Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Avengers 2012 - HELICARRIER

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers Paul ! ... Fortunately sanity isn't required here ..... Should have the front section sorted soon ....

Always good to have Ethel on your side ! :argh: ...

Jas
    Recently got back to the Quinjet, ... The lower half of the Fuselage is temp, as it has a unique shape to the belly that I'll be doing next ... The initial main exterior structure is almost done ... then will do final adjustments, before building as a hi-res version of the model ...

I've tested the current build on deck on the Helicarrier model, ... Will show renders of that once I've got the basic structure of the Quinjet nailed ...

Jas

Click on Links to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

quinjetwip002.jpg Full Size Pic quinjetwip003.jpg Full Size Pic
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    great stuff! looks awesome.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Looks excellent if blurry :) Looking forward to the high-res build!
    Thanks Guys ! :thumb:

@ Tobian:

The blur was intentional for those pics :P ... as they were only to show progress of the structure. But it shouldn't be too long before I start the detailed version, as I want to get stuck into the Interior, which should make for some interesting shots later ....

Jas
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I love the Quinjet. Keep up the good work.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Crikey.

It'll keep you out of mischief, if nothing else...
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    It always makes me laugh when you call these the low poly work in progress models. The only way you'll get much more detail in there is if you build the thing for real.

:p

Cracking work as always.

:thumb:
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Exceptional work my friend. The first works of your I saw was the AT-AT and it was just crazy. Always look forward to more from you.
    Al
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    You doing the interiors as well, you truly are crazy, and my kind of crazy... (want a new wicker basket?) :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Jas, your are CRAZY. But in a good way. Love it! Nice work buddy.:)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really sweet work.
  • Syrus54Syrus540 Posts: 0Member
    Any updates to the helicarrier?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    are you making this model for the new tv series agents of sheild? lol
    Hi Guys

Sorry it's been a while, I've had a few things going on ... but just wanted to say thanks everyone for the great feedback ! :thumb: ...

I do have some good news, that my Helicarrier will be released as a kit, (in two different sizes) ... the larger version will be over 3 feet in length (approx 38 - 40 Inches) ... with a tentative release date being the end of this year / early next year ....

@ Lonewriter: Thanks, .. should have an update for it soon ...

@ Samurai: Good to hear from you mate, not seen you around for ages ...

@ TALON_UK: I 'am' building it for real :p

@ Tralfaz: Thanks, ... the AT-AT will be returning next year ;)

@ Wiz: No more baskets, .. I can hardly move in my cell from weaving the damn things, its just lucky the walls are padded ... :argh:

@ Road Warrior: Cheers Travis ! ...

@ Freak: Thanks mate !

@ Syrus54: Hopefully you liked this recent news Joey ;)

@ colbmista: Who told you ? ... bloody SHIELD agents again ...

Will try to get an update posted soon ...

Cheers !

Jas
    The AT-AT will return? I always marveled at those wip pics of yours. Epic stuff.
    Thanks Travis ! ... Got a few things planned for the AT-AT next year ...

Been a while since I posted something, ... but here's part of the Hi-Res QuinJet, .... Currently working on the Interior ...

Jas

*EDIT* Pic Updated Post #112
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great!

Will you be making the new plane from Agents of SHIELD too?
    Dude! You are the man. Nice work, buddy.
    damn cool!

what happened to the A-Wing? :)
    Cheers Guys ! :thumb:

Just updated the renders with a better material applied to the Tie Down Rings, so they're more defined ...

@Biotech:

Not seen Agents of SHIELD yet, ... movie length premiere this wednesday, looking forward to that !, and will check it out then ....

@ ChrisGFX:

Chris, .. will be getting back to the A-Wing once the QuinJet is done, ....

Jas

PIC UPDATED

Click on Link to View Full Size 1440 x 900

cowa.jpg Full Size Pic
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Cheers Guys ! :thumb:

Just updated the renders with a better material applied to the Tie Down Rings, so they're more defined ...

@Biotech:

Not seen Agents of SHIELD yet, ... movie length premiere this wednesday, looking forward to that !, and will check it out then ....

@ ChrisGFX:

Chris, .. will be getting back to the A-Wing once the QuinJet is done, ....

Jas

PIC UPDATED

Click on Link to View Full Size 1440 x 900

cowa.jpg Full Size Pic

good to hear, because your A-Wing was great! :)

don't get me wrong, this progress here is great too!!! damn great!!!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Your attention to detail is off the f**king scale....
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    I do have some good news, that my Helicarrier will be released as a kit
    Ooooh, I missed that bit. Official licensing I'm assuming? That's a pretty sweet deal. Do we get to hear how that came about?
    How'd you like it? Now there's that modified C-17 Globemaster to add to your modelling list (not to mention Lola).
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    This is a cool concept and will be a fun one to model but I wish the film had addressed the design more realistically. This carrier is of course impossible without anti-gravity technology. I don't think it would have taken anything away from the movie if they had done it that way vs. giant lifting fans. Something that massive simply could not sustain flight considering the physics of the situation. The fans would have to be two or three times the size they are but then you get into the heavier it gets the bigger the engines...etc..etc...

I'd like to see you model the carrier but replace the fans with big anti-grav units...let's see what it would look like with a better level of suspension of disbelief. After all what's more believable, a design that defys physics or a design using technology that may exist in reality some day and could easily have been invented by Tony Stark in the Marvel film universe?
    You have seen the Captain America film right? :)
    tobian wrote: »
    You have seen the Captain America film right? :)

Says the guy modeling every nut and bolt on a space station...:p

Yes dear..I've seen the films...LOL. I just don't see anything wrong with enhancing believability in the design...that's all I was saying...It was just for discussion sake. I fully realize that the Marvel universe is more akin to fantasy then hard sci-fi. I mean referencing the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a giant C-17 with an extra pair of engines and set of wings??? LOL...that really made me LOL...
    Yes, and that is relevant to the discussion how? :D

I was referring to the fact that in Captain America you had a prototype antigravity device too, which was partially thrust and partially *anti gravity* whatever system they happened to be using was never clear, but obviously a 1930's car engine was never going to provide enough thrust... Fans need to necessarily be visible, but anti-gravity doesn't.
    tobian wrote: »
    Yes, and that is relevant to the discussion how? :D

I was referring to the fact that in Captain America you had a prototype antigravity device too, which was partially thrust and partially *anti gravity* whatever system they happened to be using was never clear, but obviously a 1930's car engine was never going to provide enough thrust... Fans need to necessarily be visible, but anti-gravity doesn't.

Cause I'm jealously pickin on you and your damn talent!

I agree the fans have to be necessarily visible therefore creating a plot device, but instead of fans the designers could have used rotating coils of some super-tech type...
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    The film has a man turning into a giant raging green missile-proof id monster and it's the physics of the helicarrier that are objectionable?