Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDark Mirror Universe WIP

• Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Tell me about it that and the Aventine has been enter a few times as well. All I can say is if you like my design, please vote for it. All the more votes on creative designs the better.

You can find mine in the search section with the keyword Sean.

Thanks again for the support.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder415 SwedenPosts: 105Member
    Someone took your design, added a bunch of nacelles and gun turrets, and called it their own:

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/sites/default/files/imagecache/lightbox/ERIKBLOOD.jpg
    Yep and I have reported it as offensive. It was a cheap knockoff too. 4 Nacelles and a few "Turrets" come on...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Apart from the overkill, you can still see your original signature, all in all a poor attempt...
    Where has the world only gone to... :(
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    To be honest Sean's design is the only one I actually like:
    - No stupid uber weapons,
    - No special modes like a Multi Vector Assult mode which splits into a buzillion ships
    - the right amount of nacelles

I'd go as far as to mark all the others offensive to my intellect, I mean really? putting in the Excallibur class and trying to pass it off as your own design or one of these uber fan w*nk bridge commander ships, I don't mind the other ships where they may not be as well versed with programs but they have actually made an effort to do something original

But back on topic :), Great work as always Sean!
    USSVENTURE91701.jpg

While creating my official entry into Cryptic's Design The Next Enterprise Contest I was building a alternate design just in case
    I could enter more than once. The U.S.S. Venture is that design. While very similar to my NCC-1701-F entry this design has a
    totally different saucer and Impulse deck. Both designs incorporated the Aventines' Slipstream Tech.

I plan on making my Dark Mirror Universe Counterpart soon. In the mean time if you want to see my Enterprise design as the Next Enterprise please
    go to Cryptics' site and vote for me. Here is the Link. http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?filter=search&keyword=sean

Thanks again for you support.

Sean Tourangeau
    Ac Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved
    Created in Adobe Illustrator CS5

ISSVENTURE91701.jpg

Here is the Dark Mirror Universe Version of the Venture

Long Live The Terran Empire!

Sean Tourangeau
    Ac Copyright 2010
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    Dear me, it looks beautiful!
    Can ysou give us a side view without the nacelles, right now you cannot see much of the neck and I'd love to know how that looks.
  • supersasa1supersasa10 Posts: 0Member
    I would love to see a version of the Venture without the wings on the side.
    That being said, I love the version with just the large blade-like primary section.
    supersasa1 wrote: »
    I would love to see a version of the Venture without the wings on the side.

Oh i am modifying it right now you will see it soon. With this design I have come up with a few other new designs. I will be posting them soon.
    Here is my next Federation Starship and it's Evil Sister the Hestia.
    This is another take off for the Design The Next Enterprise Design I created.
    I really Wish I could of enter more than one design, but rules are rules so this becomes
    just another ship in my fleet.

I created this on without the hammerhead element and adjusted the size of the Impulse Deck
    as well as modifying the Nacelles just a little.

Enjoy.

Sean Tourangeau
    Ac 12-27-2010
    Created In Adobe Illustrator CS5

USSHestia.jpg
    ISSHESTIA.jpg
    wonderful work!!!!!
  • darkthunderdarkthunder415 SwedenPosts: 105Member
    I much prefer the look of this one over the Hammerhead version. This one feels more "Enterprise"-like, as it in many ways resembles the lines of the original NCC-1701 through NCC-1701C.
    It looks absolutely wonderful!
  • RekkertRekkert4332 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,334Member
    They are all beautiful designs, though I agree with darkthunder.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    ISSSPARTAN.jpg

Back in 2009 I started up sketches and even a early vector image for a Starship called the Spartan. At the time I was a little burned out with starship so I never completed it.
    Well with the Design the Enterprise contest come renewed energy when it comes to starship design, so I decided I would finally finish the Spartan. So here she is.
    She is a Imperial Heavy Cruiser built to take a pounding if she had to. Heavy armor and Plenty of Weapons. With the Spartan I gave her a bigger Impulse Deck for
    Sublight warfare.

She is the first of her class and that class is called the Sparta class.

And Yes with the registry and name I did get the idea from Frank Miller’s 300.

Sorry it took a while to finish this design.

I.S.S. Spartan
    NCC-80300
    Ships Moto - "Tonight We Dine In Hell!"

Sean Tourangeau
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    1-6-2011
    Hehe, Leonidas sentence.. A good motto in that universe. Could imagine that the Spartans of that universe really were like in 300 (after all, the movie isn't that much acurate in regards of historical facts). Might be equal to the Klingon "Today is a good day to die" line..
    Time to get Out The Vote. With 5 days left in the submission stage of the Design the Next Enterprise I am asking you all to go over to http://startrekonline.com/enterprise and vote. Vote Daily for my design or any of the other great designs in the contest. Remeber the top 25 or so get into the next phase of judging. So Please Please get over there and vote.

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?filter=search&keyword=tourangeau

Thanks,

Sean
    Just a reminder 2 days left to vote on the Next Enterprise contest so please go out and vote again if you can.

(Shameless Plug again I know)
    Sean

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?filter=search&keyword=Tourangeau
    Well the submission stage is done with Design the Next Enterprise, but it looks like the votes are still being taken. So Please keep on visiting the contest site and vote for you favorite be it mine or any of the other great designs.

Sean

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?filter=search&keyword=Tourangeau
    update 1-19-2011

Looks like the Voting has finally closed on the Contest. I would like to thank any of you that voted for my design. As it stands right now my design finished the first round in third place votes wise. I hope that helps my design get into round. Now to wait until April.
    Recently as a test image for a possible ongoing freelance gig I had to create a test
    hockey jersey and submit it. While this is not the image from that test I figured I would have
    some fun with the template I used. So here are two samples of themed Hockey Jersey Designs.

Sean Tourangeau
    3-3-2011

ShadowsJersey.jpg
    StarfleetJersey.jpg
    Hehe, nice. I like me, both.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Dark Saber wrote: »
    Sean Tourangeau
    3-3-2012
    I'm suspecting there is a typo in there some where....
  • lennier1lennier1919 Posts: 1,287Member
    Capt Dave wrote: »
    I'm suspecting there is a typo in there some where....
    Force of habit. A few years ago he simply showed up, completely naked and stepping out of a strange sphere which was throwing lightning bolts left and right.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Force of habit. A few years ago he simply showed up, completely naked and stepping out of a strange sphere which was throwing lightning bolts left and right.

Post Judgement Day
    Over the years doing my Dark Mirror Universe Characters and Ships I have been constantly asked if I was going to ever do any thing with the character while Posted on the I.S.S. Enterprise. Well here is you answer...Yes

I am about to start another sample set of pages to send to IDW and I have a sample script for Star Trek The Next Generation Intelligence Gathering. I am going to go by that script and instead of having it in the TNG universe I am going to do it in the Dark Mirror Universe. So here is my first character sketch of Cmdr Riker how I see him looking.

Enjoy.

Sean Tourangeau
    Hand Drawn with Prisma Color Markers
    4-26-2011

CmdrRiker.jpg
    Ah yes, I remember that story. Nice idea.
    Speaking of intelligence, what about Janeway? :D
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    I STILL want you to complete drawings and developments on the Brothers Soong. Data, Lore, and B4, The personal guard of Admiral Jean-Luc Picard. We've seen Capt. Peter Rasmussen, Admiral Picard, of the I.S.S. Ares, but only a color marker sketch of the Brothers Soong.
    It is Peter S. Stone as the Captain of the Ares. I may do up the Soongs you never know.