Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

How do I model Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid Secondary Hulls?

2»

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    NicoW wrote: »
    *sniff*
    I'm flattered.. after all these years.
    :thumb:

But yeah, good old Nico is still kicking, just not in 3D. Funny thing is that I was searching for my old avatar picture as a log in for my Win7.. you might remember the girl which boosted her decoltee and I tattooed my logo onto her.. that's how I found this. Small world.. no luck so far though on the pic :lol:

Anyway.. won't come back to 3D for at least another 5 years, although it's itching. But that's life, you can't always choose what you get :cool:

Also.. if anyone who has got my old meshes and wants to share them.. feel free to do so. I consider them public domain by now.
    If I ever find the time I'll chase them up - still got them on some hdd's here around - and make them available. Can't promise it though..

All the best.
    Nico
    hey nico welcome back, seeing your avatar reminds me of old times :)
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    I dont know if Max11 has the same functions, but to remove extraneous edges and the like in Maya 2011 (which is apparently practically identical these days), I use combine to join two objects and then merge to remove any duplicate edges or verticies.

I don't really know what the commands do since I don't use maya, but Max 2010-11 does have some nice new poly tools which are based on the Polyboost toolset. There are some nice optimize commands in the Freeform bar. Still going through and learning all the new crazy things I can do, so maybe there is something there.