I thought I'd make a more prominent post about the small set of Blender tutorials I've written up and placed on my server. The link's in my sig, but people probably scroll by it without even realizing it's there. The site is oriented around building big model spaceships a la
the most common stuff you find modeled here! I'll be slowly adding to it over time and I'll try to remember to post here when I make noteworthy updates.
Also, feel free to ask questions, make corrections, and so on!
Text-Complete Articles (Need Images):
- Using & Scaling Background Images
- Subdivision Surfaces (Hull Modeling)
- Vital Addons
- Hull Panels (Shield Grids)
- Warp Grilles*
- Luminous Caps (Bussards, deflectors, & engines)*
- Cycles Renderer and Lighting*
- Miscellaneous Tips & Tricks*
- Fixing Reference Images
- Conformal Geometry (Phaser Arrays)
I just added stubs for the warp grilles, luminous caps, and Cycles articles.