Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Endless Pluto Station Thread

1818283848587»

• japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    I did, very easy! I love nuke so much...it's sort of my PS replacement a lot of the time now. I wish PS was node based, and could swap stuff out and modify as easily. Anyway, really easy... plug your image into the Convolve node, make a aperture shape with a roto node, scale it up or down as you need it to defocus/focus. And done! I drew two hexagons one inside the other to make the convolve obvious.

convolve.jpg
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Convolutions...ugh, it's been a few years since I've had to do one mathematically. By hand. *ugh*
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Typing "nuke" into google will get me on the NSA watchlist :D . Whats the full name of the program?
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    You're already on most of their lists anyway, so why worry? ;)
    https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    alas I can't seem to reproduce this in Fusion :(
    lennier1 wrote: »
    You're already on most of their lists anyway, so why worry? ;)
    https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/

Ah thanks. Not the kind of software i need tho :(
    On the other hand, a friend introduced me to MindTex, a nice app for making quickie texture maps (normals, spec, etc).
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Ah thanks. Not the kind of software i need tho :(
    On the other hand, a friend introduced me to MindTex, a nice app for making quickie texture maps (normals, spec, etc).

Yeah, Nuke is high-end compositing software we have at work...but I love it's node workflow and I'd be doing the same stuff in PS, so why not make my life easier updating stills and animations with Nuke. :) I could probably do the same stuff in AE, but I hate AE so...yeah :)
    japetus wrote: »
    I could probably do the same stuff in AE, but I hate AE so...yeah :)
    AE still exists???? :confused:
  • DavidChipmanDavidChipman171 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, After Effects still exists. Latest release came out in July of last year.