Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Angel class battlecruiser, MkII - USS.Glory

2»

• CreativeZollerCreativeZoller61 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, Max is good Max is generating oxygen for you so you can live :D
    To answer your question, I have to confess I really liked the udates which came with the JJ era. BUT my favourite is still the post-voyager era from the 'standard' / prime timeline. For me the best bridge is the Intrepid and the Nemezis version of the Sovereign so that last is really-really post-voyager era in msd colours for example... So I tried to dream and make a post-nemezis era bridge, based on the sovereign type main bridge and some things from the prometheus type bridge which will be added later. The main viewscreen is basically a mixture of the sovereign and the new JJ type. So it is really big but it's a part of the translucent bridge hull, which means you can basically see through of the front part of the bridge which is also the place where the viewscreen is, so there is some active hud all the time ;) I hope it was a well detailed answer for your question.
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    To be honest that answer is more than I expected, thank you. Star Trek 2009 was the movie that got me into Star Trek so I have a soft spot for viewscreen windows on ships.
    Can't wait to see how the final version of your bridge comes out.
    Just a quick reply :) The first image is from Nemesis, it's the most beloved sovereign and post-voyager era viewscreen and the second one is the translucent viewscreen from jj era :) Now you can imaginate the mixing of them.

6r09yc.jpg
    15d02yx.jpg
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    Well I can definitely say I can see your inspiration in the model. Do you do sketches before you model or is it straight from the mind?
    First step is imagination and some hand drawings. For this particular bridge I made a test render from top view and made some photoshop to it using the sovereign bridge plans from the internet. Here it is :)nb3cld.jpg
    so, I'm back ^^ and here are some updates:
    - redo lots of parts of the main hull which is actually in one big piece if anyone interested
    - redo the aft hull because by this, shaping the hangar bay doors will be easier later
    - made some smaller modifications to the warp pylons, twisted the angles a little and changed the width of them
    - totally redesigned the warp nacelles, these will be my final designs for prototype > from these on I gonna make the details so it will be like in the JJ movies but still similar to the sovereign-era nacelles, I mean sleek and stylish yet so powerful-looking
    I am looking for a way to make materials like warp plasma and deflector dish (bluish) and bussard collectors and impulse enginees (reddish), any help is warmly welcomed :)
    t64dbo.pnglioah.pngn478ft.pngvp8681.png