple of renders of The Celestra.
    th_Celestranewpic2.jpgth_Celestranewpic1.jpg

lokking with that new background
    Hi Guys

dose anyone remember my Colonial Gunstar model?
    th_ColonialGunship.19.jpg
    Well I have Gone back to it and have changed some things that just didn't look right.

Here are a couple of renders.
    th_ColonialGunshipnew.jpgth_ColonialGunshipnew1.jpg

Your Comments and Suggestions are aways welcome :thumb:
    Freak wrote: »
    lokking with that new background

I'm just using a plain white background. are you thinking of the reflection?
  • It looks a bit unbalanced toward the front. Looks to me that the front should be thicker. This might put it more in line with BSG type warships.
    nice

Yar I am talking about the reflection
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work I-d really like the small additional details.
    It looks a bit unbalanced toward the front. Looks to me that the front should be thicker. This might put it more in line with BSG type warships.

I suppose that's true ... but I think I-d's got it right.... since the forward cannons on the main body can support the two main forward cannons situated on the head. All depends really on ship role.

The only thing I'm not to keen on is the flak cannons located on the main body... they are needed but seem out of place - could you try and place them on that indented area on the main body just below the cannons? just to see if it looks ok? might be worth removing the three located on the rear engines and place them in that indented area as well?
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    I like it. Sign me up for a dozen!
    Thanks yoda, Freak & Elowan
    yoda wrote: »
    It looks a bit unbalanced toward the front. Looks to me that the front should be thicker. This might put it more in line with BSG type warships.

I suppose that's true ... but I think I-d's got it right.... since the forward cannons on the main body can support the two main forward cannons situated on the head. All depends really on ship role.

you both are right but I think the head fits the style of this ship just right. As for the role of this ship, well this ship is designed to work in groups of 3 as a first strike weapon.
    The only thing I'm not to keen on is the flak cannons located on the main body... they are needed but seem out of place - could you try and place them on that indented area on the main body just below the cannons? just to see if it looks ok? might be worth removing the three located on the rear engines and place them in that indented area as well?

Thanks for the suggestion yoda I'll have a go at that tomorrow and post up how it look, I'll also post up a comparison shot to show just how small this ship is compared to the Galactica.
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    O.o
    Well THATS where I got my idea for my Gorgon class Cruiser I drew up at Wolf's Shipyards.

Ice-Dragon, my apologies. I'd been going through random images I had seen on the net and was sketching out ideas and must have spotted your colonial gunship. I later turned in a pixel art thats almost identical to this. I never knew the original artist's name. If you want I'll have it pulled off the Wolf's Shipyards & my DevArt site and/or if you don't mind it kept, I'll alter it to include you as the original artist. Again, my apologies for what is now obviously a rather blatant ripoff of your design. :(

The version I did at Wolf's Shipyards: Gorgon class
    Barricade wrote: »
    if you don't mind it kept, I'll alter it to include you as the original artist. [/URL]

Hi Barricade, I had a look at what you have done and it look great :thumb:, don't pull them off the web sites just Include me as the original artist.

Hi yoda, here is your suggestion and it look much better.
    th_ColonialGunshipnew2.jpg
    Thanks for that.
    Here is a comparason shot for you all to show you just how small this ship really is.
    th_Newcomshot1.jpg
    as you can see it is smaller then Galactica's flight pods.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1125 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,580Member
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    Hi yoda, here is your suggestion and it look much better.
    th_ColonialGunshipnew2.jpg
    Thanks for that.
    Here is a comparason shot for you all to show you just how small this ship really is.
    th_Newcomshot1.jpg
    as you can see it is smaller then Galactica's flight pods.

I really love the design of this ship... very sleek, yet functional... like a mini-battlestar.
    very nice.
    Thanks BolianAdmiral & XRaiderV1.7

Hi guys I have added some new antenna to the front of the ship and I just don't know if they look right so comments on this would be great :thumb:

ColonialGunshipnew3.jpg