Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Nice! I love that tower!
  • emp3ror86emp3ror86171 Posts: 0Member
    I love the entire things, especially with the small details. It's so good that you are back, Ansel. :)
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Now in place, with some suspension-area greebles.

39.jpg
    40.jpg
  • Lord OvermindLord Overmind0 Posts: 5Member
    Anyone see the jaw at the front? probably for shielding the turrets when they aren't deployed.

EDIT: What are the chances of a Venator star destroyer planned? (I'm not being a turd asking him to make it)
  • JuanskiJuanski331 Posts: 30Member
    The sensor dome reminds me of Bertie the Pipe Bomb robot. http://www.threeawiki.com/Bertie_Mk_2
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Awesome as usual... but no one could convince me to climb to the top of that tower...
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    But it's so safe......honest :rolleyes:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great as usual :D It feels a bit like something from Battlestar Galactica now but cool nevertheless :thumb:
    Along the lines of a wheeled Colonial shuttle I presume?
    Looking great as usual :D It feels a bit like something from Battlestar Galactica now but cool nevertheless :thumb:

This is OLD star wars. From the original concept sketches for TESB. As classic as it gets :P
    So this is how the enlarged dorsal gun turned out - actually pretty close to the original :p

41.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg
    44_small.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    nice
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    This is OLD star wars. From the original concept sketches for TESB. As classic as it gets :P

OLD star wars had some kick ass designs.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding!Well done.
    OK, juggernaut is basically done, bar some touch-ups and fixes here and there.

49.jpg
    50_small.jpg

Comparisons, which is the first time I've dusted off the AT-SE mesh in years, which also reminds me how awesome it eventually did turn out :P. The walker is ~24.5m tall (a little taller than an AT-AT).

45_small.jpg
    46_small.jpg
    47_small.jpg
    48_small.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    Sweet!

It's been a while since that critter last saw some action.
    Did anyone notice the jaw turrets in one of the renders were a liiiiiitle bit larger than normal? Almost like buck teeth. :P
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    That is awesome. You need a 2 wheeler or sky bike to go with it
    Did anyone notice the jaw turrets in one of the renders were a liiiiiitle bit larger than normal? Almost like buck teeth. :P

There are some issues that cropped up with importing the AT-SE to the latest version of max, and scaling both meshes to fit. I'm going to go back to the walker eventually, clean it up, and maybe add some details and re-render it properly.
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Well I for one don't care about the issues you may have found. That render looks dam good. I really do get jealous of seeing this level of detail in anyones models.
  • emp3ror86emp3ror86171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesomeness, as usual. :)
    What is going to be the next project?
    In lieu of actually rendering a proper gallery of the Juggernaut, I've been playing around with the animation of the AT-SE. Mainly getting it to kneel properly. The animation itself is still far from done, but the basics are in place:

99.jpg
  • GeforceGeforce0 Posts: 0Member
    What is going to be the next project?

i have a idea for a quick new project!

we need for the imperial fleet a little superweapon!

the Galaxy Gun :thumb:

would be very happy :)
  • EgeriaEgeria61 Posts: 0Member
    "little" and "imperial superweapon" do not belong in the same sentence. The empire generally always goes for the bigger...
    I've been playing around with the animation of the AT-SE. Mainly getting it to kneel properly.

I've found that pulling on a training leash and having a treat in hand works well on getting the AT-SE to kneel properly. But its a stubborn breed and is prone to disobey.
    With patience and consistency you'll get there! ;)
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    All good pets takes patience and consistency. Its only a matter of time till you start telling it to go fetch a rebel. :D
  • TyranneixTyranneix171 Posts: 0Member
    Besides the Fleet Ships, the AT-SE has always been one of my personal favorites Ansel. Nice to see new pics of it. Also the Juggernaut is freaking cool!
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome stuff man, it's nice to see 'm finished. :D
    Ansel, as always your work is truly awe inspiring!
    Now if I could only convince you to model my TIE ugly I had made when I was a kid.
    Old school Viper Fuselage joined to Darth Vaders TIE X1 body,and a V-tail like on a night hawk.

Oh... and this is post 2700 !! Congrats!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    wasn't darth vaders TIE merely a bomber but without the second hull?

Ansel? AWESOME! :notworthy: