Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStation project (for other members)

• Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    150 years could also work, but I was also thinking a bit in terms of Egyptian culture where they built the Great Pyramid and related structures. Sufficient AI tech could keep Nexus from falling out of orbit and maintained, sort of like the Keepers do for the Citadel. I like the idea of a stripped down station, or perhaps one that was intended to be expanded upon but never was.

As for the "really, really big" weapons, I deliberately left that vague until there's an idea of what kind of tech is available. For once I'm trying to let the engineering side of my brain take a break instead of saying "wait! you canna do that cap'n!"

While the Mayans seemingly vanished without a trace, having a race just up and leave mysteriously has been done a lot in scifi, so I thought it would be interesting to have a twist where the society just became uninterested in space travel, and instead of dying off completely (another scifi staple), why not have the species still around but technologically backwards? Maybe the modern Veran society wasted away, but the more primitive tribes, who continue to live off the land, didn't. This approach also pulls away from the "one race, one society" that you see a lot in scifi as well; I fully envision more than one human nation, for instance, creating their own "Expo" section of the station…

Anyway, it's just a thought, to give some kind of baseline to start from.

Trivia: Jangan Pandang is Malaysian for "don't look."
  • morranspacemorranspace0 Posts: 0Member
    the story sounds good...
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    U wanna group modelling a station section by section give them a base model to modfl off of

Oh okay, so we're not thinking in all that different directions after all :)

Original universe certainly sounds good, I don't have any concrete ideas for a shape off the bat though.

Oh and one more technical thing we might want to consider is polycount - so far I count 8 peeps here, assuming a completely arbitrary goal/limit of 1 mill that would give everyone about 125k to work with.
    I don't whant to be pushy but I like to get started

so...
    why dont we all show are idees (mabe pictures) of what there thinking of
    and then mix the idees ( if posuble ) and the start

like we give all a topic of what to do like

one does docking stuff while the other makes the waponcontroll ( it is just a exaple )

I think that will work
    to start of I like a shipyard/tradeing space station

the 30 mile long is the sise I like to

But I think alien station would be more in advansed civ. then us (like always)
    mabe one of us can create somthing new, like another powersorse or docking abilety, hoever I realy like the docking mesh of mickey-B, ets.

well...? what about you guys
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    I like the arc reactor from iron man as a power source
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm currently working on an overall shape for the station, but I can't finish it until next week some time. If anyone else comes up with a good design, I'm all for it, but let's all get a hand in this! Everyone start coming up with overall, barebones-style images for an outline. No detail, no embellishment. Just a few straight (or curved!) lines to indicate the general idea.
    I agee with that
    The idee of the arc reactor is fine with me !
    this Is my idee of a reactor !
    88983.jpg
    I build up my plan (still needs more detail and help but...) and have made this first ( the firts 2 pictures)

one with light on and one with lights off. as you can see the reactor cores give light still it needs more work. as for the system details, it also needs more detail.

the inner core needs some special effects and the filter or engine to.

made myself (ofcouse) in just a few min.

I will send some updates later

(I know it looks stopid now but it will look better later on)
    88984.jpg88985.jpg88986.jpg
    UPDATE FOR REACTOR

Made some ajustments and add same more textures
    88987.jpg88988.jpg88989.jpg
    no coments?

is that a good thing or bad?

hmm...
    a station needs raddar or radio or comunication divises to command or communicate

so what kind of comuniction systems do you guys whant?

maby....
    88991.png88992.jpg
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    For communications, I would suggest something similar to the antennae on most Trek stations. Lots of them, with varying lengths, widths and shapes.
    sounds good...
    If the reactor is not the good type or size or anything

report please
    A station needs defends so I was thinking what ki8nd of defends? well you got turrets and warmachines on the station but thats not realy good for s station this size so I made a copy of a picture I found on the INTERNET and used it to create a fighter ( small spacevessel ) it is (well it looks like ) a scout but if we have a deserted or abanden spacestation it will be fitting

so I made a space deffend ship ( smal ) it is the size of a F16 it does not have any landing gear jet and does need some detail the engines ar big and makes the ship or fighter look fast

