Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCyberstone project

13»

• MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    The new face looks better, nice job.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    your modeling technique is pretty odd most would do a character model starting from a solid box
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks MarkyD. The new head mesh is making things much easier for me to get close to the artwork.

Agreed Colbmista, I don't build like other people do. But when I tried to start with a box, I ended up with, well to be honest crap. But I learned many many years ago that doing something differently doesn't make it wrong. ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

No pic today. I did get some work done, but it's all small stuff like adding eye sockets etc. I also started the neck, but I'll post an update when I have at least the basic form of the neck and chest area in place.
    So I'm thinking the mesh side of stuff is done (Except for the hair). So I'm going to move onto the texturing. I've not done much flesh before so any advice or tuts would be greatly appreciated.
    102810.jpg102811.jpg
    I'm not 100% sold on the colors I used for the tattoo, but the design is OK.

This being my first attempt to paint a face texture, feedback would be handy. I still have some 27 other textures and maps to build and paint, but I think Bob is starting to come alive.

Also if anyone has some good settings for skin textures, IE Diffusion, Spec, Gloss etc, that would be really handy ta'.
    102845.jpg102846.jpg
    Texture are starting to come along. I still have 2 maps to make and paint. Then O 'll add Diff and Spec maps as well.
    102923.jpg
    Here's the first render of Bob using the main render engine.
    Just a tweek or two more and I'll start the rigging.
    102943.jpg
    I'm not sure if anyone is interested but. I've re-uploaded the act1 previz. https://vimeo.com/72812696
    I'm having a problem with LW 9.6
    Rigging is a slow and new process for me, so any help would be appreciated.
    In theory the rig should be driving the mesh at this point. However they don't seem to be talking. I've rested the bones and they are active, but when I move them the mesh doesn't follow. I've guessing it's just something I've missed, but I can't seem to find the problem. Any advice?
    103205.jpg