Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTy'Gokor Station

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    OK, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was thinking along those lines when I was looking at it earlier.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    Wow, I wasn't even thinking about that, but there is a certain similarity. I suppose it can be said that so many station and ship designs have been done over the years that it would be difficult to make anything that wasn't somewhat similar to something. :lol:
    That is so true. It's very hard to do anything that someone isn't going to later say that it reminds them of something else.
    You'd have to look hard but this render represents accuracy tweaks to the Ty'GoKor station.

Thanks to all for your observations.

I edited this post and removed the station image because all the previous images in this thread are updated, including one at the same angle as this one.

I added the homely little dohicky on the right lower portion of the main body and the front is closer being like the model. Check it out in earlier posts if you like.
  • vreenak-01vreenak-010 Posts: 0Member
    Great work. I hope the orthos will come soon?
    All images in this thread are updated to the latest work. Orthos to come soon.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I really like this
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, love the textures and how it looks worn but functional.
    Thanks to both of you.
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 514Member
    Ok I allready said that I like your station and nothing has changed about that. What I didn't said yet is that your planet in post #5 is looking relly awesome. It looks like you have used some photograph of a lake for the texture. Is that so? If so, it is a great idea. I allways like it if simple things are used to create a unique look. Did you do it by youre self? Or (if not) is it possible to get it somewhere?
    I believe a friend of mine made the planet and I am afraid I don't know what he used for the texture. He's a Photoshop expert.
    After analyzing photo after photo I realized the back side of the station has to have a terraced structure in the area indicated by the arrow and the "fins" beyond it. You can see it in some of the photos. As a result, I completely redid the body and it is now nearly identical to the model from all angles.

In this white backdrop, it sure looks like it lost a lot of weight. :lol:
    102822.png
    I tried orthos with the texturing on them, but the details were too hard to see. I did the following as "hidden line" drawings similar to my Klingon Cruiser orthos. I chose this hoping to make it easier to follow the dimensions.
    102908.jpg
    Here is an ortho review with texture. I might add that I worked and worked and redid elements over and over, so that what you see is VERY nearly the same as the original.
    102935.jpg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    looking awesome so far....
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice work but the blue on grey is comparatively hard to see.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Awesome, as usual!

It will be great to see this in an actual scene with scenic lighting instead of WIP lighting.
    ^ I agree with everything lennier1 said. :)
    Yes, I need to work on a scene next. I re-posted an orthographic panel above in place of the front projection. It has some minor refinements even over the blue line drawings. And yeah, I should have done those with black lines and a white background.
  • vreenak-01vreenak-010 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, I love the design of the station. Your aztec texture is very realistic for Klingons. I only miss the Klingon letters down to the emblem of the empire.
    vreenak-01 wrote: »
    Wow, I love the design of the station. Your aztec texture is very realistic for Klingons. I only miss the Klingon letters down to the emblem of the empire.

Thanks for reminding me.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Awesome work! You went through that pretty fast...
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Well executed bro! :thumb:
    The space station looks perfect.
    Added the Klingon Lettering which says either "LIO" or "LYO"

Also more accuracy Tweaks. Minor stuff.
    103014.png
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Sweet looking work so far. Now render it bigger!:)
    It doesn't matter what the text says, it only matters that it looks cool. :D
    From commandersozo on down to evil_genius_180 I forgot a thanks. You're all very kind. Nice to get a shout from tobian who ought to know stations... :thumb:
    Been considering what would look more Klingon. Here's an idea.
    103330.png
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    Been considering what would look more Klingon. Here's an idea.

cool but the two partial ring strcutures seem a bit too regular for a station.