Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScreaming Eagles: Grandeur's MACO Squad

• Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Wait. This is a runabout, right? Did we ever saw a joystick in a runabout?
    In fact, the only time we saw one was this hillariously pointless "manual control" during the fight with the Son'a in the Briar Patch...

Actually the Delta Flyer is runnabout-ish, and the second DF had physical controls.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Great job on the Runabout.
    How many marines can it carry?
    Does it carry torpedos?
  • CaptainRoopCaptainRoop0 Posts: 0Member
    Technically this is not a Runabout, but Japme can enhance further on that, All is looking great.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    if its not a shuttle or a runabout what is it?
    I guess you would say troop or transport carrier, would be more actuate.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    How about MACO Assault transport?
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Or MACO Assault Dropship (MAD) :)
    I guess you would say troop or transport carrier, would be more actuate.
    id still call it a runabout cuz its in that class of vessel
    Well parts are in there I guess, here is what was said at the beginning of building this. "In the meantime... meet the "Cimarron" class heavy assualt shuttle; a cross between the DANUBE, ARGO, and Type 11 class shuttlecraft and runabouts."
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

...again...

So say hello to the BANZAI Mk. III space superiority fighter. A 2-man, hell-spitting, warp-capable bird of death!!!

More to come, when I have more time...
    106364.jpg106365.jpg106366.jpg106367.jpg
    Should give the tip more of a curve then a sharp edge like that
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    Should give the tip more of a curve then a sharp edge like that

I agree because it just doesn't seem quite right as it sits now. If there are more plans for refinement then I'll bite my tongue until it's done, though. :) Other that the nose I love it. Especially the stacked impulse looking engines. :thumb:
    Broadened the nose... a little. I want to keep a little bit of a "point", because the overall shape of the MkIII is that of an broad arrow/spear-head. Also, while a curve might be sleeker, or more in-line with general-Trek design philosophy, the BANZAI takes it design ques more from the Dauntless/Prometheus-Class designs.

Also brought in a seat, from another one of my projects. It is loosely based on the current ACES II, found in many current American fighters. While the BIII's seats do not actually eject, the design provides many of the benefits that the "original" had. The reason behind using a "old-school" style seat is that, in case of damage to the inertial dampeners, this will allow for at least some relief of the G-Forces that would be experienced, when throwing this around in space/atmosphere.

The pilots for both the BANZAI and HAWK wear fully-sealed/pressurized "G-suits", which while "old-school" allow them to achieve maneuvers not possible for those without... especially when in atmo, where aerodynamics and gravity take part in determining what you can and cannot survive.
    106372.jpg
    15.jpg 62.1K
    Keep the point but round the sides?
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    If the arrow resemblance is your goal I would only say to blunt the nose to about half the point you've gone in this last post.:)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    That's sleek. Really cool.
    Glad everyone is liking it, and thanks for the feedback.

- Narrowed the nose back a little
    - Added the panel sections / joystick / throttle quadrant in the cockpit
    - Misc little tweaks here and there
    106378.jpg106379.jpg106380.jpg
    16.jpg 285.2K
    17.jpg 290.7K
    18.jpg 54.2K
    Round of the sides of the nose a lil more the angle just doesn't fit with the rest of the design
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice little ship, reminds me of a Starfleet version of a Viper Mk VII from BSG.
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Actually... that is a perfect assessment, Keith! :)
    Sorry about the short break, but had to setup my desktop, but I should be back in the flow for the most part... unfortunately, I will be out of state for the next 3 months for advanced training, but I will have my desktop with me, so I won't be completely silent.

All that being said, I got some more work done.

- The Canopy design was adjusted
    - Cut in the center-line "Torpedo Tube"
    - "Landing Gear" has been cut and rigged, using the same method I used on my FALCON project over at F3D.com
    (See this clip to see some of said FALCON's rigging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Ai6Zg-jlw&list=PLQ6x3B7LirNhxsUTZY3SZg5JserxdN2p1&index=3)
    106468.jpg106469.jpg106470.jpg106471.jpg
    19.jpg 183.8K
    20.jpg 322.2K
    21.jpg 174.1K
    22.jpg 298.9K
    Dig how the cockpit splits in half when it goes up
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    interesting ideas...
    Glad everyone is liking the BIII design progress.

I plan to build the canopy interior a bit, so its not just a smooth shell... but that will be latter.

In the mean time, did some more refining to the meshes, and detailed the hull a bit more. Also built the new pulse cannons that will be used. Still need to do some detailing to them, but they will be fairly clean-cut, in keeping with overall smooth design.
    106528.jpg106529.jpg106530.jpg
    24.jpg 46.4K
    25.jpg 44.8K
    26.jpg 67.8K
    Is it windowless?
    Yes. It encases the crew in a fully armored/sealed pod, so as to maximize the protection. The crew use special helmets which allow them to see whatever they are "looking at" throught the use of a holigraphic overlay... the same system is explained in more detail back in the opening pages of this thread, from when I was building the NIGHTHAWK.
    And we have camo...
    106553.jpg106554.jpg106555.jpg106556.jpg
    27.jpg 417.8K
    28.jpg 276.1K
    29.jpg 292.7K
    30.jpg 160.4K
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, the windows seem to be less of a structural issue than panels and consoles.....

Still nice idea, but I'm not sure about the weapons array. The micro-torpedo launcher looks good, but the pulse (phaser?) cannon muzzles look more like a miniature engine with the red...
    Red dots are sensors... Blue "rectangles" are the cannons.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    it's an interesting design and larger than i thought it would be(the first pictures made it look tiny but with the figures for scake it's seems rather larger than before). some of the lines on the glowing grids appear to be orientated the wrong way though, your second image shows this issue most clearly. i assume this uses a "virtual cockpit" as some of your other designs did with cameras and screens not windows, you will need to make sure there are some backup sets of cameras, just incase.