Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Avengers 2012 - HELICARRIER

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers Guys, appreciate the feedback ! :thumb: ... I'm preparing to move house in a couple of weeks, as well as some other things I had going on last year, so apologies for the painfully slow updates, ... the pace will pick up soon ...

@TALON_UK:

That Front Landing Gear has a few complex shapes as single cast pieces, so they were built as Sub-D objects, same with the tire, ... good for close-ups of the aircraft. So for renders as close as you see in the Landing Gear WIP pic, it's 130k at full res .... but for distance shots, the Sub-D can be turned off, ... knocking off about 60% of the poly count, with the parts structure still looking the same, but without the extra polys ... This is important, considering the amount of hi-res aircraft that will be on deck .. The LOD can be controlled depending on the shot, not just for the Jets, as this principle will apply for most of the project ...

@ Tobian & Wiz:

Even though my Rig has some power under the hood, .. A project of this scope, and intended detail level, .. I still have to be careful ...

@ DCB:

Thanks mate, ... No, I've not seen it before, .. appreciate the heads-up on that Vid ! ... I've taken plenty of screen captures from the bluray movie, but the wishbone area was never that great for clarity... I've already got that area roughed out, ... but this extra bit of reference will be very useful for the finer details and accuracy .. Cheers !

Below is an updated pic of the Alpha Jet Front Landing Gear ( just accuracy tweaks ) ... Once I've got the house moving out of the way, .. will be working toward posting some new updates ...

Cheers !

Jas

Click on Link to view Full Size - 1440 x 900

o6uQE9.jpg Full Size Pic
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The under carrige is looking great.
  • Syrus54Syrus540 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely Epic.

I wish I had even HALF of your talent.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    These idiots are, well, idiots, but if you have a passing interest in physics:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reel-physics/6778-The-Avengers-Helicarrier
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    DCB wrote: »
    These idiots are, well, idiots, but if you have a passing interest in physics:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reel-physics/6778-The-Avengers-Helicarrier

That is amazing.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Landing gear for Alpha looks perfect! Do you have resources for the Quinjet?
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Slow updates are unacceptable, you cannot tease us with this sort of work and then say you are going to have to wait...
    No way sir!

Me and DCB are coming around, and we're gonna move your sh*t, and then you get these updates coming thick and fast!

Might even bring me some Ethel, that bitch can move boxes like there is no tomorrow, she mutters a lot and may threaten to kill your family but that's just her thing, also she smells of cat wee...
    Also if she asks you to smell her finger.... Don't... just don't...
    Wait, how did I get roped into something that sounds suspiciously like manual labour?
    Thanks guys ! ... Fortunately the house move is over ... but now that I have Wiz, DCB and Ethel helping unpack .. I'll be back to posting updates soon ! .....

@ EBOLII:

I do have enough to get the Quinjet built ... you'll see an initial low-res version for upcoming renders on the low-res Helicarrier deck for placement ...

@ Wiz:

Don't talk to me about Ethel and her finger, I've got my own issues with Ethel .... Unfortunately she caught me one night lurking in the shadows, .. once she clamped on, ... she initiates with a kiss, ... which sounds innocent, but Ethel's kiss is like no other ... and while my tongue was desperately trying to escape, finding one of the many gaps in her teeth ... the sensation was like fossicking through rough coral ... resistance was futile .. it's like kissing an industrial suction pump ...

Once the ordeal was over, ... I crawled back to my cell, closed my padded door, ... then inspected my mangled tongue using a small shaving mirror, ... and I kid you not, it was at least 2 inches longer, ... but I got off lightly, ... I've heard some of the patients here have lost their tongue completely ...

OK, I took a snapshot (pic below) for your assigned areas to unpack my stuff, ... and if you lose sight of Ethel, .... use your beeper, and stay out of the shadows ....

Jas

House Move - Unpacking Assistance Visual Guide

binkermanunpack.jpg Full Size Pic
    Good thing all of it except your section is a matte painting....
    :lol:

You can also hear the scrape of her lazy leg as it drags behind, but don't let that fool you, she can sure pick up the pace once she has the scent. I was dropping off your hi-fi and Video player when I got lost on the way back to the truck in one of them dark areas and she pounced; she kept shouting Jaaaas be gentle with me this time...

I barely escaped with my life, now where do you want your Atari 2600 putting?
    Wiz wrote: »
    she kept shouting Jaaaas be gentle with me this time

Yeah, but you didn't stick around long enough to hear what followed >> ..... me shouting "HELL NO" ... as I repeatedly beat a crowbar over her head ....

Now that we've re-grouped, ... Ethel is out there somewhere, so stay frosty, .... I want Rifles slung, .. Flame Units only ... hang on ... boxes are made of wood, .. no Flame Units ... come to think of it, we haven't got rilfles either, ... I've upgraded your beepers to Motion Trackers, .. so if the blip gets too close .... RUN !

Remember people, .. We got a job to do here ....

Wiz wrote: »
    now where do you want your Atari 2600 putting ?

Right next to the Sinclair Spectrum cassette collection .... and mind me Lava Lamp ...

I'm hi-jacking my own thread here ... better get back to work .... :runs:

Jas
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    My favorite scene was when Hulk was tossing Loki around like a rag doll. I'm looking forward to seeing your Alpha Jet, I love that.
    Yeah, the Hulk scene with Loki was hilarious ...

Update for the Alpha Jet, (pic below) .... The paint color is only being used for WIP renders, ... The S.H.I.E.L.D paint scheme will appear on the completed model .... Currently finishing off the Rear Landing Gear, and will post close-up renders of that for the next update, ...

Jas

*EDIT* - Updated WIP Pic - Post #78
    I believe you mean main landing gear.
    Updated WIP pic to keep image referenced to The Avengers, which makes more sense, ...

@ DCB:

Yes, it can be referred to as the Main Landing Gear ... and will be showing a close-up of that soon ! ...

Jas

Click on Link to view Full Size (1440 x 900)

prRfu4.jpg Full Size Pic
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome!
    I love how surreal it gets when you have all this stuff with high quality, photo-real rendering, and then you have odd polygons in the mix that, despite not being modelled photo-real, are still rendered photoreal.
    That is some nice detailing.
    Cheers Guys !

Made an Initial start to the Quinjet, ...

Jas

*EDIT* - Updated Pic - Post #90
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great...
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Looking awesome! Very ambitious project!
    Thanks Guys !

Hopefully I'll have the head sorted soon, ... and will update that pic in a few days ... The Quinjet will be fun to rig, ... there's quite a lot going on when it engages the VTOL controls, .. I plan to do an animation of it landing later ...

Jas
    Such amazing work, looking on with envy :)
    That's your low res structure? Stop showing off, ass. :p
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Armondikov wrote: »
    That's your low res structure? Stop showing off, ass. :p

'ass'? Durak! The word is zastranitz, bublichka. :devil:
    Dam this is looking sweet.
    Thanks Guys ! ... Update is mainly structure improvements, and a few other things needed doing before working on the nose / cockpit area (currently being built) ..

@ Armondikov:

You'll see that it is, ... when you compare it to the high detail version later .. :p ...

Cheers !

Jas

Click on Link to View Full Size 1440 x 900

helicarrierquinjet2012w.jpg Full Size Pic
    She is coming along nicely matey, and the pills must be really working if you have the courage (or now only partial insanity) to tackle such a piece, Ethel would be proud :)