Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. Balmung, Again

12346»

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9920 Posts: 5,337Member
    Rearward windows and details. PITA as I did have to merge up some rooms. I irk a bit at how close some of these are to the impulse but there so far is a load of room for the exhaust flow. From what I have read the impulse fascia here is a heat sink and waste dump and not a thrust surface.

Everything light wise in the neck are all needs a bit of tuning. Some rooms have too much light exp the warm toned rooms. ATM it will be tuned by adjusting the objects vs the lum materials. Other rooms are a bit too uneven for the type of room they are. Say those rear facing lounge rooms (large windows)

balmung-redo-520.jpg

balmung-redo-521.jpg

balmung-redo-522.jpg
    ugh 50min
    balmung-redo-523.jpg
    UUUGHHH 1hr 43min

and yes, I have yet to turn that edge near the docking port.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • EighthEighth0 Posts: 0Member
    Solid work man, nice Classic feel to it, I like the details on top of the nacelles and the window details are excellent.
    Started messing about with the impulse mostly an unoriginal housing idea as it is a lot like the one on the Probert Ambassador class.

smaller array of grills.
    balmung-redo-533.jpg

Just a glowing pit with stencil over.
    balmung-redo-534.jpg

Really feeling the itch to work on something new or the construction of shapes vs busy work like details and windows.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Looovveeee it.
    Decided to give the impulse a rest and went about drilling more holes in the thing.

balmung-redo-536.jpg

balmung-redo-537.jpg
    H deck holes drilled. AKA more of the same.

balmung-redo-538.jpg

At this point I have to decide if I will do any large windows on the rim and where I should place them either on the curvature or across the stripes.

balmung-redo-539.jpg
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Don't get carried away with the internals - it turns into a nightmare! Great to see this beauty being reworked, always an inspiration!
    Yeah I wont be going much further in that what can bee peaked into from outside. Though I will block rough forms in to make clearances for mechanical functions. IE empty volume in places like the neck and struts to allow for structure and all the stuff needed for the ship.

Sampler of the larger window groups. Lighting needs tuning.

balmung-redo-542.jpg

balmung-redo-543.jpg

probably wont get much further as dinner always interrupts the rest of the evening.
    I am doing this in quarters to ease the monotony of clean up and building the back wall structure of each window. I happened to get it done last night just had a larger render that did not pan out going overnight. I did weed it some too as my original layout had what I felt a bit too many windows.

balmung-redo-544.jpg

balmung-redo-545.jpg
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    where is phaser array?:(
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    this is looking great
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    cool65 wrote: »
    where is phaser array?:(
    Ya'd think people knew the drill by now. Not before Tuesday.....
    WIP. . .

Rest of the rim windows are done. BLEAH
    I have an entire secondary hull to look forward to and the whole underside saucer. SHUDDER.

Least this is a Ambassador era ship and not a TNG era one or I would have had to do twice as many of these things.

balmung-redo-551.jpg

balmung-redo-553.jpg

balmung-redo-554.jpg

As this thing renders I am wondering if I should bump those forward lifeboats and move the registry onto that row of panels to space it and the ship name out more. But then I dunno where I would stick those 10 lifeboats. I cannot easily move them up or down as they will interfere with rooms or later elements such as phasers.

I am also about to nix all the physical cut aztec or adjust the materials to not conflict as much under bright light.