Is this going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
So, brand new forum software probably means all kinds of small bugs crawling around the place. Report any you can find in this thread, and we'll deal with them as soon as we can. This post will be updated occasionally with open bugs and their status.
--The big bug list--
--Not quite bugs--
- Sorting works weird, if you search for a specific tag
- Latest posts on the main index not always correct (should fix itself, once people get posting since new posts will have significantly higher IDs)
- Search functional, but results could be better formatted
- Postcounts aren't working at the moment. Have a theory about cause, might correct themselves, once people start posting.
- Timeouts maybe caused by kind of aggressive firewall settings. Investigating.
- Mobile theme needs a rewrite
- Edit post not accessible on mobile. Changed icon to be always visible. Waiting for CSS to propagate
- Sidepanel can get too long to fit on page on smaller resolutions.
- Emoticon picker is kind of useless.
- No easy way to delete private messages. Workaround: Leave conversation button will remove it from your inbox.
- Edit post and delete draft icons really difficult to see
- Searching by tags is broken (wrong URL)
- Update broke editing. Fixed now.
- Update messed up top menu icons. Fixed.
- Sign In link on the top menu doesn't work properly. May need to refresh page for it to take effect. This will apparently get fixed in 3.0.
- Clicking on image or URL button in the editor does not focus on it as expected, so anything you paste ends up in your post instead, which is very annoying
- Search box and link missing on mobile
- Emails aren't getting through to people, especially on gmail. Have been manually confirming people's addresses
- Changing avatar reverts theme selection to default
- People with "invalid"(containing dashes or spaces, mostly) usernames unable to switch themes. Get error message about invalid username instead
- Some badges get awarded multiple times, when user signs on for the first time (Level 2, most commonly). Workaround: remove extra ones manually. Users get to keep the reputation, since removing that is a hassle.
- Editing first post of a thread will wipe the prefix, unless you remember to set it again. Workaround: Edit thread again and add prefix.
- Youtube URLs are a confusing mess. Profile field only works with specific kind, so needs a bit of reworking.
- Using URL tag on mobile kinda sucks
- Hitting enter, while the focus is not on main textbox, when creating new thread, will post the thread.
- Counts go out of whack when posts are moved from one thread to another, which means that # new tag will not work until the thread catches up to its previous comment count. No biggie though, will fix itself, once the comment count is back to what it was. No easy fix, since counts for new users are stored by user and different for everyone.
- Twitter embeds occasionally just don't work. Think the issue is in Twitter's end though.
- Slightly stricter Content Security Policy may result in broken images, if they're not available over https (most things should be in 2019, but I realize it's a hassle with some service providers)...
Workarounds: You can use the attachment feature. Most free image hosts should offer https these days.
I'll keep an eye on this, but I'm not too keen on lowering security settings