it mabe look stopid because of the low detail.
    89002.jpg89003.jpg
    After a lot of scalping and editing I came this far

got pulsar canons ( needs some detail still ) -still working on-
    got masef engines ( of that size ship of course )
    got cockpitwindows ( needs more detail ) -still working on-

so thats the update for the V-1204
    89009.jpg89010.jpg89011.jpg89012.jpg89013.jpg
    update for the V-1204

upgrade on the pulsar canon
    89014.jpg89015.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    What I'd ~personally~ like to see are more ground-based Starfleet (U.F.P.) colonies, science stations or partially-submerged amphibious outposts such as the Star Wars "Gungan City" or Stargate's "Atlantis" as we all know there's gotta be races like the Gungans and Xindi Aquatics out there. There's already plenty of parking stations, orbital office complexes, drydocks, mushroom-style starbases, etc.

I'd love to see a Starfleet (U.F.P.) Marines Fort with Argo Shuttles, a few civilian air-cars parked next to the base replimat/diner, a few Xenon-Class hoppers, etc. sitting out ready to deploy on landing pads located next to a small but developing town around a Dominion War-era V.A. (Administration,) building and hospital?

Edit Post: Oh wow. Love the idea. An abandoned alien station. Would Humanity be able to contact their homeworld via their own commercial/military satellite-relays between the station and the aliens' homeworld? Do the aliens specifically care that we annexed their base?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    What I'd ~personally~ like to see are more ground-based Starfleet (U.F.P.) colonies, science stations or partially-submerged amphibious outposts such as the Star Wars "Gungan City" or Stargate's "Atlantis" as we all know there's gotta be races like the Gungans and Xindi Aquatics out there. There's already plenty of parking stations, orbital office complexes, drydocks, mushroom-style starbases, etc.

I'd love to see a Starfleet (U.F.P.) Marines Fort with Argo Shuttles, a few civilian air-cars parked next to the base replimat/diner, a few Xenon-Class hoppers, etc. sitting out ready to deploy on landing pads located next to a small but developing town around a Dominion War-era V.A. (Administration,) building and hospital?

Edit Post: Oh wow. Love the idea. An abandoned alien station. Would Humanity be able to contact their homeworld via their own commercial/military satellite-relays between the station and the aliens' homeworld? Do the aliens specifically care that we annexed their base?

Abbandond means free to take and this station aint trek based its original
    sorry to bather the conversation about what type station it is ( well colbminsta is right )
    here is an update for the V-1204
    89046.jpg89047.jpg89048.jpg89049.jpg89050.jpg
    89051.jpg
    the idee of me is that if a station is forgoten for over a 100 or over a bace or station must have some stuff still in it like ships, cargo, ennergy cells ets. ets. well because it is an forgoten or arbanden station I whas thinking to put some ships or fighers in the docking or repair stations, the ships have to look old to get the idee of an arbanden station or we can act like the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA who is alown, and make a story like; the station lost orbet of an surtain planet and has driven about for an 100 years or more.

just an example
    thes are some screen shot of the side top back and front ( and an rangdom one too )
    89053.jpg89054.jpg89055.jpg89056.jpg89057.jpg
    anyone elles has something new?
    ( ''another update again this guy does not now what he whants'' )

oke...

here is another update ( more detail )

-engine cooling system on top of the engine

-engine detail on side

-pilot

-plasma gun

-inside update
    (still working on putting bottons in the cockpit)

One problem the ship is one part a idee of a F16 jetfighter ( see front part ) the glass cockpit window is the same as a jetfighter

to enter the ship you have to open the window and enter and the lanch
    but how is this posible when the ship is at the stationwhen it uses those docking ports
    so maby we should use lach ports like in the serie BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and we use the docking ports for bigger ship to dock ate the station

any ideas? please tell me...

I hope you like the v-1204, I did work hard on it, but if it needs some changes
    please tell me...

see you friends...
    89066.jpg
    dont mension the engine trail

it is just a fast draft