Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew Starship

DaveWhDaveWh342 Posts: 18Member
edited June 2019 in Work in Progress #1
OK, I've been away for an awfully long time. Much busier "real life" stuff to tend to. I wanted to build a new starship, something of a generally familiar design, but not seen before. I consider this a bridge between the refit Constitution class and the Sovereign class. It's just a bit taller than the Constitution class, but much longer. I built it principally with subpatches.e3zf2waia887.png
zno5r1yi94t5.png
wr5oefz937h6.png
qegkyb8elmj3.png
cvxpmfmn9043.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
RekkertLizzy777evil_genius_180

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited June 2019 #2
    I like it. I like how all of the parts flow together. I also like the design of the nacelles. Anyway, it's off to a nice start, I look forward to seeing where you take it.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    That saucer is same as on my ship the USS Sterling

yv03hvopjrt1.png
  • DaveWhDaveWh342 Posts: 18Member
    A quick animation test:
    lewisnivenLizzy777evil_genius_180
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    You've done a top job on getting the hull nice and smooth, the transition in to the nacelles especially. As an observation, it looks like you've got some pinching on the very front of the saucer, I suspect there's some vertexes that aren't bang on '0' on the x-axis so the mirror modifier isnt working quite right.
    The problem is the bump map for the major hull segment lines. I have a symmetric UV map and LW's doing fine everywhere except at the edges (which run down the center of the ship). The mesh itself is fine. If I remove the bump map, that oddity at the nose goes away.

I've recently reengineered the nacelles - I'm much happier with them now. However, I need to brighten them up for the jump to warp - I can barely see the blue exterior lighting. I'll fiddle.
    slight revision on the warp jump. Made things brighter.
    Lizzy777
    I figured out the issue with the UV maps and got rid of that weirdness. Added some lights. Rebuilt the nacelles, including redesigning how they're lit.9uj8ny4gya7y.png
    umzyr1a84rw4.png
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Figuring out mapping issues is always a good thing. I really like the lighting on the nacelles.
    Updates
    pi5k63efsjh5.png
    pcr8ildi0ndi.png
    li3bru5ykj99.png
    i3x6z6u59sh6.png
    z21z16dua3fb.png
    azrn35lpdzdh.png
    Lizzy777publiusr