Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScreaming Eagles: Grandeur's MACO Squad

1234568»

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    "I like this ship!" :)
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    BIG UPDATE!!!

So the camo is done, and most of the shaders have been finalized. So with that, it is time to start adding the markings, and here is what we have so far... The only major change that has yet to be made, is switch the SF_Command Patch, for that of the MACO patch (but I still need to find a high-res version of that one...)

Say hello to the...
    VFA-115 "SCREAMING EAGLES"

VFA115_SCREAMING_E.jpg

BANZAI Mk. III "TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"
    VFA-115 "SCREAMING EAGLES"
    TAIL NUMBER 01
    PILOT: Lt Cmdr "VIPER" Haskil
    EWO: Lt "RADAR" Endilev

There still more work to be done on the mesh as well as the markings, so this is not done by a longshot...
    106605.jpg106606.jpg106607.jpg106608.jpg106609.jpg
    Looking great so far.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work. :)
  • USSMidwayUSSMidway171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! They were a part of CVW-5 when I was on the Midway. Although they were VA-115 with Intruders.
    Thanks for all the "LIKES"!

So more work has been completed on developing the markings and shaders...

1. "Rebuilt" the MACO Command patch (See R. Wing)
    2. Redid the Bussard/Impulse/Warp Drive shaders
    3. A little tweaking here and there..

The next think on the list is the Grandeur's MACO detachment patch, and then adjusting the shaders accordingly...

46.jpg
    106644.jpg
    46.jpg 424.2K
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Are you keeping the interior the olivegrenade color or are you gunnar do a greyish color
    I'm wondering if the bussards and impulse engines should be a different color maybe? Other than that it looks awesome. :)
    Baring further guidance from the COMMAND STAFF, the markings for the BANZAI Mk III are complete.

USS GRANDEUR, VFA-115 "SCREAMING EAGLES" (MACO Fighter Squadron)

USS GRANDEUR, MACO "DRAGONS" (AIR/SPACE/MARINE FORCES)... displayed on the Center-line...

STARFLEET ELITE SPECIAL OPERATIONS, MILITARY ASSAULT COMMAND OPERATIONS... unsure if this is the canon patch, but it was the only design I could find...

48.jpg

BOTTOM
    47.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Colbmista - I think that I will stick with the "green", at least for the foreseeable future. It kinda sets it apart from the "designer" color schemes and designs that are so common on canon Federation vessels. Also it links it back to the era of WWII where it was skill and guts, not so much as technology, that would determine the outcome of an engagement...

Schimpfy - I'm still working on those shaders... the shape is different from my previous designs, so I'm having to adjust my UV-mapping technique accordingly... but, YES, the Bussards and Impulse Drives will have different shaders, even if it is only a subtle difference.
    106666.jpg106667.jpg
    48.jpg 78.4K
    47.jpg 107.2K
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    the nacelle vents look better now they have the hexagonal grid over them, it has more or less hidden the problem i mentioned.
    The MACO Air Squadron has arrived at the shipyard and is in the process of preparing to load its aircraft for preliminary flight operations testing, prior to their full activation and deployment. Please welcome the airframes of:

VFA-115
    "SCREAMING EAGLES"

OSPREY Class
    (ADI, ADVANCED INTERCEPTOR)
    VFA-115's single OSPREY ADI is flown by the CAG, Capt Jason McGarvey.
    He will be backed by his RIO/EWO who will be arriving in the near future.

NIGHTHAWK Class
    (ASF-M, ADVANCED STRIKE FIGHTER -
    MULTI-ROLE)
    The EAGLE's field an additional 5 NIGHTHAWK's crewed by the elite of the MACO AIR CORPS (MAC).
    Each pilot, selected by name, is an expert in the art of the aerial dogfight, and are unrivaled in sky or space.

CIMARRON Class
    (HEAVY ASSAULT TRANSPORT)
    Providing the heavy lift and assault capability are the 2 heavily modified CIMARRON heavy shuttles.
    Originally a pure transport, much like the 20th century "HERCULES", the CIMARRON, continues to
    develop more and more capabilities.
    106718.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive work. :)
    WE'RE BACK!!!

So we have full AVIONICS, thanks to the Chief, and this bird is now fully-airworthy.
    54.jpg 55.jpg

We are currently working on developing a specialized flight-rig for the men and women of the Grandeur's combat pilot contingent...
    106958.jpg106959.jpg
    54.jpg 81.1K
    55.jpg 380.4K
  • commandersozocommandersozo511 Posts: 633Member
    looks great! thnx, japme.
    That looks awesome. Great work, japme. :thumb:

That layout gives me some inspiration for a non-Trek design. :)
  • commandersozocommandersozo511 Posts: 633Member
    and btw, here are the osprey cockpit panels in detail. enjoy!
    106962.png106961.png
    Very nice. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, i see i'm not the only one designing a full interface for sci-fi fighter cockpits. Your design work is excellent.