Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTiny Trek Issue 03 - WIP

• ashleytingerashleytinger2017 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    So there are other ways to get petty revenge on political officers.... *cough cough*

dg18eet-00e1e3b1-bbd7-4581-bbcd-d72812846c4a.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcxOGVldC0wMGUxZTNiMS1iYmQ3LTQ1ODEtYmJjZC1kNzI4MTI4NDZjNGEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.VPgJE3WZNvzkNQ8CLBeYJhbralBxeD9INX5FTHpBf7w

Lizzy777StarCruiserwibbleevil_genius_180Jayru
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I sense that Blaise might wind up scrubbing plasma vents in the near future. :lol:
    wibble
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    edited July 2023 #34
    No, she will stand with crossed arms and tipping her feet next to an ensign scrubbing plasma vents. :)
    Post edited by wibble on
    I sense that Blaise might wind up scrubbing plasma vents in the near future. :lol:

She's more of a supervisor than a doer. If they even let her near the equipment lol
    wibble wrote: »
    No, she will stand with crossed arms and tipping her feet next to an ensign scrubbing plasma vents. :)

*whistles innocently*

dg1dzxi-25b0d120-4774-4564-b209-bb2c35f3f58c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcxZHp4aS0yNWIwZDEyMC00Nzc0LTQ1NjQtYjIwOS1iYjJjMzVmM2Y1OGMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.eM4JJO3-Cg3WOrs-WTroZsf4H62c_Z_rsa4345qGrKo

wibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777Jayru
    edited July 2023 #36
    Ah there they are, the plasma vent scrubbers.

32 Hours: that's the window of opportunity for the orions.
    Post edited by wibble on

She's more of a supervisor than a doer. If they even let her near the equipment lol

I figured that. But I also figured it was one of those things where the Captain wasn't going to give her much of a choice. "Look, it's either this or the airlock..." :lol:
    Ah there they are, the plasma vent scrubbers.

32 Hours: that's the window of opportunity for the orions.

Indeed. It is a risk.

I figured that. But I also figured it was one of those things where the Captain wasn't going to give her much of a choice. "Look, it's either this or the airlock..." :lol:

"I have a phaser and an airlock. I don't think anyone will miss you." ;)
    evil_genius_180wibble
    dg1imjm-deb877e0-e0f5-48a7-a718-0d0278652309.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcxaW1qbS1kZWI4NzdlMC1lMGY1LTQ4YTctYTcxOC0wZDAyNzg2NTIzMDkuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.vqwz3F64dQLlux8WZbyYsFFKxdCrvjaQWwGYlnmj4j8

wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777evil_genius_180Jayru
    With every panel about Blaise she becomes more and more interesting.
    ashleytingerscifieric
    With every panel about Blaise she becomes more and more interesting.

Blaise is so much fun. The perfect pot-stirrer
    wibblescifieric
    dg22mvj-a793ccdc-e176-489b-a498-d3c1b04832fc.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcyMm12ai1hNzkzY2NkYy1lMTc2LTQ4OWItYTQ5OC1kM2MxYjA0ODMyZmMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.MrEYle1zR4t2nPjs0j4b2_fdTCYlncKxLJTerXyyTWE

StarCruiserevil_genius_180Lizzy777wibbleJayru
    dg22n22-f03a7f6e-1100-493b-ac0b-e4a198804d1f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcyMm4yMi1mMDNhN2Y2ZS0xMTAwLTQ5M2ItYWMwYi1lNGExOTg4MDRkMWYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.DwWISKfdiaIWoYeQz9gxZmpIEC3g73Oro0XBnHHfqpw

evil_genius_180JayruStarCruiserscifiericwibbleLizzy777
    "Punching her in the face isn't going to make you feel better."

Really, you don't know unless you've tried it. ;)
    Jayruscifiericwibble
  • JayruJayru1130 UKPosts: 697Member
    Ashley, I love how you paint the world and these little vignettes in the Trek universe. I cannot imagine, the hours/days/months/years you put into creating everything you need to make these strips - but I can honestly say thank you. They are fun to read!
    scifiericwibble
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield

I mean, you could risk a hand injury, then there's having to explain it to your CMO, the medical reports, then the paperwork for the Federation Council for having struck someone they put under your care. It's got a lot of baggage attached to it. ;)

Jayru wrote: »
    Ashley, I love how you paint the world and these little vignettes in the Trek universe. I cannot imagine, the hours/days/months/years you put into creating everything you need to make these strips - but I can honestly say thank you. They are fun to read!

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying them! I wanted to do a kind of slice of life within Trek and it's kind of morphed a bit in dealing with day to day on a ship and the missions a bit. I think when all is said and done, including the render time, writing, designing, populating a set (if I don't like what I've already got in there), posing everyone, right now it's averaging about an hour to an hour and a half a panel. Which doesn't sound like much looking at this page of 6, but I've already done 100 plus individual panels in this 'issue' so far.

I've got another new set for this issue yet to build that'll see some re-use, but for the next issue I've got at least 3 ship interiors (includes a new one for the Aries! yay!), an office redress and partial rebuild, another office redress (I'm not rebuilding an older set I did for just the one scene but I want it to look different than other offices I'm using), and a classroom/auditorium setting I'm borrowing and adding in elements to (not including all the damned cadets to populate the room). Plus a star system to play in.

