Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTy'Gokor Station

BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
edited September 2013 in Work in Progress #1
This is far along but still a work in progress as I tweak elements closer and closer to the series model. Believe me, it is far from perfect, but I thought you all might be interested in it.

This model was sold at Christie's Auction and some pictures (many blurry) exist of it. None-the-less, a mystery remains about the detail on the far side of Ty'GoKor, since to my knowledge, no photograph of it exists. If you have one...

The station on the left is the Chrisite's Auction picture, and the right is mine.
103461.png
Post edited by Brandenberg on
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Man, you do beautiful work.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,288Member
    Wow.
  • RekkertRekkert4080 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    You've made an amazing work so far.
    I'm not sure that cruiser will fit there though. :lol:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    Ha! I was wondering who would be the first to say that! :p

Thanks to each of you for your encouraging comments. :D

(Note: The first image below goes with Rekkert's above observation about the cruiser not fitting. Had to move it to change the WIP thread image)
    103068.jpg103069.png
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    lovely. a nice model and nicely rendered, the image in orbit around what appears to be a highly volcanic world is great. i am guessing that the second picture is a comparison between yours and the model, yours is very close and i think better coloured.
    I suppose my interpretation of the back side of Ty'Gokor can't be any worse than nothing at all. I ended up rather pleased with the random window pattern.
    102889.png
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,404Member
    Great job.
    Was the station in time to see a show?
    Like me, I like Klingons.
    Make the window maybe a bit reddish? Just an idea ...
    Any chance to get this station?
    Greetings
    Thanks trekki. Not sure what you mean by "in time to see a show." This is work for a game. I replaced the windows with rooms that had a Klingon bridge picture projected on the walls (luminescence 300%). The original looks brighter than how it came out on this site (Re-posted the image above because of the image limit). I also added a spotlight lit emblem on the face. Better?

As far as getting the station I'll post orthos of some of the difficult pieces laid out flat. As usual, I have been doing and re-doing elements and then comparing the renders to the limited number of pictures I have, trying to improve everything including antenna placement. Also visible in the new backside image, I super-detailed and replaced the 3 long angled supports that attach to the docking bays
    To do:
    1) Power reactor in the lower portion behind the hexagonal mesh
    2) Lots of accuracy tweaking - including the main body may be too deep.
    3) The upper front face isn't flat, it has a slight bulge to it.
    4) Detail on the front face.
    5) Greeble detail on the outside of the docking bays including undermount attachements for the angled braces.
    6) More clearance lights
    7) Oh, and that odd thing on the lower right with the satellite dish on it.
    Was the station in a series?
    We have a chance to download the station ?
    Sorry, I can not good English I use a translator.
    trekki
    Was the station in a series?
    We have a chance to download the station ?
    Sorry, I can not good English I use a translator

two threads sorry
    This station appeared in the DS-9 episode "Apocalypse Rising" orbiting around the planet Ty'Gokor. It happens to be the only Canon Klingon space structure ever seen in Star Trek. It was designed and build by Anthony Fredrickson and Michael Okuda. The model was sold at Christie's auction for $8,300.

No download planned, just Orthos.
    Thank you and good succeed.
  • vreenak-01vreenak-010 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. Orthos where so great!
    I wasn't so sure about those windows until you applied the big Klingon logo there, now they look amazing. :D Maybe the surface they're on looks a little bit too flat though.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I wasn't so sure about those windows until you applied the big Klingon logo there, now they look amazing. :D Maybe the surface they're on looks a little bit too flat though.

Thanks Rekkert. Yes, it is completly flat, but it appears in the pictures I have that the real model is completely flat on that side. And to be honest, it's probably due to time constraints in making a model for a TV show. However, I just think of it as Klingon practical austerity. In other words, do just what gets the job done.

This render shows the docking bay supports more clearly.
    103012.png
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some really top notch work. :thumb:

I knew the station was on DS9, because that's the only time I can think of where they may have gone to a Klingon space station. However, I couldn't remember which episode, so thanks for telling us. :D
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Wonderful model!
    Hope this will see use in some scenes that are just as great.
    Thanks trekki, vreenak-01, evil-genius and lennier1. I'll have to do a scene with a Ktinga flyby.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    look forward to the orthos. btw. awesome work, thnx, brandenberg.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Edit: I see later in the thread what it is from. Very cool! Great work Brandenburg!

Now I can send my Kronos One to go dock with it now ;)
    Your Kronos One is an honorable ship, always welcome at Ty'Kokor.

Also, thanks commandersozo
    Sounds like a nice scene.
    The chancellor's ship on a state visit and some regular D7 models on patrol duty or as honor guards.
    Since we see more than one kind of station in Starfleet, I thought I would take the battle hardened look of Ty'Gokor and make a larger Klingon Starbase. Feedback is welcome.

The Center section is a hunting ground / battle training module.
    102695.jpg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    now that's a great idea. me likes. awesome work, brandenberg.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the new station also. It's good that you included a "run around and kill stuff" area. Very important for Klingons. :D
    Think about it, the Hirogen were an attempt by the moronic Voyager writers to use Klingons when the show did not allow for the option. It's only payback to give the Klingons a station similar to this (in terms of purpose).
    Ooo, me like! :D

I like the inclusion of the little docking areas from the Ty'Gokor station. They add some little continuity to the design.

By the way, if those bays are of the same size on both stations, that's one big hunting ground!
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 514Member
    This is looking nice, but I can't avoid to see the Trade Federation Ship from Episode I instead of a klingon station. Sorry, I'm sure it's just me.
    wibble wrote: »
    This is looking nice, but I can't avoid to see the Trade Federation Ship from Episode I instead of a klingon station. Sorry, I'm sure it's just me.

When I first saw the thumbnail I also though about the ships from the Trade Federation. It's drastically different, but the main shape is reminiscent of said design, at least in my eyes.