Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShuttlecraft and small ships

124»

• ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    So, I've attained a few new toys, and switched over to luxrender for more realistic lighting/materials. I've got to do a few things to the meshes I've built thus far to get caught back up and translate them properly to the new workflow.

That said, as small ships are a part of this thread I'm building small starships as well. I had the frame of a Nova class lying around since the beginning of the year, so I decided to play around with it. Haven't been on here in a while, so I didn't notice that the Nova class is getting more attention these days. Very cool to see other builds though.

Still working on pats of the bridge section and the stardrive grid section. Haven't worked on the nacelles at all yet.
    109043.jpg109044.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Ha, another Nova. It's sure getting some loving at the minute. :)

Great looking model.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    That looks fantastic. I love that you even modeled the escape pods.
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Ha, another Nova. It's sure getting some loving at the minute. :)

Great looking model.

Haha it really is! Had no idea it was until I logged back in. :)

Nice change of pace though. I haven't worked on any starships from this period.
    That looks fantastic. I love that you even modeled the escape pods.

Thank you sir! I was looking at some of IRML's Sovereign renders and realized I needed to pay more attention to detail with stuff like that lol
    So craziness with work is mostly out of the way, and I got a chance to finish most of the modeling and push a few renders out. Only thing left is the RCS vents on the nacelles and the small greebles in the sensor palletes. (At least that's what I intend to model on the exterior.)

Not sure whether to texture the exterior or finish the interiors first...
    109375.jpg109376.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool, liking how this is developing.
    It looks great. :)
    That's looking really nice. Great stuff.
    Thanks guys, I have a lot less time for this (as I'm sure you all have noticed,) but I'm still making a fair amount of progress. Started greebling the sensor palettes, so those should look better soon. I'm trying to follow the references I have, but I'm sure I'll have to improvise to get it to look right. Some of the windows have been modified in their size/placement just slightly to keep the window sizes consistent. From the refs I have, it holds up against the orthos of the film model though. More greeble, transporter signal boosters and the RCS panels on the nacelles are all that's left of the exterior at this point. Then on to the interiors...
    109401.jpg
    Yeah, some of the windows on the original Lightwave model used on the show are kind of oddly shaped and placed. Yours look more orderly.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Very nice job, so far.
  • Arca84Arca840 Posts: 0Member
    Sir, her is the pictures of the actual prop I hope it helps, I too need some help with a project of mine, contact me here I could use any and all help thx!

IMG_9123.jpgIMG_9124.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg
    109512.jpg109516.jpg109517.jpg
    @evil_genius_180, @mattc - Thanks, guys :) Got an upgrade to the Luxrender plugin I use, so I've had to make some adjustments before finishing another render, but that should be up soon.
    Arca84 wrote: »
    Sir, her is the pictures of the actual prop I hope it helps, I too need some help with a project of mine, contact me here I could use any and all help thx!

IMG_9123.jpgIMG_9124.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for these shots! I have to make some tweaks to the model I've built, but these definitely help
    Took a while to get this rendered (Really need a new machine), but the exterior modeling is done. Working on the texture mapping and interior rooms. Going to try a blend of the Voyager-period and TNG movie-period interior styles for this one. More detail as soon as I can get renders completed.
    109576.jpg
    Looking good.

:thumb:
    Yes, indeed it is. :thumb:
    Yup. :thumb:
    Thanks for still checking this thread out :) Sorry there haven't been much in updates, but I had to go back to school a bit to get all the settings in Lux the way I wanted them. Here's a shot of the aft of the ship. More on the interior as soon as I can get enough time to render.
    109699.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very nice and very clean. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Great stuff on the modelling front, and am loving your finish on those renders, looks great.

:thumb: