Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStation project (for other members)

1235»

• EgeriaEgeria61 Posts: 0Member
    We rather think that a civilization as advanced as this one is supposed to be, would have moved beyond regular elevators... at least in the interpretation as a box/platform that is moved up/down along a defined track... Why not go for something that is truly inhuman, like a energy field based elevator?

Or the species could be airborne and not need it at all...

by the incorporating the large part, did you refer to our tetrahedral theory, LockeFP?
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, there would have to be some sort of vertical movement, is what I was getting at.

As for what I'm incorporating, I was more referring to the docking elements. My initial structural shape will remain what it is.
    we know... we were merely offering suggestions on possible means of vertical movement...

which one was your original structural shape again?

We believe we have figured out the error we made on the dock segment examples... to build such segments correctly, with the direction of gravity in mind, we cannot draw it horizontally like the floor of a house... it has to be drawn vertically, like a tall building... The need for curved floors will provide an interesting challenge...
    Okay, well here are a couple of images. The first is the basic concept I'm working from. The outer ring spins, but the center shaft remains motionless, allowing the docking area and power station (coming off of the two sphere's at the "apex" of the two sets of triangles) to remain at zero-g. The inner ring is for storage and cargo, as well as station-based craft such as cargo-haulers and "workbee" craft.
    hexagon01.jpg

The second and third images are my current status. I've hidden the rest of the station, because it hasn't had much work done to it yet, but this showcases the outer ring and the umbilical parts I have right now. Those will change soon, to reflect more of what morran showed in a few previous posts. For reference size, the smallest of the cylinders you see are 5 meters in diameter.
    outerring01.jpg
    outerring02.jpg
    not entirely sure why, but those images give us the feel of leaving too little for others (like ourselves) to invent constructionwise...
    I only plan on designing the two rings and the connect points for the species-specific extensions. The power station, docking area, and spoke extensions will all be left to others.
  • morranspacemorranspace0 Posts: 0Member
    so you want an elevator structure?
    I must say: THAT LOOKS GOOD (mean the pictures)
    :thumb:
    We think we'd like to try a bit on the central axis... no use designing any of the docks until the placement for them has been designed, and we don't know how that will be yet...

if the thinnest tubes on your drawing are 5m, that would make the height of the ring itself roughly 30-40 meters... Experimenting with making it out of segments constructed of dual dodecahedrons with side lengths of 50m...
    I have a question?

what sizes platforms will be oke? and What kind of shapes is best?

let me know
    The size and shape would really depend on their locations on the station...

if they're to project out from LockeFP's wheel, we would suggest using a curved sector of a torus... alternatively a flattened version of this (i.e. flat walls)
    ok, we've made a quick outer shell for such axial component and we wonder what you think of it...

it is roughly 237m tall, but that can be resized... all the segments protrude outwards, but it will still need many more surface features, considering that the surface area of the 1/5th dark sections is 364,761957 MetersA2... The small pentagons in the middle are 141,152213 MetersA2...
    89550.PNG
    I think I just make a wapon platform my way and show it later and then say what can be changed

CYA
    Honestly, I haven't the foggiest idea what is going on here. It seems we're all headed in different directions with this one. I'm just going to go one with my own project, and show it off some time in the future. You fellas have fun with this.
    our work so far has been on making something that can serve as the central axis on the image you posted earlier, LockeFP... The dimensions may have been a bit off though... It might be we scaled it far too big... Also, it would naturally need some sort of bigger segment where the spokes on your wheel would enter the axis...
    ok, here's a version to give a better idea of what we had in mind with the part we're trying to make...

we scaled it down to 50% then copied it a few times...

It will replace the pinkish part in your example design, LockeFP.

we added a simple wheel to represent yours in relation to our axial... of course the dimensions are nowhere near correct...
    89554.PNG89555.PNG
    LockeFP

Why don't you give us a introduction what You would like it to be?

I realy like you stile! (the rings and stuff)
    That station idea of yours was what I whas thinking of!

-Im right behind je-
    :thumb:
    Yes, we too liked your basic idea... Most of the suggestions we made on the area of main size and shape were based on that and intended to make that station bigger... We've not been able to think out anything "new" on the front of the main shape...