Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWings of Saint Nazaire (Game Art) Large Images!

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Sounds like some great additions, but something seems to have broken the mouse input.
    When I tried to load the alpha I could only use the keyboard, but the game completely ignored the mouse. As great as this game is, it kinda limits the player's options when he can fly only in a straight line. ;)
  • dkhdkh0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey lennier1, I'm dkh, the programmer working alongside Howie. First things first, does the game say "No external controllers detected!" when you go to the Options menu under Controls? And is the Aim Mode set to Mouse?

Thanks for the bug report, hopefully we can resolve the issue! Not being able to steer in a space combat sim does indeed defeat the purpose, haha! ;)

EDIT: If your bug persists, I'd like to direct you to the Bug Reports section of our official forums, so as not to bombard this thread with tech support messages! Link: http://www.wingsofstnazaire.com/forum/index.php
    Could it be that there are two versions at the moment?
    The online version at the old URL results in those problems (without identifyable error messages), the one at the URL in post #567 seems to work just fine.

After playing that version, let me congratulate again. You guys are really doing an amazing job!!!
    Oh! The new build is nowadays released on our website, www.wingsofstnazaire.com - from there you can download the alpha for Windows/Mac/Linux or play it in-browser! Any other links are outdated.

Thanks!
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    I just deleted that old build. Sorry! For all new builds, go to http://www.wingsofstnazaire.com/alpha.html!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I did try registering for the forum a few days ago, seems to be bugged up or something behind the scenes as the links for logging in and registering don't seem to execute the php scripts at all - and the activation email never arrived. So, spam on SFM it is,:p
    Huh, I got confirmation that you tried to register your account, Armondikov, but that confirmation hasn't happened for some reason. I haven't heard about any registration problems from anyone else. Can you re-try with the same mail adress or is it now taken? I don't think I can help you out, at least I can't find anything in the FluxBB forum software. Otherwise, if you have some other mail adress, maybe try one more time?

Your input has always been very valuable to us (yes, I did read along from post 1 heh), would be great to have you on our forums as well, just because it's easier for us to make sure your bug reports and feedback are heard and not forgotten!
    I think I've tracked it down to my own stupid fault. Registered using a .com address, when the email alias I meant to use (for registration and signing up just to get that stuff away from my account) was .co.uk. That's me trying to be way too clever and failing. :lol:
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    fantastic progress. when I first started following this thread, I never expected it would become that good. makes me want to buy a joystick again, probably the first time since freespace. Seriously, I modtlycome here only to checkout this thread (and maybe fractalsonge insane projects)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome, this has really gone from strength to strength with these latest additions, missiles etc. Really developing into a beautiful game with shedloads of potential. Reminds me of all the fun I had with the likes of X-Wing and Starlancer. Keep up the fantastic work guys.
    It's not directly related to the game, but since Howard has demonstrated the advantages of animated PNG images some of you might be interested in this new project that strives to create a better library for handling them. Based on this, we could get better support for the format in our various software packages. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/374397522/apngasm-foss-animated-png-tools-and-apng-standardi
    Thanks guys! And lennier, I love that APNG plugin... It should totally be supported.

Been working on a new cockpit, for the Cobra Heavy Fighter...
    Cobra_05.png
    Have you improved the AI on the new build? Not sure if I'm just out of practice or whether they're more tricksie little buggers than they used to be.
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    Howard Day wrote: »
    Thanks guys! And lennier, I love that APNG plugin... It should totally be supported.

Cobra_05.png

as always, awesome stuff Howard.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member

Cobra_05.png

nice, can we see it with a bit more light on it?
    Nice work, looks great.
    Nah, I don't think the AI improved much... you can just sit there and they'll miss for hours on end. Although if you run away, their movements all move toward you, meaning that you quickly succumb to the fire that just coincidentally is pointing in the right direction.
    Oh, Howard, since I still can't register on the forum and have kinda ran out of email addresses, I thought I'd ask here. Are you considering any character art for this? Or leaving it at just a pair of knees for the pilots? It was a pretty big aspect of Wing Commander and popped up a lot in X-Wing. Or if it's a case that you don't have time, would it be too presumptuous for me to have a shot at it, since I figure I'm better at 2D than 3D these days?

wing-commander-the-secret-missions_2.png
    2699-star-wars-x-wing-dos-screenshot-briefing-rooms.gif
    Armondikov, I changed the registering procedure on our forums, it should work for you now too! If you want me to erase one of your attempted (unverified) registrations, let me know what username or mail was attached to it and I'll erase it so you can re-register using the same details.

Also, excellent question! That X-Wing screenshot brings back sooo many memories.
    Armondikov... I would love that! Drop me a line at howieearl(..at..)gmail.com, and let's freaking talk!

Howie
    dkh wrote: »
    Armondikov, I changed the registering procedure on our forums, it should work for you now too! If you want me to erase one of your attempted (unverified) registrations, let me know what username or mail was attached to it and I'll erase it so you can re-register using the same details.

Also, excellent question! That X-Wing screenshot brings back sooo many memories.

Ah, please do. If you can erase "Armondikov" that would be great - I may as well stay consistent across the web.
    Done! Let us know if there are still any registration issues.
    Got the Startup Sequence of the Cobra heavy fighter almost completely done. Some minor tweaks to the reticule, and then I'll get it exported into the game!
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Wow, fantastic, as always! The attention to detail and the dedication to the aesthetic really comes through, there's a real craftsmanship to this.
    Nice, as always loving the work you're doing on this.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool sequence but having some sound will really bring that to life.
    stonky: Why thank you sir! Frankly, I'm looking forwards a bit to the Alien cockpits, where not every bit of laid out visuals needs to make sense! Things will go so much faster. :D
    TALON_UK: Thanks you, sir!
    spacefighter: I totally agree. You can listen to the Copperhead fighter taking off here: www.wingsofstnazaire.com - just hit "Play Alpha"!

Okay, some updates! We got that new cockpit and ship in the game, and it looks awesome. I also implemented Beam-weapons for the fighters in the game. They're very sexy, but they'll also be a very challenging weapon. Since they've got a duration, you'll need to track your target to hit them with all the damage potential. That means that if an enemy takes evasive, your badass beam weapon might only deliver a sliver of its total power on target.
    cobraguns.gif
    http://www.hedfiles.net/cobracombat.gif
    http://www.hedfiles.net/cobraexterior.gif
    beamguns.gif

Enjoy!
    Did a wallpaper!
    WOSN_Wallpaper_01.png
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Did a wallpaper!
    WOSN_Wallpaper_01.png

Prove it! :p
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Image didn't display before - hence the above.

Nicely done, BTW.