Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Carrier Concept (once again)

• BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Sorry about the long absence, been very busy around here. Have been working on her though, just been too tired to post late at night.

First up, finished the major paneling around the wing area...

c2post247.jpg

Will have to fill in the trench in the back soon, not sure yet IF I'll keep the landing bays like the launch bays...

c2post248.jpg

Also finished the upper panelling, I hope this fits well, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I think it looks about right...

c2post249.jpg

And of course the lower paneling, I didn't want a repeat of the top, so I used different colors and shapes to do this side...

c2post250.jpg

Anyway hope you guys like what you see. Later and Enjoy.
  • Gothic_GoatboyGothic_Goatboy0 Posts: 0Member
    man, loving the idea of a swarm of BoP's comming out to meet an opponent...nice!
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    This reminds me of that flying spacedock mesh -- anyone remember that? could hold a few defiants, and one or two ships as large as an ambassador?
    I'm afraid she's not that big guys. In fact, a Romulan Warbird is actually bigger, but as for the swarm of BOP's, that'd still be cool, especially if they're backed up by several squads of Knife fighters as pictured above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thats very, very cool Bogger...

You are an honorble warrior
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9920 Posts: 5,337Member
    I like the colour and panel patterns on the bottom a lot. Keep missing the updates on thisthread too ~_~
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804570 Posts: 11,177Member
    I love it with the hull panels!! Excellent work. :thumb:
    Why thank you guys, I should have more tonight. Maybe.
    Well now that a week has passed, let me tell you what happened. I was nearly done with the trench area when I fell asleep at the keyboard (literally, no joking here) and some how puched the wrong set of keys and did some real damage to the ship. So I started to rebuild that area from scratch, but history repeated itself and again it got wiped and restarted. I really gotta stop these excessively late modeling sessions.

Anyway, I finished the back side of the wing as far as the trench is concerned. These would be the recovery bay doors you see here. Fighters enter these doors to return to the ship and be repaired, refueled or whatever it is they need. Take note in the close up that there is a set of guns for each pair of doors, these are to protect the interior of the ship from attack as well as the fighters that are coming in to land. These would be close in gunsand each one is manned by a gunner and an assistant. Anyway enjoy some long over due updates.

c2post251.jpg

c2post251.jpg

Also take not that I returned to my original six sided doors, I like them much better and they're a lot easier to model. Plus they give the ship a better feel 'cuz they kinda look like teeth.
    looks great!
    Dude, I actually cringed when I read that part about falling asleep on the keyboard and then it happened again! :eek: That's some rough crap there.

However, it's great to see you got past it and whipped the ship back into shape. It looks great. :thumb:
    Time to voice your opinion guys, Let me know what you think because I'm not sure. Do you like them or should I do something else? Do they fit the ship? Any suggestion, drawings or ideas of anykind welcome and given carefull consideration.

Main cannons far away...

c2post254.jpg

c2post255.jpg

HELP for lack of a better word.
  • CrimsonLineCrimsonLine171 Posts: 0Member
    Believe it or not, I like these better than any of the round-barrelled weapons you've come up with yet - maybe because they are elliptical in their cross-section, they look less like they shoot projectiles.
    So why do I feel like they don't fit the ship?
    They fit the ship. They're cool. :devil:
    I played with what I have and figured out why they didn't look right. Not big enough to serve as replacements for my original design idea.

So after a little fanagaling, I might have the start of what I think is right. Enjoy.

c2post256.jpg

c2post257.jpg

c2post258.jpg

c2post259.jpg

Well that's all for tonight, I'm half asleep and ready for bed.
    Well, it is a Klingon ship, so huge guns are essential. I'd just hate to be that person standing in that barrel. :p Looks great. :D
    I think they fit right :thumb:

and a Klingon ships gotta have big claws :D
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9920 Posts: 5,337Member
    Will these rotate gimbal like in the joint? (spelling ughh lol)
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    If you mean like a ball and socket , yes, but not like a gattling gun, no axial rotation.
    Ooooh! "axial"! Love that word.
    Cl, you need help. Then again don't we all.
    My apologies guys, I have nothing new to add, I've been dealing with a lot of real life problems in the past several weeks and have had no time for the 3D work. I will try to get back to te ship soon, I hope.
    Ok, out of obligation, I'll let you in on a little secret, LIFE SUCKS!

I have been unable to do anything with the carrier lately because I am now embroiled in one of the most difficult tasks anyone could ever have. I'm the sole executor and heir to my grandmother's estate and I'm pulling my hair out just trying to figure all this out. Without going into the morbid details, she passed away on the second of this month, however she was not found until the next day. I'm the one who found her. So please bear with me for a while longer, the carrier will eventually get finished.

Again, my apologies for the long hiatus.
    Yikes, man! Sounds like an awful time. I pray that you are given the strength to make it through. And my condolences on the passing of your grandmother.
    Thanks CL, nice to see you still alive and kickin' as well. If you think that's bad, my father passed on July 11th of this year and my Grandmother passed just three days prior to the anniverssary of her husband's death. The same day as his passing marks 13 years in my "job" for lack of a more descriptive and most likely not allowed term for what passes as my main source of employment. I've been slowly dabbling with 3D to get back into it, but the time needed to do the carrier just isn't available right now. I check in here from time to time, but other than that, that's about it right now. But one day I will overcome and finish what I started.
    Ok, minor update. Cl got me to thinking maybe just a little effort could get the ball rolling. So a few new panels and we'll see what happens from there. Saddly this old girl isn't too far from finished, or at least as far as I can tell.

c2post260.jpg

c2post263.jpg

c2post264.jpg

Like I said a little bit to start.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Welcome back !:)
    Thank You.

More panel work, this is why I got bored, but it's gotta get done.

c2post261.jpg

c2post262.jpg

These are the launch doors, they are smaller than the recovery doors.
    A little bit more. Im tired so the pictures can speak for themselves.

c2post265.jpg

c2post266.jpg

Goodnight all.