Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.
Coward wrote: »
Very slowly progressing on the shuttle. So far I have finished integrating the the bottom hull and the side walls of the top hull into one mesh, and I've finished modelling the warp pylons/wings (I ended up going with the warp nacelles parallel to each other).
I've finished most of the work on the rear landing gear, but I may redo some of it to add some details I missed (mainly the teardrop shaped indent).
I also changed how I was doing the curve on the warp nacelles corrugated rear caps. I was using a boolean object to cut out the curve, but I realised that I could get a similar result using vertex groups and a shrinkwrap modifier. The great thing about this method is it doesn't create unneeded vertices, which should mean that there will be minimal or no cleanup when I apply the modifier stack.
Next part I'll be working on is integrating the middle hull part into the rest of the main hull. I should have done this earlier as it's going to be a real pain to do cleanly , since I've already freezed the subd of the main hull part.