I wouldn't keep doing this if I wasn't having fun doing it. It's also why I only put out the two combined pages a week. Anymore and combined with the day job I get burnt out.
    Jayruevil_genius_180scifiericwibble
  • JayruJayru1130 UKPosts: 697Member
    They are a lot of fun to read, I have been following them for a while.
    ashleytingerscifiericwibble
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield

I mean, you could risk a hand injury, then there's having to explain it to your CMO, the medical reports, then the paperwork for the Federation Council for having struck someone they put under your care. It's got a lot of baggage attached to it. ;)

Of course, I was joking. Really, Starfleet is borderline military and there's a lot of issues up to and including criminal charges for striking someone. Blaise has some sort of official rank, right? At the very least, she's someone the Federation Council put in place and they won't take kindly to Avril punching her, to the point where they could insist she be brought up on charges and possibly lose her command.
    scifiericwibble

Of course, I was joking. Really, Starfleet is borderline military and there's a lot of issues up to and including criminal charges for striking someone. Blaise has some sort of official rank, right? At the very least, she's someone the Federation Council put in place and they won't take kindly to Avril punching her, to the point where they could insist she be brought up on charges and possibly lose her command.

Oh I know! And I think that's probably the biggest reason she broke down and talked to her CMO about it.

Also because Thelev would have laughed for a solid five minutes being a former member of the imperial guard before giving her advice on it. ;)
    scifiericJayruwibble
    dg2urnz-4e74be73-7e6a-4ef2-85c7-cbcaba7d3093.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGcydXJuei00ZTc0YmU3My03ZTZhLTRlZjItODVjNy1jYmNhYmE3ZDMwOTMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.hekPRFMj7lO0MZ74Ey2_nPGiIwgdusbwgVpySBh3UeE

StarCruiserLizzy777Jayruwibbleevil_genius_180scifieric
    Blaise wanted to prove that Avril's grudge is justified?
    scifieric
    Blaise wanted to prove that Avril's grudge is justified?

Patience is NOT one of her strong capabilities
    Jayruscifieric
    I feel like you're really capturing that "annoying" aspect of high ranking officials when they visited the original Enterprise with Blaise. It's a nice callback to some of the best TOS episodes.
    ashleytingerJayruscifieric
    I feel like you're really capturing that "annoying" aspect of high ranking officials when they visited the original Enterprise with Blaise. It's a nice callback to some of the best TOS episodes.

Thank you! Yeah that was part of my intention with her, but also because I figured the crew would gel, I wanted someone who isn't beholden to Starfleet that is going to cause issues on occasion just from who and where she is.

Also, since I'm using Nogura and another admiral near and dear to my heart I didn't want to go the crazy admiral route either. Let them be sane for awhile. lol
    evil_genius_180Jayruscifieric
    My favorite crazy admiral will always be Norah Satie. The late great Jean Simmons did such a fantastic job of portraying the craziness.
    My favorite crazy admiral will always be Norah Satie. The late great Jean Simmons did such a fantastic job of portraying the craziness.

There are so many great crazy admirals to choose from! She's one of my faves as well. There were more crazy politicians in TOS than Admirals I think but I haven't gone looking for the stats lol
    For TOS, Ambassador Robert Fox always springs to mind. His craziness is debatable, but what's not debatable is that he was a jackass of the highest nature. The reason I consider him crazy is because he insisted on beaming down to Eminiar VII knowing full well what was going on on the planet and with the away team. I'm surprised Scotty never punched Fox when he was in command while Kirk and Spock were planet side.
    For TOS, Ambassador Robert Fox always springs to mind. His craziness is debatable, but what's not debatable is that he was a jackass of the highest nature. The reason I consider him crazy is because he insisted on beaming down to Eminiar VII knowing full well what was going on on the planet and with the away team. I'm surprised Scotty never punched Fox when he was in command while Kirk and Spock were planet side.

Ya know, I apparently hate him so much I forgot he was in that episode!
  • PheylanPheylan528 Posts: 92Member

Well, you have to remember Hollywood's golden rule...Thou shall not upstage the hero's in the story!

So most guest characters either had to be jerks, incompetent, or corrupt. But to fair to Ambassador Fox, he did redeem himself in the end.

Also, can't wait to see where you take this episode. Seems like a lot going on and I'm anticipating a few plot twists ahead.
    ashleytingerscifieric
    Pheylan wrote: »

Well, you have to remember Hollywood's golden rule...Thou shall not upstage the hero's in the story!

So most guest characters either had to be jerks, incompetent, or corrupt. But to fair to Ambassador Fox, he did redeem himself in the end.

Also, can't wait to see where you take this episode. Seems like a lot going on and I'm anticipating a few plot twists ahead.

Thank you! Yeah introducing a recurring wrench in the works can be a bit... stressful. lol

She's more than likely going to prove useful at some point though. Maybe. lol
    scifieric
    dg4d20u-dad7adcd-8d4b-44b4-b1b9-fba052f6718e.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGc0ZDIwdS1kYWQ3YWRjZC04ZDRiLTQ0YjQtYjFiOS1mYmEwNTJmNjcxOGUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.zOzo7o2tlnArjO0NyHixt5s-435vW-pAxU6pF88ecus

evil_genius_180Lizzy777JayruStarCruiserwibble